Diane Sawyer's interview with Bush

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
... Ansar Islam, which is an al Qaeda affiliate ? I would call him al Qaeda ? was active in Iraq before the war ? hence, a terrorist tie with Iraq...

This one's a bit too easy for my liking. We all know people can walk in and out of Iraq, a presence doesn't necessarily mean a "tie".

Also the part about the WMD intelligence is almost funny. hadn't it been so sad.

You are right. Saddam did not have official diplomatic relations with al Qaeda. They were operating, and possibly training, in Iraq illegally.

saw it. first, he got the bible verse about the speck in your eye wrong. Spike? Little bigger than a speck and makes the whole thing useless.

second, i've heard him say many times that he inherited a recession. He did not inherit a recession. The recession began in March 2001, AFTER he became president.

sharky,

The Economy started heading towards recession in September/October 2000, before the election. GDP rate of growth continued to decline in the 6 months leading up to March 2001, when GDP growth finally became negative.

It is accurate for the President who took office on January 20, 2001 to say he inherited the recession. The 40 days he spent in office before the technical start of the recession would have no effect either way, to short a time period. Clintons last year or two are much more responsible for the economy of March 2001.

STING2 said:

It is accurate for the President who took office on January 20, 2001 to say he inherited the recession. The 40 days he spent in office before the technical start of the recession would have no effect either way, to short a time period. Clintons last year or two are much more responsible for the economy of March 2001.

The economy can shift quicker than the wind. In the past year we've seen spike's in the economy come with the announcements of major fighting in Iraq being over, even false rumors of Bin Laden, to the latest capture of Saddam. So it's not so unbelievable to think that the debacle in Florida and Bush winning the election may have started a ripple in the economy. Now I'm not saying that it did. But the timing is interesting.

But I'll now make my comments on the interview.

I thought it sucked. Diane Sawyer was so obvious in her bias and was baiting Bush as hard as she could. It was terrible. As I watched it I sat there and thought about how the conservatives in FYM tomorrow were going to complain about the "liberal media". I was surprised not to see anything.

She was obvious. He was obvious. They both got frustrated at times. I learned nothing new. The only thing noteworthy is that Bush is still hanging onto certain things that at this point I would have thought he'd back off a little. Things that may bite him in the ass, but we'll see.

Back
Top Bottom