Depotism

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Heh...Keynesian capitalism. Needless to say, it had a slow death from the early 1970s up to the 1980s.

Some of it, however, does make us think. I think about the rise of right-wing hate groups, actually. If you dig deeper beyond their vitriolic surface, you have many disgrunted people who complain about the loss of good jobs in this nation. Of course, who they blame for the loss are anywhere from blacks to Jews to immigrants to globalism--attributes they, inevitably, link to the Democratic Party.

I'm primarily concerned with the extreme right, however, because they are the ones who, especially since 9/11, are interested in "taking back America." That, of course, means trashing "multiculturalism" and turning America into some white Christian theocracy, although they, at the same time, applaud democracy. Hence, if they get their way someday, America will likely turn into Iran.

Melon

melon said:
I'm primarily concerned with the extreme right, however, because they are the ones who, especially since 9/11, are interested in "taking back America." That, of course, means trashing "multiculturalism" and turning America into some white Christian theocracy, although they, at the same time, applaud democracy. Hence, if they get their way someday, America will likely turn into Iran.

Melon

I'm concerned about this too.

If you connect to that link you get a short film.

"I'm primarily concerned with the extreme right, however, because they are the ones who, especially since 9/11, are interested in "taking back America." That, of course, means trashing "multiculturalism" and turning America into some white Christian theocracy, although they, at the same time, applaud democracy. Hence, if they get their way someday, America will likely turn into Iran.

Melon"

Absolutely. I also thought the media issues - ie limited ownership was interesting.

Ft. Worth Frog said:
Methnks Melon is a bit paranoid.

Considering the Republican National Convention has turned into a gathering of religious fanatics, perhaps you can understand why I'm concerned about their intentions.

Melon

Back
Top Bottom