Did Kerry cheat at the debate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Administration did not say that Iraq was involved with 9.11, they were very careful not too. Now there may be many people who did not understand that on the simple basis that;

Osama Bin Laden = Bad Arab
Saddam Hussein = Bad Arab

Therefore

Osama Bin Laden = Saddam Hussein

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/3715396.stm

US Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld has cast doubt on whether there was ever a relationship between Saddam Hussein and al-Qaeda.

Mr Rumsfeld was asked by a New York audience about connections between Saddam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden.

"To my knowledge, I have not seen any strong, hard evidence that links the two," he said.

So is Mr Bush just bad informed or did he misslead the US citizen again in the debate with Kerry?

I did not see Bush cast the link between Saddam and Al Qaeda directly. I never assumed that the two were strongly connected - although there were certainly some connections.

Oh and a friendly tip Klaus, because I assume that you are improving your english here, the "So is Mr Bush just bad informed" would be "So is Mr Bush just poorly informed" :wave:

Thank your a_wanderer! :wink:

Here's the quote:
Mr. Bush is a man who will frequently tell you - and may even believe - that up is down, or square is round, when logic and all the available evidence say otherwise. During the debate, this was most clearly displayed when, in response to a question about the war in Iraq, Mr. Bush told the moderator, Jim Lehrer, "The enemy attacked us, Jim, and I have a solemn duty to protect the American people, to do everything I can to protect us."

Moments later Senator Kerry clarified, for the audience and the president, just who had attacked the United States. "Saddam Hussein didn't attack us," said Mr. Kerry. "Osama bin Laden attacked us. Al Qaeda attacked us."

The real world is President Bush's Achilles' heel. He can't keep his distance from it forever.

I mentioned it allready at the "Presidential Debate" thread, but seems like people prefer to talk about a Senator Kerry who might be cheating (Zero evidence again) than to speak about the content of the debate

Kerry didnt cheat, it is a moot point.

Content wise Bush continued to tow his line and Kerry introduced the "Global Test" for the use of American power. Now this Global Test is a crock - the United States must not bow to the whims of dictators and corrupt buerocrats on issues of national security. Terrorism is not purely an issue of law enforement and millitary action must be considered in some circumstances regardless of what the international community feels. This is not about Iraq this is important in protecting US interests abroad - it simply cannot be done if you crawl to the UN to grant you a permission slip every time - the amazingly fast UN response to the Dafour genocide as the US pursues a strictly multilateral path demonstates this quite clearly.

Compounding the problem was his clarification that a global test is not just global.
“But I can do a better job of protecting America’s security because the test that I was talking about was a test of legitimacy, not just in the globe, but elsewhere.”
I mean come on, what the hell is elsewhere? Is he going to ask aliens to give legitimacy to any action - I smell a big government conspiracy.

Last edited:
Ah, I just remembered a great futurama bit.

Leela: "Look, I know there are no car chases, but this is important. One of these two men will become president of the world."
Fry: "What do we care? We live in the United States."
Leela: "The United States is part of the world."
Fry: "Wow, I have been gone a long time."

:wink:

A_Wanderer said:
Kerry didnt cheat, it is a moot point.

Compounding the problem was his clarification that a global test is not just global.

I mean come on, what the hell is elsewhere? Is he going to ask aliens to give legitimacy to any action - I smell a big government conspiracy.

He is obviously going to ask the Lord.

He will pray for guidance.

A_Wanderer said:
Ah, I just remembered a great futurama bit.

Leela: "Look, I know there are no car chases, but this is important. One of these two men will become president of the world."
Fry: "What do we care? We live in the United States."
Leela: "The United States is part of the world."
Fry: "Wow, I have been gone a long time."

:wink:

:laugh: yes, that's one of my favourite futurama snippets ;)

These 2 presidents (twins) are fun too ;)

deep:
Do you think he'd tell us if the lord says "You screwed it up, let someone else do this job"? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom