Death

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anthony, I was crying right before I read this thread and now I've started crying once again. Originally I was crying about how I have no freaking idea what's going to happen in my life. I'm at a crossroads, where uncertainy is the only certainy. I guess you could say that we're going through the same thing in the sense that both of us are faced with a future that could take any direction. We are faced with changes that will inevitably make or break us. Death is one of those changes that not only effects the deceased, but also people like you and me who have to witness and live with their absence.

I with you, brother. And remember that changes can lead to better things. (That's probably the last thing you want to hear right now, but consider that it might be true). Love and peace out...

Dan

Anthony..
Ive read this thread about 5 times now and every time couldn't bring myself to reply. Each time I've wished I could say something to you to take away the teeniest amount of the pain you're going through, but I knew I couldn't.
I myself am struggling to still come to terms with the death of my father 20 months ago. I am none the wiser on death, I still don't understand it and question every day why my father had to get cancer and why he was taken from us so quickly before we even had the chance to get used to the idea.
I have been selfish and let it overcome me at times. Ive let my family down adn probably my mother at times.
Trying to understand why it happens or what kind of a God would leave a 10 year old little girl without a father to grow up with can be consuming.
We all deal in our own ways. Its up to you to decide if you are strong enough to allow yourself to grieve the way you need to, not the way others say you should.
I dont have the answers but if you ever want to talk email me anytime at poptart76_99@yahoo.com

Take care of yourself Anthony
Peace to you,
Amanda

Hey Danospano;

I can understand what you're going through, with the whole 'crossroads' point in your life, though I haven't really gotten to that point (I have just started University) just yet, this sort of emotional process always seems to arrive when heavy stuff goes on in your life. And yes, I feel it too.

Thanks for your words, thanks for everybody's; I'm overwhelmed by the humanity displayed and I really can't thank people enough for being so understanding. Thanks to you too, zooropamanda, and you Bonovista... and to everyone.

Thank you's aside, I originally intended for this to be a debating thread, where people would talk about their ideas. I realise that now that I must have been thinking some very strange things (and I HAVE been thinking some very strange things, so its no real surprise) and I realise that you can't really separate your thoughts from your feelings in times like this, if anyone can then please tell me how.

The other day when someone was trying to be helpful and said 'oh well, its all for the best...' I lost my temper rather rudely, and I wasn't justified, atleast, not if you knew what I did in response. However, I thank everyone for not saying 'its all for the best'. A new life filled with wonderful things ahead may be in order, I don't really know or care, however, the last thing that I think is true is 'its all for the best'.

It meant a lot to me, and again, thanks.

Foray, thank you too. I will respond to you, but my hotmail is acting dearranged.

Ant.

Coming in a bit late, but I just wanted to say like everyone else that I'm very sorry for your loss, and my thoughts/prayers are with you. Take care.

------------------
Love was never a single emotion

-ACROB@T

Back
Top Bottom