Describe your higher power...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BVS

Blue Crack Supplier
NO NAMES!!!

If you believe in a higher power and it were to come to you in human form today what would they be like?

I've always seen the one I believe in as being a very charasmatic funny guy. Humble and gentle yet very straight forward. Constantly questioning and fighting the system with his honesty, but let all sides speak. Loving, compassionate, and empathetic. He'd be the guy who's the life of the party, not because he demanded the spotlight but because you're just drawn to his quiet charisma and wit.

So what about you?

:lol: I think you just described bono :p

Uh, except the humble thing....

Im going to have to think about this one
But off the top of my head, mine would be whatever the person he/she is with needs them to be
But overall, loving, passionate, and self sacrificing

Mine would play the guitar and smoke pot. :) And maybe paint or sculpt. Essentially a gentle, artistic soul.

And I realise I'll probably get bitched at for that comment. :rolleyes: But it's true. That's the type of person that would appeal to me...and that's what I think a higher power would be.

An all pervasive energy source, where everything is merely a manifestation of this "Power," and exists beyond any concept of human interpretation.

Melon

shart1780 said:
Oh Indra, I always thought you were a hippie, but this just confirms it.

Well, of course. :)

A couple of years ago I ran into someone I went to high school with. We hadn't seen each other since graduating 23 years before. So we were chatting when she suddenly stopped talking and looked at me and said, "You always were flaky." :shrug: :D

I think God is in the form of an animal, maybe a dog or cat, and he wants to see how kind we really are, how we treat the animals.

Long haired, blue jeaned, scuffed boots. Dry wit, perceptive, creative, emotionally bare and brutally honest. Has no regrets about yesterday, no anticipations about tomorrow, lives fully in the present. Knows the value of silence. Confident, fearless. Would push me, challenge me, never let me be less than completely honest with myself, help me find my voice, make me never settle for less than what I want, help me make peace with all the grays in the world.

And could score some really good hashish. In his spare time, would probably hang out with Indra's higher power.

My higher power would be there for me at all times. He'd strengthen me. He'd give me hope. He'd forgive me for any wrong I do against him.

But most importantly, his love for me would be so intense and complete that he'd be willing to take my place if I were to be executed.

u2bonogirl said:
:lol: I think you just described bono :p

Uh, except the humble thing....

Yeah I think Bono's one that demands the spotlight, but other than that maybe you're right.

Bono's been accused of trying to be Jesus, maybe God would be accused to trying to Bono.:wink:

BonosSaint said:
And could score some really good hashish. In his spare time, would probably hang out with Indra's higher power.

:yes:

The Stoner Gods -- sounds like a cool band name. :)

melon said:
An all pervasive energy source, where everything is merely a manifestation of this "Power," and exists beyond any concept of human interpretation.

Melon

edge02.jpg

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom