DeLay Abandons Bid to Remain House Leader

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the rockin edge

Blue Crack Addict
By DAVID ESPO, AP Special Correspondent 1 hour, 28 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - Embattled Rep.
Tom DeLay on Saturday abandoned his bid to remain as House majority leader, clearing the way for leadership elections among Republicans eager to shed the taint of scandal.
ADVERTISEMENT

In a letter to rank-and-file Republicans, DeLay said, "During my time in Congress, I have always acted in an ethical manner within the rules of our body and the laws of our land. I am fully confident time will bear this out."

At the same time, "I cannot allow our adversaries to divide and distract our attention," the Texas Republican wrote.

full story here

deep on 09-28-2005 11:15 AM said:

some of us are just saying

"thank god this scum bag at least hit a speed bumb."

but, i won't crow:wink:

i would not be surprised if before it is all over

Delay takes a plea

lobbyist Jack Abramoff. took the plea not because he was guilty of what he copped to,

but, because he is guilty of so much more, it is damage control,

this bunch is the sleaziest ever!!

the most corrupt!

delay_mug_hammer.jpg

financeguy said:
Slowly yet surely the nexus of GOP corruption is unravelled.

One need not worry! The GOP knows how to replace one scandal-tainted fanatic with another. The life cycle of every Republican leader is scandal, disgrace, and eventual resignation.

Melon

"We don't just need new leaders, we need a course correction. This is deeper than just who stands at the head of the party. We have created a system here ...that just breeds corruption. ... We just cannot continue with this trend." - Rep. Jeff Flake, R-Ariz

^ Excellent quote. Delay is the poster boy of dirty politics in Washington, whether legal or illegal. Part of the solution, I think, may be term limits.

Bluer White said:
^ Excellent quote. Delay is the poster boy of dirty politics in Washington, whether legal or illegal. Part of the solution, I think, may be term limits.

I believe that term limits are a meaningless gesture. It has not stopped state governments with term limits from being corrupt, as corruption is not usually limited to individual politicians, but to the political parties and private interests that don't change with a new set of politicians.

Melon

financeguy said:
Slowly yet surely the nexus of GOP corruption is unravelled.

I don't know, it just makes me smile. I have nothing overtly malicious against the GOP... but....

:D

Back
Top Bottom