Diana or Camilla

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ah. fair enough.

there are some people -- some Buddhists i know leap to mind -- who find power and strength in celibacy.

i've always found it a curious notion -- but then i remember when i was swimming in college, we had something known as The Ban.

for 6 weeks before conference championships, we were forbidden from drinking, smoking (which was redundant, because no serious swimmer coudl smoke), drugs of any kind, and any kind of sexual activity including masturbation (rather difficult for boys between the ages of 18-22).

it was hard, and i don't know if the results were any different, but we did win conference championships all 4 years.

so who knows?

:shrug:

I guess I can understand the theory behind such celibacy (in the religious context), not so sure in the sport context.

I don't plan on becoming a Buddhist monk any time soon :wink:

me neither.

as for the sports ... i suppose some of it was purely psychological, but you do get a bunch of pent up energy if you go without a release for a while.

I found humour in a British tabloid with a headline that read "Boring old gits to wed". Yeah, that's pretty much it. Who cares about the royals? Really, does anyone actually care? I guess so, because otherwise a lot of trashy magazines and rags would be out of business ...

FatherandSon.gif

Oh boy, that's harsh lol

I was wondering if they'd have monogrammed tampons as their wedding favors :wink:

Sure Camilla is no raving beauty, but neither is Charles

I have something of an interest in European royalty as a whole because I'm an historian and we have all of these completely useless, ridiculous interests. We're crazy like that, I mean, hell, what can you do with a history degree? All of my school friends are now working in libraries and clinics, only one is teaching. I have some books about some of the more important British monarchs and even a couple about the present ones, as well as a terrific book about tiaras my mother brought me in 2002. She went to London with my sister when the Queen was celebrating her Golden Jubilee, and I really do love this particular book.

Camilla's an older British woman. I don't think she looks half bad for her age.

Would we all feel better if Charles pulled a Donald Trump and plucked a supermodel 30 years younger than him? At least with Camilla, you can reasonably believe that Charles actually loves her and isn't with her for superficial reasons.

Melon

Back
Top Bottom