Dick Morris Vs. Hilary Clinton

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

80sU2isBest

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Open Letter to Hillary
Dick Morris
Friday June 13, 2003

Dear Hillary,
In your new book, "Living History," you correctly note that when you asked me to help you and Bill avert defeat in the congressional election of 1994 I was reluctant to do so. But then you assert, incorrectly, that my reluctance stemmed from difficulties in working with your staff. You even misquote me as telling you: "I don't like the way I was treated, Hillary. People were so mean to me."

As you know, I never said anything of the sort. I had, in fact, no experience in dealing with either your staff or the President's at that point, and had not yet met Leon Panetta or George Stephanopoulos. My prior dealing with Harold Ickes had been 25 years earlier.

The real reason I was reluctant was that Bill Clinton had tried to beat me up in May of 1990 as he, you, Gloria Cabe and I were together in the Arkansas governor's mansion.

At the time, Bill was worried that he was falling behind his democratic primary opponent and verbally assaulted me for not giving his campaign the time he felt it deserved. Offended by his harsh tone, I turned and stalked out of the room.

Bill ran after me, tackled me, threw me to the floor of the kitchen in the mansion and cocked his fist back to punch me. You grabbed his arm and, yelling at him to stop and get control of himself, pulled him off me. Then you walked me around the grounds of the mansion in the minutes after, with your arm around me, saying, "He only does that to people he loves."

I continued to work for Bill since I felt a responsibility to do so until election day in 1990. but our relationship was never close and never the same. After the 1990 campaign we parted ways as a direct result of the altercation.

When the story threatened to surface during the 1992 campaign, you told me to "say it never happened."

That, and not the invented conversation in your memoir, was the reason that I was reluctant to work for Bill again.

Yours,

Dick Morris

That's the trouble with autobiographies. They are told with rose-tinted lenses. As I am guessing that this topic is meant as a partisan swipe against the Clintons, I should remind that most all autobiographies have this problem.

Melon

Then again, everyone has their own agenda, and everyone is looking through their own individually tinted spectacles.

Ant.

martha said:
Bill's a big guy. How big is this Morris character? Could he have taken Bill?

:lol:

If I recall, Mr. Morris has a fondness for the whip if you know what I mean....:sexywink:

Another one of my "going forward" policies: Let's all just go ahead and admit that any former Clinton insider who has any ill will towards the Clintons is nothing more than an opportunist. Than makes it much easier.

~U2Alabama

I love your recent use of biting sarcasm, Bama!

And we should also remember that while "any former Clinton insider who has any ill will towards the Clintons is nothing more than an opportunist", every negative rumor against G.W. Bush has to be true.

That's the trouble with autobiographies. They are told with rose-tinted lenses.

I love rose-tinted lenses. We should all look at life through rose-tinted glasses.

I wonder what Bono's perspective is like always peering through violet-tinted glasses?

melon said:
That's the trouble with autobiographies. They are told with rose-tinted lenses. As I am guessing that this topic is meant as a partisan swipe against the Clintons, I should remind that most all autobiographies have this problem.

Melon

autobiography??:eyebrow:

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/tmq/030610.html

found this at espn by Greg Easterbrook. I believe he also writes for New Republic as well. it's a weekly column about random, mostly sports, stuff. He has an interesting take about the "author"....

It Takes a Village to Write a Hillary Book: Last year, TMQ pointed out that Hillary Rodham Clinton was lying when she claimed to be the author of "It Takes a Village," which was actually penned by a ghostwriter named Barbara Feinman Todd. Specifically, TMQ noted last year, "Hillary's official U.S. Senate biography states, 'In 1997, she wrote the best-selling book It Takes a Village.' This is an outright lie. Wouldn't it be a nice gesture if official Senate biographies did not contain lies?" Clinton's current Senate biography repeats the lie that she wrote "It Takes a Village," while going on to assert that Clinton "also wrote 'Dear Socks, Dear Buddy: Kids Letters to the First Pets.' Her latest book, 'An Invitation to the White House' was an immediate best seller ? in addition, the Senator has authored numerous magazine and journal articles as well as op-ed pieces." All these statements are outright lies, as the other Hillary books were also ghosted, while staff members penned the "numerous magazine and journal articles" for which Clinton now claims authorship.

Comes now "Living History," another book "by" Hillary Clinton. Set aside whether this much-hyped marketing vehicle contains so much as a single sentence that rises above the level of statements of the obvious regarding events that have already been reported in excruciating detail. Once again, Clinton is presented as the author of what is actually a ghosted book. The world learned that Barbara Feinman Todd wrote "It Takes a Village," because the publisher inadvertently issued a press release announcing the true author; Hillary threw an ego fit and demanded that all reference to Todd's existence be removed from the book and its press materials, which was presented to the world as if it were the product solely of Clinton's late-night labors. This time around, the pages of "Living History" thank three people -- the much-admired former White House speech writer Alison Muscatine, veteran ghost Maryanne Vollers and researcher Ruby Shamir -- who are assumed to be the actual authors. But the cover and the frontispiece still boldly state, "by Hillary Rodham Clinton."

"Living History" is a 562-page book. A work of that length would take an average writer perhaps four years to produce; a highly proficient writer might finish in two years, if working on nothing else. Clinton signed the contract to "write" the book about two years ago. About the same time, she also was sworn in as a member of the United States Senate. Clinton took an oath to protect the Constitution and to serve the citizens of New York. So in the last two years Clinton has either been neglecting her duties as a United States Senator -- that is, violating her oath -- in order to be the true author of "Living History," or she is claiming authorship of someone else's work. Considering that Clinton has made almost daily public appearances during the period when she was supposedly feverishly "writing" her book, let's make a wild guess which explanation pertains.

If you didn't write something, and claimed to the world that you did, what you would be doing is lying. Wouldn't it be a nice gesture if United States senators did not lie?

Perhaps you're thinking, "But all people who reach the limelight lie about being authors." No, they don't. Consider that the previous book project of Maryanne Vollers, one of Hillary's ghosts, was about Jerri Nielsen, the doctor who had to be airlifted out of Antarctica. How was that book presented? As "Ice Bound: A Doctor's Incredible Battle for Survival at the South Pole" by Jerri Nielsen with Maryanne Vollers. No lying about the true author.

TMQ wonders how Sen. Clinton found the time to write a 562-page book.
Consider that John McCain's autobiographical work, "Faith of My Fathers," proclaims on its cover "by Mark Salter, with John McCain." The true author's name is there for everyone to see, and this neither detracts from sales ("Faith of My Fathers" was a commercial success) nor causes anyone to think any less of McCain. Famous people who care about their honor, like McCain, freely acknowledge using ghostwriters -- this is called "honesty." Famous people with serious ego problems, or who don't care about their honor, lie about being authors.

Now suppose you were a college student, hired someone to write a thesis paper for you, then submitted the work as your own. Suppose, when caught, rather than confess, you indignantly insisted you were the true author. What would happen to you is that you'd be expelled. For you to lie about having written something would be considered inexcusable.

As for Hillary's presidential aspirations, voters have on occasion elected presidents who turned out to be liars, such as Richard Nixon, and lived to regret it. If voters choose a president whom they know in advance to be liar, woe onto the voters. And what is it that the jacket of Hillary Clinton's new book proclaims to all the world?

Her Exact Words Were, "Tonight I Am Having Dinner With You Exclusively": One reason the establishment press won't point out Hillary's lies about authorship is that it is engaged in a symbiotic relationship with her. Sunday, the senator gave a prime-time "exclusive" interview about her book to Barbara Walters of ABC; Monday, the cover of Time magazine was an interview with Hillary; Tuesday, she gives a prime-time "exclusive" interview to Larry King of CNN; "exclusives" with NBC, CBS, Fox, UPN, MSNBC, CNBC, ESPN/2 and the Food Channel can't be far behind. Any news organizations that noted Clinton is lying when she claims to be an author would be frozen out of this game.

And didn't "exclusive" once mean, "to this news organization only?" Now "exclusive" seems to mean, "I am only talking to this news organization at this particular moment." By such a definition, virtually all interviews are exclusives. Hmm, when TMQ began dating the Official Wife of TMQ, she assured me she was seeing me "exclusively."

The Clerk Will Now Call the Roll on the Hillary Clinton Deception About Authorship Act of 2003: President Bush's hydrogen-research funding request, made during his State of the Union address, emerged from Congress as the "George E. Brown and Robert S. Walker Hydrogen Future Act of 2003," amending the "Spark M. Matsunaga Hydrogen Research Act of 1990."

Now members of Congress are even naming elements after themselves! And Tuesday Morning Quarterback loves that spurious use of middle initials for members of Congress -- Senator Spark M. Matsunaga, as if to say, "Oh, you mean that Spark Matsunaga."

I love rose colored lenses. I try to put them on often as I can.
Dick Morris is about a credible as a f******.......well I can't think of anyone. Hillary doesn't have to actually run, she is going to be diss'ed (is that still a usable word these days?) right into the White House. These nit wits sill don't have a clue that the "people do the voting, for what that was worth in the last election. Anyway, things are going to be really interesting over the next few years.

us3 said:
autobiography??:eyebrow:

See? This is why I mentioned "lenses." I trust neither Hillary's count as "accurate," but nor do I trust this obviously slanted article.

As for whether this is an autobiography or not should not be for debate. That's what it was intended to be. Whether it is accurate as an autobiography? Well, that's a worthy question to pose.

Melon

While I do find the notion of Clinton and Dick Morris in a fistfight intriguing :D, I think Morris is slightly off his rocker, and he does have his own book out that he's promoting. I also think he enjoys being a thorn in Hillary's side.

It's possible he could be telling the truth though, and that "he only does that to people he loves" comment, if she did say that, is disturbing :eyebrow:

sue4u2 said:
Hillary doesn't have to actually run, she is going to be diss'ed (is that still a usable word these days?) right into the White House. These nit wits sill don't have a clue that the "people do the voting, for what that was worth in the last election. Anyway, things are going to be really interesting over the next few years.
Do you really believe this? Do you think Hillary will ever become president? Do you really think that even 1/3 of Americans will vote for her?

Bad Boys, Bad Boys what you gonna do!!!
Frizz you and Martha just kill me.:bow:
Can she get 1/3 of the vote :laugh: You bet your sweet ass she can. That is, in fact, what can be expected. Unless someone comes out with something better than the fact she stayed with a cheating husband (and God knows they are trying) she's a shoo in. But before it's over she will have had sex with dead bodies. They are coming at her with guns a blazing. with the exception of Wesley Clark, who I am looking very closely at.:hmm:

Last edited:
WHAT??!!! I thought this was a joke poking fun of Dick Morris' juvenile attacks on the Clintons. Is this letter for real? It IS a joke, isn't it?

Knowing that Ouizy is a pretty reliable and responsible FYM regular, I'm going to do him the courtesy of deleting his original post and posts related to it. Hope no one minds.

melon said:

See? This is why I mentioned "lenses." I trust neither Hillary's count as "accurate," but nor do I trust this obviously slanted article.

As for whether this is an autobiography or not should not be for debate. That's what it was intended to be. Whether it is accurate as an autobiography? Well, that's a worthy question to pose.

Melon

Hmmm...
Well, then the fact that the "author" is unable to give appropriate
credit(s) to the writers' participation on this project, as well as past works, is a suitable starting point to question the accuracy of the "autobiography".

No?

Back
Top Bottom