Do Animals have an after life?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If animals don't go to heaven, then I'm not interested in going either.

The greatest love and compassion I've ever known has been given to me by the animals I've owned. They have souls. Nothing that loves as much as a dog does doesn't have a soul. It's impossible.

So if my dogs, birds and giant tortoise aren't waiting for me in heaven (the tortoise will probably outlive me), then I have no interest in going.

Personally, I think the afterlife is big enough for everything, even coral and fleas. I don't understand why those who believe that God created everything on earth think he can't take it all back again--or why he wouldn't.

Nor do I think that animals are "judged." That's silly. Animals bite and kill out of instinct, not out of malice.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Or what about the parrot my neighbors had who called everyone an 'asshole'?

:laugh:

I had a parakeet (yes, budgies can talk and very well, too!) who swore like a sailor. "Asshole" was the only word he seemed confused on, he used it lovingly.

But he knew what the rest meant. My grandma teased him and made him mad one day, and he screamed "F--- you!!" I tried to convince her he hadn't said anything...

The last word I ever heard him say was "sh*t," right before his stroke.

jay canseco said:
What about ants? I wonder what ant heaven is like?

I think an ant's heaven would just be a place without incecticide and human feet. I mean they can carry something like 100 times their weight, they can build kindoms within weeks, they can bring pain to those 1000 times their size...they are pretty powerful beings.

Their heaven is probably an everlasting picnic basket without humans around.

AvsGirl41 said:

The greatest love and compassion I've ever known has been given to me by the animals I've owned. They have souls. Nothing that loves as much as a dog does doesn't have a soul. It's impossible.

That's beautiful AvsGirl :) I have to agree..I love that saying "the more people I meet, the more I like my dog" :wink: sadly there's much truth to that

BonoVoxSupastar said:

What about the pitbull that killed? I mean was it really told that killing was wrong?

Or what about the parrot my neighbors had who called everyone an 'asshole'?

Or skunks, did they ever do anything nice?

I don't think animals go to heaven, but if I'm wrong, I think they ALL do. A pitbill killed because humans have bred and trained it to do so. Same with a nasty parrot. Skunks are nice if you don't give them a reason to spray. We had 6 skunk kittens in our yard and we would pet them and feed them from our hands.

AvsGirl41 said:

So if my dogs, birds and giant tortoise aren't waiting for me in heaven (the tortoise will probably outlive me), then I have no interest in going.

Personally, I think the afterlife is big enough for everything, even coral and fleas. I don't understand why those who believe that God created everything on earth think he can't take it all back again--or why he wouldn't.

Nor do I think that animals are "judged." That's silly. Animals bite and kill out of instinct, not out of malice.

Beautiful! :heart:
I will have a whole zoo waiting on me and I believe animals will be above humans in heaven. They are certainly more deserving.

I do think there will be animals in heaven - will they be 'our' animals? I don't know - though I think it would be nice. The verse I think of is that one that speaks of the lion lying with the lamb - can't quote the entire context but that's why I think there will be at least some animals in heaven.

i dont' think anyone knows what heaven looks like, and anyone who thinks they know, or thinks they know on the basis of what they've read, is just trying to sell you something. or trying to make themselves feel better about that sneaking suspicion that, well, this might just be it.

regardless, if you love something or someone, it becomes a part of you and never leaves you spiritually. my dog visits in dreams, in inopportune moments waiting for the bus, or when you hear another dog bark and you think, for just a moment, maybe it is him?

thus, if you -- call it a soul, call it energy, whatever -- go to heaven, the love for your pets, your parents, for anything that you've invested love into, will come with you.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Their heaven is probably an everlasting picnic basket without humans around.

Ah, so that's what Insectopia is!

Anywho, :up: to indra, AvsGirl, and Irvine's posts.

My various pets I've had over the years were considered a part of my family, too. If there is an afterlife, I really hope that they'd be a part of it. I want them to be in a peaceful place, too.

Angela

Animals go to the AfterLife, Heaven Paradise, whatever you choose to call it.

I also believe humans will go to an existence beyond here, where they land determines what they did with the knowledge God granted them here.

I believe you are judged by what you know in this life as God is just and also merciful.

Animals not being able to reason will not be judged the way we humans, God's children will be.

db9

MrsSpringsteen said:

That's beautiful AvsGirl :) I have to agree..I love that saying "the more people I meet, the more I like my dog" :wink: sadly there's much truth to that

This is one of my favorite expressions, except I have to amend it to say "the more I see of people, the more I like my sister's dogs!!!"

I like to believe that we will be reunited with the pets as well as the people we loved on Earth when we get to Heaven. It wouldn't be Heaven without them.

While there is no clear authority on animals in heaven, it seems that most tend to go with what they prefer - the image of heaven being the best of what they like on earth.

Moreover, this thread has been interesting as a commentary on why we have pets.

Do pets provide easy companionship when human relationships are challenging?

nbcrusader said:

Actually my dog is quite the demanding diva, so she's quite challenging :wink:

Frankly not all human beings are kind, affectionate, and capable of giving you unconditional love the way animals are. No one is saying animals should take the place of human relationships-but when people hurt you beyond what words can express, an animal will never do that (only the pain of losing them is hurtful). I don't see anything wrong w/ that.

When I was young, I remember using the following rationale for why animals go to heaven.

1. The Bible states that in heaven there will be no tears.
2. If my cat is not in heaven, I would be sad and cry buckets.

Therefore, my cat will be in heaven.

:D

I like my reasoning. :tongue:

nbcrusader said:

not easy compansionship, but simple compansionship. uncomplicated. all they ask for is food and water and a little kindness, and they reward you with the wonderful feeling you get after a hard, horrible day and you open the front door and at least someone is positively *thrilled* to see you.

sulawesigirl4 said:
When I was young, I remember using the following rationale for why animals go to heaven.

1. The Bible states that in heaven there will be no tears.
2. If my cat is not in heaven, I would be sad and cry buckets.

Therefore, my cat will be in heaven.

:D

I like my reasoning. :tongue:

I STILL use this reasoning! "If [insert favorite pet here] is not heaven, then it's simply not heaven."

I guess then the question is, are animals in heaven because of what THEY did/believe/are/whatever, or because of what they mean to humans?

Back
Top Bottom