Derivation of Morality - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-31-2006, 11:56 PM   #31
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,684
Local Time: 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest


I say that we all sin; he said that Christians "constantly drop the ball to extreme detriment of the message". There is a world of difference. I never said that anyone "constantly sins".
That's not what I was responding to...
__________________

__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 11-01-2006, 12:14 PM   #32
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The American Resistance
Posts: 4,754
Local Time: 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
AGAIN:



Who do you know who actually of sound mind chooses amorality?
I don't mind being called wrong. Maybe I am. But that's not enough, I want you, YOU, BVS, to tell me WHY I'm wrong.

I want to challenge you, push you, to express yourself in more profound ways than 1 line asides.

Take your time, ponder the question, do some research. But I'd like YOUR definition of amorality, how it differs from immorality if at all, and how you believe morality manifests itself in the affairs of mankind. What is the origin of morality?

Not a thesis but at least 20 lines.

And paste at least 2 quotes from different philosophers or authors that support or expound upon your views.

And I will respond in kind. C'mon, you can do it.
__________________

__________________
INDY500 is offline  
Old 11-01-2006, 12:18 PM   #33
ONE
love, blood, life
 
A_Wanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Wild West
Posts: 12,518
Local Time: 01:19 PM
Amorality is behaving without consideration wheras immorality is knowingly doing the wrong thing.
__________________
A_Wanderer is offline  
Old 11-01-2006, 01:29 PM   #34
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,684
Local Time: 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by INDY500


I don't mind being called wrong. Maybe I am. But that's not enough, I want you, YOU, BVS, to tell me WHY I'm wrong.

I want to challenge you, push you, to express yourself in more profound ways than 1 line asides.

Take your time, ponder the question, do some research. But I'd like YOUR definition of amorality, how it differs from immorality if at all, and how you believe morality manifests itself in the affairs of mankind. What is the origin of morality?

Not a thesis but at least 20 lines.

And paste at least 2 quotes from different philosophers or authors that support or expound upon your views.

And I will respond in kind. C'mon, you can do it.
One of the first rules of debate is that when you make a statement, you have to be able to back it up. The burden of proof is with you. I guess you've forgotten this, and you've resorted to condescending tones and smart ass posts. It's a shame, for as much as I disagreed with you I use to respect your posts.
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 11-01-2006, 02:10 PM   #35
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The American Resistance
Posts: 4,754
Local Time: 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar


One of the first rules of debate is that when you make a statement, you have to be able to back it up. The burden of proof is with you. I guess you've forgotten this, and you've resorted to condescending tones and smart ass posts. It's a shame, for as much as I disagreed with you I use to respect your posts.
So make a statement.

I'm not being being a smartass, I want to hear what YOU think.
__________________
INDY500 is offline  
Old 11-01-2006, 02:27 PM   #36
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,684
Local Time: 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by INDY500


So make a statement.

I'm not being being a smartass, I want to hear what YOU think.
INDY, you made a statement. I asked you for an example, for I've never seen anyone actually choose amorality. So I'm not sure what kind of statement you want me to make.

I can say, I think you're wrong, but I can't really elaborate for I have no idea where you are coming from because you haven't given me any example.

So once again we're back to the rules of debate and discussion.
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 11-01-2006, 02:51 PM   #37
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The American Resistance
Posts: 4,754
Local Time: 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar


INDY, you made a statement. I asked you for an example, for I've never seen anyone actually choose amorality. So I'm not sure what kind of statement you want me to make.

I can say, I think you're wrong, but I can't really elaborate for I have no idea where you are coming from because you haven't given me any example.

So once again we're back to the rules of debate and discussion.
Start with this.
Quote:
Take your time, ponder the question, do some research. But I'd like YOUR definition of amorality, how it differs from immorality if at all, and how you believe morality manifests itself in the affairs of mankind. What is the origin of morality?
Why do I have to prove my premise, either you disprove it or it stands. Should be easy, right?
__________________
INDY500 is offline  
Old 11-01-2006, 03:07 PM   #38
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,237
Local Time: 09:19 PM
So if I say that God looks exactly like Michael Moore, then the premise stands because you can't actually disprove it?
__________________
Diemen is offline  
Old 11-01-2006, 03:15 PM   #39
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
AEON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,052
Local Time: 08:19 PM
nm
__________________
AEON is offline  
Old 11-01-2006, 03:29 PM   #40
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
80sU2isBest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 4,970
Local Time: 10:19 PM
Hey Aeon, can you contact me as soon as possible?
Thanks

mb1967guard-u2@yahoo.com
__________________
80sU2isBest is offline  
Old 11-01-2006, 03:43 PM   #41
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,684
Local Time: 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by INDY500


Start with this.


Why do I have to prove my premise, either you disprove it or it stands. Should be easy, right?
If you can't back it up, then say so. But right now you are approaching this like a child.

I'm done. As Diemen pointed out to you, your "logic" makes no sense.
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 11-01-2006, 04:32 PM   #42
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The American Resistance
Posts: 4,754
Local Time: 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar


If you can't back it up, then say so. But right now you are approaching this like a child.

I'm done. As Diemen pointed out to you, your "logic" makes no sense.
Nonsensical questions are nothing but that, nonsense.

BVS, if you disagree with me fine. Please tell me WHY, because I can't answer your question unless I know how YOU define amoral.
__________________
INDY500 is offline  
Old 11-01-2006, 05:04 PM   #43
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,684
Local Time: 09:19 PM
I honestly don't know why you are having such a hard time with this.

"I can say, I think you're wrong, but I can't really elaborate for I have no idea where you are coming from because you haven't given me any example."

The burden is on you. I'm not going to go round and round anymore, if you can't back it up then you can't back it up. I'm not going to play this childish game, I'm out.
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 11-01-2006, 07:08 PM   #44
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,237
Local Time: 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by INDY500


Nonsensical questions are nothing but that, nonsense.
How is my statement any more nonsensical than yours? If this logic:

Quote:
Why do I have to prove my premise, either you disprove it or it stands.
applies to your statement, then it applies to mine.
__________________
Diemen is offline  
Old 11-02-2006, 01:52 AM   #45
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The American Resistance
Posts: 4,754
Local Time: 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
I honestly don't know why you are having such a hard time with this.

"I can say, I think you're wrong, but I can't really elaborate for I have no idea where you are coming from because you haven't given me any example."

The burden is on you. I'm not going to go round and round anymore, if you can't back it up then you can't back it up. I'm not going to play this childish game, I'm out.
Quote:
What's the point of discussing anything if not to elucidate other opinions and improve your arguments? Debate makes us think and thinking is good---A__Wanderer pg 1 of this thread
__________________

__________________
INDY500 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com