Destiny. Is it real? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Old 03-15-2005, 12:00 PM   #1
War Child
Local Time: 05:35 AM
Destiny. Is it real?

I hope I can get people's opinion on this

I have been thinking. Does destiny really exist? I hope it does. I want to believe that there is this path for me. Something inevitable, that I can't run from.

How about Love. Is there just one person out there for you? Is it true that when you meet this person you'll just know that he is the one for you? I heard people talking about their lovers and that they just knew( like Bono and his wife do). But I'm not sure. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Old 03-15-2005, 12:15 PM   #2
War Child
Local Time: 05:35 AM
I don't mean to sound like a total bore or something...I haven't looked if someone already started a thread like this. I was just wondering...

Old 03-15-2005, 12:34 PM   #3
love, blood, life
Local Time: 01:35 PM
No such thing as destiny, we make our own fates.
Old 03-15-2005, 12:45 PM   #4
War Child
Local Time: 09:35 PM
I don't believe there is only one person for anyone.

And I don't believe there is only one path, one that is inevitable. We have free will.

But I do believe certain paths may keep calling us.

Otherwise I don't think we're trains where you have only one set of tracks and if you vere from them then your life is heading for a crash. I think we're more like car chasis'. We are designed with an intent and all designed differently but the body placed on the chasis, or the use of the vehicle, or the direction of where it's going is up to you. But the type of chasis may lead you certain ways. You can't exactly build an off road vehicle and tour the dessert on a mini cooper chasis.

Looking back that may be a wierd analogy, I'm not sure if that will make sense to all of you.
Old 03-15-2005, 12:47 PM   #5
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 04:35 AM
When I look at my parents I see true love. They can't bear to be apart and it's obvious they live for each other. However, I don't believe there is only one person for you. I think there are only a few people who you can have a succesful marriage/ relationship with and there has to be that initial spark but I think any sort of longterm relationship requires lots of work, it isn't just down to true love.

I quite hope destiny doesn't exist, if you knew your life wasn't destined to be properous you'd be trying to change it. I truely believe life is what you make it. Most succcessful people didn't get where they are today by being bone idle and leaving it to destiny, they wanted something and they fought to get it. I also think you are predisposed to certain things happening in your life, you may not be able to control getting a hereditary illness or something and you also have no control about where you grow up or who your family are.

I think we all have our paths to choose in life and there's nothing wrong in aiming high. I think it's better to have a more optimistic outlook that you can do something great with your life instead of thinking you can't help the situation you're in and everything is predetermined.
Old 03-15-2005, 01:00 PM   #6
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 11:35 PM
I do think some things are fate/destiny. Some things happen in life that appear to be random and illogical, but are they really?

As for one person, I don't think so. I think that's an idealized romantic notion. That's not to say I'm in favor of giving up on commitment.
Old 03-15-2005, 01:04 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Destiny is whatever you make it.
Old 03-15-2005, 01:21 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
"I don't believe in curses. I believe you make your own destination."

-- Manny Ramirez
Old 03-15-2005, 05:11 PM   #9
Local Time: 03:35 AM

Depends on how you look at it the total and last outcome of life as we know it.......say, final destiny.......or just a course of events which in that instance can be changed.......

from The Lord of the Rings The Two Towers: "even the smallest person can change the course of the future"..................

or destiny.

It's whatever "you" want it to be.

PS: but try not to factor in the predictable....that's a different story all together.