Diana or Camilla

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BonosSaint

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Assuming sometimes it is hard to have both, who makes a better marriage partner--someone hot or someone steadfast?

Why do people care? It isn't as if Prince Charles is a supermodel himself. He's a rather plain looking royal, but do we ever talk about how ugly Prince Charles is? Nope. The burden is always on the woman. Personally? I liked Diana, but Charles and her looked like a complete mismatch. They should have married different people.

I wish Charles and Camilla the absolute best, and they should have married three decades ago. But that's right. Royals are still put to antiquated rules about who they can and can't marry. The difference between a "commoner" and a "royal" is the label; that's it.

Melon

Last edited:
camilla is still a horse, melon. :sexywink:

royalty blood, is there anything more pure?!?!!? to be associated in any way with the divine romanovs must be a most extatic feeling!!

Zoomerang96 said:
royalty blood, is there anything more pure?!?!!? to be associated in any way with the divine romanovs must be a most extatic feeling!!

I'm distantly and indirectly related to the Romanovs. :sexywink:

Melon

Good grief melon, you're distantly related to the Romanovs? Do you mind if I ask what your ethnic background is? I'm just curious, it's the historian in me. :wink:

melon said:
Why do people care? It isn't as if Prince Charles is a supermodel himself. He's a rather plain looking royal, but do we ever talk about how ugly Prince Charles is? Nope. The burden is always on the woman. Personally? I liked Diana, but Charles and her looked like a complete mismatch. They should have married different people.

I wish Charles and Camilla the absolute best, and they should have married three decades ago. But that's right. Royals are still put to antiquated rules about who they can and can't marry. The difference between a "commoner" and a "royal" is the label; that's it.

Melon

Agreed. I think it's pitiful that women are judged primarily on how they look. Horrible to think that only beautiful people can find happiness or love, yet that seems so often to be the opinion. Maybe in Chuck's eyes Camilla is gorgeous and in Camilla's eyes Chuck is the most handsome creature to ever live. Certainly Diana didn't make Charles happy and Charles didn't make Diana happy.

I despise the concept of monarchy in any form or venue and therefore have no opinion in this matter; why do we give them so much attention? It's such a joke. That is my opinion.

~U2Alabama

I wish people would let them be. Clearly she is his partner for life and you really can't tell the heart what to do, so why insist on something that they can't really help?

I wish them the best.

On a serious note, I find it is rather inappropriate to ever declare or opinionate on the private relationships of any other 2 individuals - thus I trust Charlie has made the choice he wishes for and it ends there.

What is utterly appalling, as others have mentioned, is how he is being treated by his nutbag family.

charles will never be my king.

i trust william will follow in the footsteps of his most-successful relative, nicholas II.

To me a member of a royal family ranks somewhere below a reality tv star. I don't understand it, it all seems like something that should have been done away with a long, long time ago. Take away tourism and gossip magazine sales, and what have you got?

I start with the premise that I despise the idea of the monarchy, hate the Royals (most of them, anyway) and really genuinely don't care about who they marry, sleep with, or whose toes they choose to suck.

Not much of a premise, I know, but I should continue; Prince Charles is a hideous waste of space with the most Priggish facade any fake could ever hope to front. He's cold, dull, and really not all that interesting. The fact that he has chosen to marry a completely foul whore doesn't surprise me, he merely reinforces the words of Diana when she said 'they were three of us in that marriage'. (By the way, I liked Diana, she was the only thing worthwhile in that godawful family).

Now, don't get me wrong, I don't hate Camilla because she is ugly (which she is); I hate her because she's a conniving, social-climbing, bed-hopping, two-timing harlot with absolutely no principles. Therefore, I can't think of a more well-suited addition to the Royal family.

Ant.

P.S. - He is ugly. She is ugly. The match is simplicity itself.

Zoomerang96 said:
alright melon, out with it!

how are you related?!

Most (in)directly related to the House of Bourbon through Louis XVI and Henry IV, and you can connect the dots through the rest of the royal families of Europe, including the Romanovs.

I did emphasize "indirect," didn't I? :angry:

Melon

Camilla, the "Royal Tampon" herself, as Queen?? (I hope people will remember where I got this disgusting adjective. You thank the Future King for that.)

I just thank God that I wasn't born into this family. They still have all of this s:censored:t like not being allowed to marry Catholics and such. Good Lord.

I really think it's sad for everyone that these 2 were not allowed to marry years ago. If they had been, Diana would not have suffered all those years, and likely would still be alive, Camilla's husband would not have had a rough divorce, and Charles and Camilla would have had many happy years together. No one would be worse off except William and Harry, who would not have existed.

But as it stands now, I do not think she should be queen, or that he should rule as King with her as his wife under any title. This is disrespectful to Diana in every way. If they had married years ago I'd be on their side, not now. When the Queen passes, the throne should go to William.

Last edited:
I'm related to Anne Boleyn! Anywho, I would say Diana, by a long shot. She was beautiful inside and out. She used her fame and fortune to change the world and was sincere about it. She also had one of the coolest smiles ever. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom