Different strokes for different folks!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stonewall

The Fly
Throughout many posts, the "L" word is unqualifyingly used to mean "Liberal".

:ohmy: In most (not all) of my circles, the "L" word means "Lesbian". Isn't there even a cable t.v. show,perhaps on Showtime, named that, "The "L" Word"?

Also, a lot about Catholicism and saints is prevalent throughout many posts. I highly regard Saint Judy -- as in Garland!

The point is to keep in mind that there are "differenet strokes -- or different vocabulary -- for different folks" -- though we still may agree on most.

Visit Judy!: www.STONEWALLvets.org/songsofStonewall-5.htm

See U-2 peform: Next Saturday night on "Saturday Night Live".

Last edited:
Cool, Stonewall! I'm a Judy Garland affectionado myself. That lady was an unbelievable talent, too bad we couldn't have her longer than we did. It's really a shame that she had so many problems in her life. Good grief, how many people can sing, act and dance?

interesting site stonewall. Being from NYC myself, I just have to remember that on this board, unless we're specifically talking about lesbians, which I'm not, the L word is liberal, which I am and damn proud of it. Stone, you should think about joining U2NYC -- the link is in my sig.

Btw, thanks for the site. The Stonewall riot was pretty interesting -- the cops came to raid the place as being a gay hangout and in the ensuing riot, the cops got barracaded IN the bar with the patrons on the outside keeping them in. If anyone visits NYC, you should go on the Village Literary Pub Crawl -- the Stonewall is down the street from the new Kettle of Fish. At its earlier location in the city, the Kettle was home to Jack Kerouac and the whole Beatnik scene.

Anyway, back to our regularly scheduled debate about the L word...

U2Kitten said:
Where I live, L means 'loser', and I am one :sigh:

Some people think I'm a loser because of my passion for politics. Yet they tend to have no passion for any subject whatsoever. Who's the loser now? :mad:

Anyway there are no losers at Interference! We :heart: you!

"L" is for "Loser"

U2Kitten said:
Where I live, "L" means 'loser', and I am one :sigh:
Hey, Kitty, U are not a "loser" -- U only voted for one (actually two). The political "L" for "loser" is Kerry. Bush is the "W".

Last edited:
Re: "L" is for "Loser"

Stonewall said:

Hey, Kitty, U are not a "loser" -- U only voted for one (actually two). The political "L" for "loser" is Kerry. Bush is the "W".

You really don't know this place at all, do you?

Verte76 said:
Cool, Stonewall! I'm a Judy Garland affectionado myself. That lady was an unbelievable talent, too bad we couldn't have her longer than we did. It's really a shame that she had so many problems in her life. Good grief, how many people can sing, act and dance?
:wink: Verte, thanx for your positive and witty reply.

Ironically, the nite of the now historic Stonewall Rebellion, many people at the club were saying "Let's toast another one to Saint Judy". That's how I got that expression. (By the way, like U, I'm Catholic, too.) U see, the great Judy Garland 's funeral was in the same town -- New York, NY -- that very day. Twenty-five years later in 1994 at "Stonewall 25", with a million people in Central Park, Judy's daughter Liza Minnelli came on stage to perform immediately after the members of the STONEWALL Rebellion Veterans' Association were tributed. In hindsight, the NYC cops of the Sixth Precinct have acknowledged that they picked the wrong day back on June 27, 1969! Hello! This past summer the Stonewall Cops and the Stonewall Vetz finally had a reunion/joint public function together -- after 35 years!

:ohmy: Sing, act and dance nowadays? Michael Jackson -- who absolutely loves "Over The Rainbow"!

See the famous 1969 Cadillac convertible "Stonewall Car": www.STONEWALLvets.org/StonewallCar.htm

Last edited:
Re: "L" is for "Loser"

Stonewall said:

Thanks but I didn't vote for Kerry.

Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
You really don't know this place at all, do you?

LOL, yeah I'm a well known non Kerry person.

(and I hope this doesn't make me a loser to some of you :uhoh: )

I really don't like or trust any politician :no: :(

Last edited:
Re: Re: "L" is for "Loser"

U2Kitten said:

Thanks but I didn't vote for Kerry.

LOL, yeah I'm a well known non Kerry person.

