Democratic Presidential Debate Thoughts????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Strangly enough Graham sounds the most intriguing at this point.

I'm glad you posted this Dread, because I wanted to tell you that your talk about Clark has not fell on deaf ears (in my case). I decided that I have to look more into Clark than just his impressiveness on paper and some other individual success. I am looking at the debate with an open mind and right now Clark has been doing what I have criticized Schwarzenegger of. He sounds good and makes broad statements but fails me on specifics. So I am holding off on my endorsement of him and waiting to gather more info in the future. He did just jump in and has a lot to catch up on, so it could just be his newness.

So far, Graham and my former favorite Kerry are standing out for me. Graham more on domestic issues and Kerry overall.

I am curious why Graham has not been geetting mmuch press. Up here in New England, ddean and Kerry have been getting most of it. Clark has suckedd the air out of thee room.. so that has changed.

I am not 100% against Clark. I am a lot less for him than I was back months ago. He is definitely doing a good job dodgging questions.

Curiously enough, Dean has impressed me with his debating style but he seems too angry.

I am enjoying it. I wish there were a few less candidates.

I was just going to say that. There are so many that the questions are spread out too much between them to keep track of how each of them stands.

I just don't like Dean. I can't see how Kerry isn't walking all over this guy in the polls. In his defense, Dean speaks straight to the point, but to me looks shifty and stiff (what's new) and does seem angrier than the others (except for Kusinich, lol)

Kerry is very comfortable, looks really relaxed has a lot of specific points, plans and strategies and also knows where all the other candidates stand.

I'll give Clark time, but right now he's looking a little overwhelmed, or maybe just unprepared having only been in 8 days.

I didn't get to see it because I had to work and then do a sciatica treatment when I got home. Ouch! It is way too early for me to really be into the political campaigns. If I got into the campaigns this early I'd burn out on politics early next year and would be useless for the general campaign. Alabama doesn't have its primaries until June, when we pretty much know who the nominees are going to be. I don't know why they changed it from March. We used to be part of "Super Tuesday". Some of us have the feeling that our primary is a bit of a joke coming so damn late. Alabama politics...........:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

If I don't support Clark, I'll support Dean.

I think part of the problem with Clark is that he hasn't finalized his platform. He better fix that problem soon.

Melon

melon said:
If I don't support Clark, I'll support Dean.

I think part of the problem with Clark is that he hasn't finalized his platform. He better fix that problem soon.

Melon

Putting Clark aside for the moment, who I believe will come out with more specifics as the weeks unfold, can you give me some specifics on why you would support Dean instead of Kerry? Maybe I'm missing something, and I suppose I haven't really given Dean much of chance either, because he bothers me just looking at him.

Kerry is a dirty politician, and I dispute his sincerity on most of those issues he professes to believe in...or dances around.

Dean, however, is very direct and actually signed civil union legislation in Vermont. That kind of equality is very important to me, and, when push comes to shove, I feel Kerry would chicken out.

Melon

melon said:
Kerry is a dirty politician, and I dispute his sincerity on most of those issues he professes to believe in...or dances around.

Dean, however, is very direct and actually signed civil union legislation in Vermont. That kind of equality is very important to me, and, when push comes to shove, I feel Kerry would chicken out.

Melon

Here is my final analysis......

Dean has captured what McCain had. It was my first chance to watch them all. He is not afraid to mix it up and I believe that he is speaking what hhe believes to be the truth when he says it. I did no agree with many of McCain's stances, it did not matter to me because I believed that he had the intestinal fortiitude to stand up for something, politics aside.

Lieberman took second place. I kind of like him and he is closer to my beliefs than Dean.

Kerry just does not have any charisma and I agree with Melon.

Skip the rest....only one other matters.....Clark.

What has he been doing while he has been flirting with the USA about running? I am shocked at how unprrepared he is to talk about issues. I am impressed at how he avoided the questions. Too early to tell, but I believe he willl be someone's VP.

dean is interesting but i don't think i could vote for him. i'm probably closer in my beliefs to lieberman but i'm still, at the moment, pulling for clark. i just started watching the debate so i'll get back to you.

Let me just pose a question that was pointed out by a Democrat on a news show last night. SHe said she liked lots of Dean's views although not over-whelmingly over the others, but that he looked "angry" and "odd" at the debate. She then asked the question: "When has the angry candidate ever won?"

Never

Back
Top Bottom