Democracy is of the Devil

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nbcrusader

Blue Crack Addict
Militant Groups Denounce Iraqi Elections

CAIRO, Egypt - Five Islamic militant groups, including al-Qaida in Iraq, denounced the Iraqi elections as a "satanic project" that violates God's law and vowed to continue their war to establish an Islamic government in the country. But the Internet posting made no threats to disrupt Thursday's parliamentary elections, unlike previous statements before balloting in January and October, when militants warned they would attack polling stations to stop people from voting.

I think perhaps they believe that anything and everything that could interfere with their evil intentions is "satanic". I don't understand how they can argue that "God's law" has anything to do with it, but militants like this have a twisted notion of God and his law that I will never understand - one that has nothing to do with true Islam and what that is all about.

I think we could all agree that a vote for Iraqi citizens is an idea whose time has come. I hope one day they can all vote without fear.

Don't many extremists of any religion believe anything that doesn't give them power "of the devil?" It just another way to manipulate the flock.

Democracy is a creation of human beings that paces the peoples will above all else, this is obviously an insult to their God because he demands submission to his will above all else.

indra said:
Don't many extremists of any religion believe anything that doesn't give them power "of the devil?" It just another way to manipulate the flock.

Republicans have inferred that Democrats have no morality, which is an inferred swipe that they're atheists or "Satanic."

Likud in Israel just recently levelled a similar attack on Sharon's new Kadima Party. So, yes, it's not just Muslim extremist groups that try and sway election by sending curses from God. Funny enough, that was precisely what the commandment against saying the Lord's name in vain prohibited, and, yet, countless groups in history have continually done it anyway.

Melon

Which is the dilemma presented to us at this juncture, how to both foster civil society and liberty abroad without it being extinguished from negative beneficiaries of democracy (case in point the Muslim Brotherhoods election results in Egypt).

Islamic militant tossers should just shut the hell up. Democracy is better than what they had before. Jee, they got warped minds, contaminated with fundamentalist religious brainwashing.

Democracy is horribly flawed though, even if it is a nice thought.

I only get to choose the people who make decisions about my life once every 3 years, and I'm just one pretty much insignificant vote out of 20 million others.

And when I went to my local member, (a liberal MP if you must now), to voice my concerns about my country, my future and the public school system, he couldn't give a toss about what I had to say.... Tosser!

Democracy does not mean that people are ALWAYS listened to, as many people are often IGNORED.

So therefore, people do need to be wary of democracy. It does not mean Utopia, even if it would be the best thing to happen to Iraq in a long long long time.

Back
Top Bottom