(and I hope this doesn't make me a loser to some of you :uhoh: )

I really don't like or trust any politician :no: :(

This is a sensible aversion if you ask me. Some politicians, like Joe Lieberman, are really fundamentally decent guys. I admit I didn't support Lieberman because I don't agree with his views, but I respect his decency. There are way too many who are just into money and power, and I can see why people wouldn't trust people who are into money and power. I did vote for Kerry, but plenty of my friends did not. Some of my lefty buddies preferred Nader.

Nader is a strange guy. He's always been a bit quixotic. I can remember my grandfather complaining about him when he was high on his kick as a consumer advocate. This was my paternal grandfather, who was born in West Virginia and passed on some years ago. He didn't trust Nader, he told me, because "he's coming in here to tell me how to run my life". I barely knew who the guy was. Really, it's not surprising that he's become so controversial.

U2Kitten said:
Where I live, L means 'loser', and I am one :sigh:

Anyone who loves U2 and kittens and cats is a winner in my book!

As for Judy Garland, did anyone see the tv movie on her life, "Me and my Shadows: The Judy Garland Story?" Judy Davis was fabulous! Her portrayal broke my heart. And Tammy Blanchard, who played the young Judy Garland was also wonderful.

Golightly Grrl said:

Anyone who loves U2 and kittens and cats is a winner in my book!

As for Judy Garland, did anyone see the tv movie on her life, "Me and my Shadows: The Judy Garland Story?" Judy Davis was fabulous! Her portrayal broke my heart. And Tammy Blanchard, who played the young Judy Garland was also wonderful.

No, I didn't. Damn! I miss some of the best shows by never watching TV. :mad: :madspit: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

I'm currently looking for "Meet Me in St. Louis" in the local video shops. I haven't found it yet but I've only looked in one store. It's gotta be somewhere out there!

There's a copy in my Suncoast, do you have a Suncoast? Also all the libraries around here carry it, if yours has one maybe you can bootleg one :reject: Oh but don't you work at a library, then I guess you've already checked that. What about a video rental?

Judy, Judi, Jude

Originally posted by Golightly Grrl
Another tribute to "Saint Judy". Yesss, Golightly Grrl, that film "MAMS" two years ago was excellent across the board and the music. It won Emmys and the other Judy (Davis) received the Best Actress award for portraying thee JUDY. :)

"L" is not necessarily for "Loser"

U-2 Kitten said:
Thanks, but I didn't vote for Kerry.

What wonderful news to hear, U-2 Kitten -- and it proves that there is more diversity to this Board than one would think. It was something that made me ass-ume that U voted for "L" Kerry. I don't recall what now but, nonetheless, U deserve my political apology and praise. Similiar strokes: I have 3 cats!!! :wink:

No "L" for "Losers" at U-2-B?

U-2 Democrat said:
There are no losers at Interference!!!! :hug:
Not even "GOP_Catholic" and his losing, lousy, ludicrous take on the ELIZABETH EDWARDS breast cancer situation vis-a-vis her husband JOHNNY being a former trial lawyer?? :(

Last edited:
Re: No "L" for "Losers" at U-2-B?

Stonewall said:

Not even "GOP_Catholic" and his losing, lousy, ludicrous take on the ELIZABETH EDWARDS breast cancer situation vis-a-vis her husband JOHNNY being a former trial lawyer?? :(

Well, that's why he's banned :uhoh:

Re: "L" is not necessarily for "Loser"

Stonewall said:

What wonderful news to hear, U-2 Kitten -- and it proves that there is more diversity to this Board than one would think. It was something that made me ass-ume that U voted for "L" Kerry. I don't recall what now but, nonetheless, U deserve my political apology and praise. Similiar strokes: I have 3 cats!!! :wink:

Thanks! Yeah, it was a runaway here, so many Kerry lovers, but I was against him the whole time and was not shy about posting it.

I'm glad you have kitties :cute: :love: I'm always happy to hear about cats who have good homes, so many need them.

Last edited:
"Meet Me in St. Louis" isn't in my library. I work in a small branch library and there's alot we don't have. Like I said I've only looked in one video store. I also haven't even checked the Central Library, they have a gazillion videos. I'm sure I'll find it.

Good luck with your search, Verte! It's a cute movie, but that little girl who buries her dolls in the yard and holds funerals for them, uh, I don't know if that's funny or creepy :slant:

Back
Top Bottom