Defend Traditional Marriage! - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-10-2007, 08:18 PM   #16
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 06:21 AM
or is it hypocrisy?

Quote:
Originally posted by struckpx
its disgusting how people are interested in this. plus, look at who is behind the investigation of this. none other than larry flynt. this is pure politics and just ridiculous. stay out of people's personal problems. this is an embarrassment to the democratic party, and the various talk shows have reacted that way. stay out of people's marriage problems. i could give who he has sex with

Oooooh the irony!

Old 07-10-2007, 08:24 PM   #17
Acrobat

Local Time: 12:21 PM
Re: or is it hypocrisy?

Quote:
Originally posted by Diemen

Oooooh the irony!
you actually enjoy this, don't you. what a third-class scum of a citizen.

Old 07-10-2007, 08:26 PM   #18
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:21 AM
Re: Re: or is it hypocrisy?

Quote:

Old 07-10-2007, 08:27 PM   #19
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 01:21 PM
Perhaps you could try explaining why you don't agree there's an irony instead of taking the easy way out?

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
Old 07-10-2007, 08:28 PM   #20
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:21 AM
Re: Re: or is it hypocrisy?

Quote:

That was uncalled for
Old 07-10-2007, 08:30 PM   #21
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by yolland
Perhaps you could try explaining why you don't agree there's an irony instead of taking the easy way out?
i do not need to explain. i don't discuss other people's personal lives. who he screws is his and his wives' business. we thought cheney and the republicans are bad? look at this nonsense that larry flynt and the democrat party is doing. they are just as bad. don't give me this b.s. as the democrats not being corrupt. they are, 10x worse.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:37 PM   #22
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

The irony is that while you are saying it is no one's business what goes on in these conservatives' marriages, those very same conservatives are trying to make it their business what happens in other people's marriages. And to make it worse, they are doing it in the name of protecting the sanctity of marriage, when they themselves are guilty of destroying that very same sanctity in their own marriage. And yet you defend them.

If recognizing that makes me a third-class scum of a citizen (excellent debate tactic, btw), then I'd be interested in what your definition of a first class citizen is.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:44 PM   #23
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

You can't be liberal, that's a 2nd-class citizen at best.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:45 PM   #24
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by Diemen
The irony is that while you are saying it is no one's business what goes on in these conservatives' marriages, those very same conservatives are trying to make it their business what happens in other people's marriages. And to make it worse, they are doing it in the name of protecting the sanctity of marriage, when they themselves are guilty of destroying that very same sanctity in their own marriage.

If recognizing that makes me a third-class scum of a citizen (excellent debate tactic, btw), then I'd be interested in what your definition of a first class citizen is.
Yes, I am not arguing that. This has nothing to do with gay marriage. This has everything to do with a Madam selling her list to Larry Flynt. Gay marriage and having sex with a prostitute are totally different things. It is ultimately another way for Democrats to snitch and try and show the corrupt side of the Republicans. However, this all does come back to haunt them. Do you think that the Republican party doesn't have their watch-dogs sniffing now? The Democrats are setting theirselves up for a huge disaster, and I am sure that the Republicans are waiting for just the right time to disclose it.

What a man and woman does is not our business. Unfortunately, man and man is not in the law book yet, so we can't comment on that. He might be against gays, but that has nothing to do with him screwing a stripper and having some Hustler screwball outing him.

I admire him for revealing to the world before Flynt did. Hear hear. Shame on the Democratic Party. They have become a bunch of low balls who have nothing better than to try and dig up stuff on people. Why don't they pass some issues first.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:52 PM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

As far as I know Democrats are on that list either. I doubt it is any organised revelation by the Democrats.

As far as the Democrats having become "low balls who have nothing better than to try and dig up stuff on people", well, the problem is, both parties are sadly using this tactic (just watch some of the TV ads during the last elections) of insulting the other party, which means both parties would have become "low balls who have nothing better than to try and dig up stuff on people."

There would be an easy way out: Legalise prostitution.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:53 PM   #26
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

It works in Holland
Old 07-10-2007, 08:54 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

And in Germany.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:55 PM   #28
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Vincent Vega
And in Germany.
And I read your location at the same time

It is the world's oldest profession...
Old 07-10-2007, 08:56 PM   #29
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
This has nothing to do with gay marriage.

He might be against gays, but that has nothing to do with him screwing a stripper and having some Hustler screwball outing him.
I disagree. The conservatives are claiming they are trying to preserve the sanctity of marriage by opposing same sex marriage, yet they clearly don't hold the same standard of sanctity in their own marriages. I do agree that it was good that he at least had the guts to publicly apologize despite the fact that it was possible his name wouldn't have been revealed, but it does not excuse the fact that he publicly crusaded for the sanctity of marriage while at the same time destroying his own. The Democrats may be trying to capitalize on this and show that this is corrupt, but the simple fact of the matter is that it is corrupt to campaign for the sanctity of marriage while destroying it yourself.

Quote:
Shame on the Democratic Party. They have become a bunch of low balls who have nothing better than to try and dig up stuff on people. Why don't they pass some issues first.
Now honestly, do you think the Republican party doesn't constantly try to dig stuff up on people? Unfortunately that's a large part of what politics has come down to these days - who can dig up the more damning stuff about the opposing side. It is ugly and it is wrong, but you can't seriously claim it's the fault of only one side.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:58 PM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto

And I read your location at the same time

It is the world's oldest profession...
Not that I use this service, honestly.

No, really, it's not my thing.