Disarmament Was Working... - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-21-2003, 04:34 PM   #61
The Fly

Local Time: 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by womanfish

You saying Israel is more of a threat to the Arab world and world at large is ludicrous. They are a threat to the Palestinians, and the Palestinians are a threat to the Israel. They have been fighting for years and will continue to do so even though, U.S. presidents go in again and again for peace talks.
Then, US Presidents should go in for war
The last of them seems to be very much carried away by force as a means of resolving problems.

Old 03-21-2003, 04:39 PM   #62
New Yorker

Local Time: 08:06 PM
I think disarmament must have been working.
We've been at war for 2 days and the most Iraq has been able to throw at us is some antiaircraft fire and some old missiles (not determined to be scuds). The tugboat with sea mines is pretty pitiful also. Where are his WMD. I'd think he would have used them by now. I hope he doesn't use chemical or biological weapons if he does have them on our troops, but I even less convinced that this was necessary.
Of course, I could be wrong.
I also agree with Alexrus on Israel.

Old 03-21-2003, 04:42 PM   #63
The Fly

Quote:

And please list some UN resolutions that have been violated by Israel. If there are more than 16 in the last 12 years, then I stand corrected.
Sorry I am not going to do that. I am not a teacher giving free lessons. Do it yourself. You stand corrected.
Old 03-21-2003, 04:47 PM   #64
The Fly

Quote:
Yes, Saddam's main bomb scientist up until 2 years ago reported that he had been working on nuclear technology and that Saddam is within 2 years of having one. here is a first hand account that Saddam has continued to work on a nuclear weapon at least up until 2 years ago, and I assume up until now.
Any evidence, any proof from the "main bomb scientist"? Only words? Oh, you know what? Penguins are fishes. Here's the first hand account from an expert
Old 03-21-2003, 04:55 PM   #65
The Fly

Quote:

How do you hide something like that? He himself has a enormous luxury bunker underneath a palace, 600 feet down (600 feet!!!!) with 10 foot thick walls. I think that they have the ability to hide things. As they have hid tons of chem. and bio. weapons for the last 12 years.
Utter ignorance. No comments. No, one comment: you measured the thickness of the walls yourself, I hope.
And my old question: Study much physics? Know how presence of a nuclear material can be established?
Old 03-21-2003, 04:58 PM   #66
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:06 AM
The whole discussion about nuclear weapons is senseless. I think it is about Chem and Bio Weapons. As long as the CTBTO doesnīt find out about a nuclear test by Iraq, iraq doesnīt have working weapons of mass destruction. Until now, every country which posesses such weapons, has tested them.

Enriching Uranium could be done with lots of efforts, but I doubt it.

Note about the NSA from the oval office: If there are pictures about Iraqi weapon transport, why canīt there be pics of Uranium enrichment? If there are pics of weapons transports, why canīt they find out where Saddam and Osama are so we can finally send in a special operations team without killing civilians with shock and awe and bomb carpets.
Old 03-21-2003, 05:14 PM   #67
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ALEXRUS

That means that Israel has been in breach of a UNSC resolution for more than 3 decades.
Then why doesn't Russia or the UN do something about it. Oh that's right, leave it to the U.S.
Old 03-21-2003, 05:17 PM   #68
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:06 AM
Well, I bet US has also used its veto when it comes to Israel.

Guess what, no one touches Israel as long as US is backing them.
Old 03-21-2003, 05:20 PM   #69
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:06 AM
Quote:

Then why doesn't Russia or the UN do something about it. Oh that's right, leave it to the U.S.
Leave it to the U.S.? The U.S. that supports Sharons policies?

Russia to do sth about it? Do you want WW III? Everyone knows that Israel and the States are big time friends. After all, U.S. provides lots of weapons, in order to have some control in the region.

On another note: Israel got around 100 nukes.
Old 03-21-2003, 05:21 PM   #70
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

I never said that. It's your logic.
Israel 'been defying UN for decades and nothing happened.
Ok, then let me try and see if I can grasp your logic. What it seems to me is that you don't think there should be any action taken against Iraq and you do think that action should be taken against Israel. So nothing should happen to those who break 16 resolutions by if it's 18 then all bets are off?

I don't understand. You have some beef with Israel. Ok I understand. We live in different parts of the world and different countries affect our lives differently.

So again, if Russia has a problem with Israel breaking resolutions they should push something through the Security Council or do something themselves.

Obviously the U.S. and Israel are allies and it is in the U.S.'s political interest to go after Saddam. I don't think anyone argues that this war has underpinnings of politics.
Old 03-21-2003, 05:23 PM   #71
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

Then, US Presidents should go in for war
The last of them seems to be very much carried away by force as a means of resolving problems.
Again, laid at the feet of the U.S. to handle instead of another nation. Seems to be a theme here.
Old 03-21-2003, 05:27 PM   #72
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

Sorry I am not going to do that. I am not a teacher giving free lessons. Do it yourself. You stand corrected.
Other than the fact that it probably isn't true I guess is beside the point. I do appreciate that fact that you brought up Israel's breaches in the UN, because I did not know that they had such a bad track record. And definitely something i will look into for my own knowledge. You obviously don't know any of this to be fact because it would be easy enough to find on the net and at least list a few examples. But I will take your word that there are at least several infractions.
Old 03-21-2003, 05:30 PM   #73
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

Any evidence, any proof from the "main bomb scientist"? Only words? Oh, you know what? Penguins are fishes. Here's the first hand account from an expert
Any evidence or proof of the 20 resolutions you say Israel has broken? What only words that you heard from someone? interesting.

I guess the interviews of Iraqi men and women that have been tortured and had their families killed and raped in front of them aren't true either since they didn't take pictures.
Old 03-21-2003, 05:35 PM   #74
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

Utter ignorance. No comments. No, one comment: you measured the thickness of the walls yourself, I hope.
And my old question: Study much physics? Know how presence of a nuclear material can be established?
Oh, and now I'm ignorant. Yes, I measured the walls myself. Are you for real? this information comes from years of intelligence inside Iraq. I guess you don't think that Saddam has bunkers. He doesn't have WMD's either, or any missles, no guns, no pistols. He grows flowers and hands out food and money to all of his happy citizens.

And no, I don't study physics much. but since you obviously do, you can tell us and prove he has no nuclear program going on at all, in any stage. Oh I forgot, you're not a teacher, but you expect me to be.
Old 03-21-2003, 05:36 PM   #75
New Yorker

Local Time: 08:06 PM
Womanfish,
Israel in is violation of a bunch of UN resolutions. I'm not sure of the actual resolution numbers, but they were brought up in a previous thread. STING2, I'm sure would know the actual resolution numbers. They all are about giving back territories of the West Bank and Gaza. Others concern not developing settlements in the seized lands.

They were brought up in a thread about the exact meaning of Resolution 1441 and 687.