Death and the G8 - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Old 07-23-2001, 12:38 AM   #16
The Fly
Local Time: 04:18 PM
Bono is pissed because he said that the violence ruined meetings between African leaders & the G8 leaders. He said that violence is never right & that it is "ok to bang your fist on the table, but it's never ok to put your fist in the face of your enemy, whether you are a protestor or the police." (paraphrased) That's the most sensible thing I've heard regarding anger towards the rich nations. I didn't realize that Bono & Geldof were there discussing debt relief.

Old 07-23-2001, 03:38 AM   #17
Local Time: 05:18 PM
I didn't really want to bring Bono into this, but I completely agree with what he said.

Holy John, this is happening all over the world now, so I'm sure almost all of us have seen it, and are not only thinking about it or watching on TV. I myself have seen violent protests, and I have seen how they achieved nothing and only ruined it for the peaceful protesters who can actually speak in coherent sentences, as opposed to these Neanderthal warriors. I'm not saying that the G8 summit would have solved all the world's problems if it hadn't been disrupted like this, but if they had just been able to take one more tiny step in the right direction, that's more than what the violent protesters have achieved, namely nothing.

Old 07-26-2001, 07:07 PM   #18
Local Time: 04:18 PM
Thank you all for your comments.