"Democrats will keep losing" - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-15-2005, 06:39 PM   #16
War Child
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: OC
Posts: 711
Local Time: 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by timothius


Amen. If the Democrats actually started talking passionatly about where they REALLY are at this point, which is center-left on most issues, then they are going to start winning some election.

The reason why Bush was re-elected and still has a popularity level around 50% after his and his admin's incompetincies is two-fold. First, deception by the rightwing echo-chamber and second, gross incompetince on the Democrats part, in my opinion these seem to be closely related.

If the Democrats start passionatly pointing out flaws in the Bush admin policy and offering viable alternatives... then they may start making progress.
Amen again.

A down economy, an unpopular war, and the dems can't take it ?

They need to better define who they are and what they stand for. Like it or not, and I mostly don't, the GOP took strong stances, no doubt where they stood on almost anything. The dems were scared to mention G*D as if it was a 4-letter word, whereas their message is actually closer to Christ's than that of the GOP. I don't recall supply-side economics Jesus mentioning gay marriage and going ot war based on a web of lies and deceit, but somehow the dems allowed the GOP to turn those into "Christian" values.
__________________

__________________
cardosino is offline  
Old 06-15-2005, 06:40 PM   #17
War Child
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: OC
Posts: 711
Local Time: 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by jay canseco
Some Muslim leaders are criticized for failing to denounce the actions of the extremists that claim to be within their religion.

I have seen very few Christian leaders publicly denounce the extremists that claim to be within the Christian religion.

Is this a failure of the mainstream media across the board, a failure of my prejudiced attention, or a failure of religious leaders?
Many do. Not newsworthy.

Here's a good start

http://sojo.net/
__________________

__________________
cardosino is offline  
Old 06-15-2005, 06:52 PM   #18
New Yorker
 
Scarletwine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Outside it's Amerika
Posts: 2,746
Local Time: 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
Media only reports what is said in the pulpits of America if it can get a quick reaction (usually negative) out of the public.
This doesn't answer the question. Another quik soundbite. Are you in newsertainment?

to Cardosino - I'm sure the band would bash the strict religious influence on politics. Isn't that what they wrote about for several years. They are religious yes but believe in seculartism.
__________________
Scarletwine is offline  
Old 06-15-2005, 06:58 PM   #19
War Child
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: OC
Posts: 711
Local Time: 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Scarletwine


This doesn't answer the question. Another quik soundbite. Are you in newsertainment?

to Cardosino - I'm sure the band would bash the strict religious influence on politics. Isn't that what they wrote about for several years. They are religious yes but believe in seculartism.
No, I think they'd bash the politicians for allowing themselves to be influenced the wrong types.
__________________
cardosino is offline  
Old 06-15-2005, 08:42 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In the late 70s, early 80's...
Posts: 8,465
Local Time: 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by cardosino


Amen again.
Anymore of this and we will be the Christian Right.

To just follow on what you said re: Democrats defining themselves. I think the Democrats have allowed themselves to be characterised by the right so much. I mean now 70% of Americans would consider "liberal" a dirty word. Thats just insane, people like Howard Dean are painted as extremists, when really the Xian Right & neo-cons are far more extreme. It's just nuts.

I know the Repubs at the moment are wanting too see everything as black and white. And normally when you are doing that - winning is made a lot easier, because things are simple, and IMO most of American society seems to respond to that (thats not a slant, thats taking the fact about 1/2 of America vote and 1/2 of that voted for Bush). But in this case I honestly thing with all the cards in your hand which you mentioned (shithouse war, bad economy, budget in dissaray, frayed foreign policy, not having Osama Bin Laden) they don't have the balls to call a spade a fucking shovel... and merely pass a long.
__________________
timothius is offline  
Old 06-15-2005, 08:44 PM   #21
War Child
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: OC
Posts: 711
Local Time: 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by timothius


Anymore of this and we will be the Christian Right.

To just follow on what you said re: Democrats defining themselves. I think the Democrats have allowed themselves to be characterised by the right so much. I mean now 70% of Americans would consider "liberal" a dirty word. Thats just insane, people like Howard Dean are painted as extremists, when really the Xian Right & neo-cons are far more extreme. It's just nuts.

I know the Repubs at the moment are wanting too see everything as black and white. And normally when you are doing that - winning is made a lot easier, because things are simple, and IMO most of American society seems to respond to that (thats not a slant, thats taking the fact about 1/2 of America vote and 1/2 of that voted for Bush). But in this case I honestly thing with all the cards in your hand which you mentioned (shithouse war, bad economy, budget in dissaray, frayed foreign policy, not having Osama Bin Laden) they don't have the balls to call a spade a fucking shovel... and merely pass a long.
Well, the spade has to do a better job don't they ?

Spoken as a democrat BTW
__________________
cardosino is offline  
Old 06-15-2005, 08:59 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In the late 70s, early 80's...
Posts: 8,465
Local Time: 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by cardosino


Well, the spade has to do a better job don't they ?

Spoken as a democrat BTW
Sure does.

Spoken as a center-right New Zealander.
__________________
timothius is offline  
Old 06-15-2005, 09:35 PM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life
 
zonelistener's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: six convenient metro locations
Posts: 14,747
Local Time: 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
Media only reports what is said in the pulpits of America if it can get a quick reaction (usually negative) out of the public.
Actually, I believe the pulpit owns the media right now.
__________________
zonelistener is offline  
Old 06-15-2005, 09:36 PM   #24
ONE
love, blood, life
 
melon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 11,781
Local Time: 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
It all seems to fall under the same broad stroke of the brush by some.
If I wanted to paint the nation red, I would have used the word "fundamentalist," instead of "reconstructionist."

Melon
__________________

__________________
melon is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com