Did Kerry cheat at the debate? - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-04-2004, 05:30 PM   #46
Refugee

Local Time: 01:43 AM

Old 10-04-2004, 05:48 PM   #47
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BostonAnne
diamond, where did you find a site called zombietime?
anne,
some friend sent it to me.

Back to the topic.
It's clear that he had a pen as he took copius notes of GW's oratory skills.

That still looks like a piece of paper in the clips though. You cannot get around that.
They could of been crib notes, cliff notes or a love letter from Mrs Ketchup.

db9

Old 10-04-2004, 05:52 PM   #48
Refugee

Local Time: 05:43 AM
I couldn't tell anything diamond. When did this part happen?

Old 10-04-2004, 05:54 PM   #49
ONE
love, blood, life

Anne,
that happened thru out the night as he was constantly writing.

but the note thing happened quickly and rather inconspicously.

db9
Old 10-04-2004, 05:57 PM   #50
Refugee

He put it in and out of his pocket all night?

Sorry, but I think this whole thing is quite silly. Nothing left to say in this thread.
Old 10-04-2004, 06:03 PM   #51
The Fly

Local Time: 09:43 AM
The only possible way Kerry could have cheated was by not destroying Bush on a number of subjects. Bush claims to value the lives of American soldiers, yet he has not attended a single funeral for a fallen American soldier, and he has not permitted the media to fairly cover the war, such as restricting the right of the media to photograph returning American coffins from Iraq. If the public was more aware of American loses in Iraq, support for the war would diminish to levels lower than they are already!

The object of a debate is to refute one’s opponent’s arguments as best as possible. Kerry did not refute many of Bush’s arguments as best he could, thus cheating the American public out of a dramatic win for the Democrat!
Old 10-04-2004, 06:10 PM   #52
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by BostonAnne

Sorry, but I think this whole thing is quite silly. Nothing left to say in this thread.
anne
i think you're right

db9
Old 10-04-2004, 06:25 PM   #53
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by dlihcraw
The only possible way Kerry could have cheated was by not destroying Bush on a number of subjects. Bush claims to value the lives of American soldiers, yet he has not attended a single funeral for a fallen American soldier, and he has not permitted the media to fairly cover the war, such as restricting the right of the media to photograph returning American coffins from Iraq. If the public was more aware of American loses in Iraq, support for the war would diminish to levels lower than they are already!

The object of a debate is to refute one’s opponent’s arguments as best as possible. Kerry did not refute many of Bush’s arguments as best he could, thus cheating the American public out of a dramatic win for the Democrat!
Most of the military supports Bush and the American public is more aware of each individual loss than they have been in ANY war in history.

Lets remember that the American public has supported wars that had loss rates 20, 30, and over 40 times the current rate in Iraq.
Old 10-04-2004, 07:03 PM   #54
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by STING2
Lets remember that the American public has supported wars that had loss rates 20, 30, and over 40 times the current rate in Iraq.
That's silly. The American public has supported slavery in the past too, but that doesn't mean that it's okay today. The American public has supported the prohibition of alcohol in the past. The American public has supported the disenfranchisement of women voters ... etc.

I'm glad that the troops aren't being killed at rates as high as past wars, but obviously what America put up with in the past might not be the same as what they'll put up with today.

And besides, half of all Americans now think that the war in Iraq was unnecessary.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6159637/site/newsweek/
Old 10-04-2004, 07:08 PM   #55
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:43 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ThatGuy

That's silly. The American public has supported slavery in the past too, but that doesn't mean that it's okay today. The American public has supported the prohibition of alcohol in the past. The American public has supported the disenfranchisement of women voters ... etc.

I'm glad that the troops aren't being killed at rates as high as past wars, but obviously what America put up with in the past might not be the same as what they'll put up with today.

And besides, half of all Americans now think that the war in Iraq was unnecessary.

Old 10-04-2004, 07:39 PM   #56
genius of compression
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Wow, that is an awfully large and clear picture, neutral. I think you're misunderstanding, though. If you use small blurry pictures it is clearly a piece of paper that Kerry's pulling out of his pocket. Make this picture smaller and blurrier so that I can see the truth, please.

neutral @ interference.com
Old 10-04-2004, 07:43 PM   #57
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:

So you think American support for World War II in the 1940s, The Korean War in the 1950s, and the Vietnam War until 1968 in the 1960s, is silly!?!?

Many of the people who lived through and or fought in those wars will be voting in this election!

The latest GALLUP poll shows that voters prefer:

Bush on Iraq!

51% for Bush 44% for Kerry

Bush on Terrorism!

56% for Bush 39% for Kerry

Bush on who is the strongest leader!

56% for Bush 37% for Kerry
Old 10-04-2004, 07:49 PM   #58
Refugee

Way to misinterpret my post and introduce irrelevent information STING!

What I said was, no matter what Americans once supported, America is free to change its mind about what it finds acceptable. The fact that America once supported wars with large numbers of dead does not mean that it will do so now. So your original point is moot (nay, silly). Was that clear enough? I typed it extra-slowly so you'd catch all of it.
Old 10-04-2004, 11:07 PM   #59
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Way to misinterpret my post and introduce irrelevent information STING!

What I said was, no matter what Americans once supported, America is free to change its mind about what it finds acceptable. The fact that America once supported wars with large numbers of dead does not mean that it will do so now. So your original point is moot (nay, silly). Was that clear enough? I typed it extra-slowly so you'd catch all of it.
I don't think history is silly and its a good indicator of how a country and culture will react to new events. Yep, anyone can change their mind about anything at anytime, but realistically, recent history indicates what the most probable response will be.

America supports the war and is ready to vote for two candidates who both claim they will continue it.

That being said, the polling data shows who they think would best handle the war in Iraq.
Old 10-05-2004, 01:21 AM   #60
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
Local Time: 10:43 AM
STING2
Do you think the american public would still support the Iraq-war if it wasn't over and over again connected to 9/11 like the Administration does it?