Death

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the iron horse

Rock n' Roll Doggie
press>>>play

oh lordy, trouble so hard
oh lordy, trouble so hard,
don't nobody know my troubles but God
don't nobody know my troubles but God

went down the hill, the other day
my soul got happy and stayed all day

oh lordy...

~moby

The first time I heard a song by Moby was when I saw the video of him in a nursing home as an old man. Watching the TV (with the plastic broken angel on top) with the other old people.

Scenes of him as a young man dancing and moving.

A sadness on his face and something that glimmered a hope.

And then the tunnel, the light, the angel carrying him.

I accept the reality that youth fades, time goes on, and in a few more decades or so I will die. (or get hit by a truck at anytime...or something that will kill me)

I will pass on from this world. I know that is a fact of life.

Facing the reality of my death has helped me be more into now and today. It's been a relief.

It has given me freedom from worrying in some lie to myself about not expecting trouble, pain, or my own death.

I go today and dance with or around with whatever comes.

My Christian faith in my life after death is a hope I look forward to living one day.

A few random thoughts :)

press>>>play

Some days, I enjoy life. Other days, I can't wait to die. To a small degree, I admittedly fear death. I don't know why. I don't think anyone should be afraid to die. It happens to all of us.

I don't think I fear to die
the thought that I would ahve hardly accomplished anything before I die is what scares the shit out of me though

I have to say, Salome raised something very true - I too fear an inconsequential life, so much so sometimes I think it may overwhelm my fear of death.

Hrmm... nope, I am still more afraid of Death. Its not something I can explain or even say I'm proud of, but the very idea of Death fills me with dread.

Ant.

Salome said:
I don't think I fear to die
the thought that I would ahve hardly accomplished anything before I die is what scares the shit out of me though

Ah, the difference between success and significance.

The world promotes the former, but we find true satisfaction with the latter.

Some days, I want to die and get it over with so I can stop feeling like shit. Other times I want to live to be an old old lady with 100 cats and 34 plants on the front porch baking cookies for kids and telling stories of the olden times. Sometimes I get in both moods in one day.

I still have trouble fully believing in the inevitability of my own death, probably because I'm still very young and never was in a life-threatening situation. Death doesn't scare me because deep down I just can't believe that I will die.

The death of my loved ones on the other hand fills me with horrible dread when I think about it, :sad: It does make me envy people who firmly believe in afterlife.

Back
Top Bottom