Dark side of Moon - darkness for US

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I had no idea how to title this thread, there is so much insanity to comment on.

This is unbelievable.

Unbelievable.

People should seriously be worried about this- imagine the destablishment of "separation of church and state" and what an extremist could do if he was given the opportunity? Rev. Sun Myung Moon is an extremely weathly and extremely :censored:-up man. My post does not knock religion or Christianity (which he supposedly practicies- IMO it's equivalant to Al Quaeda practicing Islam). This post is about how connected this man is with people who have power in the US, and how the disintegration of separation of church & state would be an absolute tragedy. We have the right to practice religion- and the right NOT to have anything forced upon us!

Read on - your tax money is paying for these extreme groups Moon owns/supports.

Bad Moon On The Rise (empasis in article mine)

-------------------------------------
Bad Moon On The Rise

Last December, at his three-day God and World Peace event, the Rev. Sun Myung Moon drew a notable slate of political figures, from Sen. Richard Lugar, R-Ind., to Rep. Danny Davis, D-Ill., and, perhaps most notably, James Towey, director of the White House Office of Faith-Based and Community Initiatives, who offered some respectful opening remarks to Moon's Unification Church faithful. Moon followed, and called for all religions to come together in support of the Bush plan for faith-based initiatives.

Coming from Moon that made perfect sense, because he already believes all religions will come together -- under him. "The separation between religion and politics," he has observed on many occasions, "is what Satan likes most." His gospel: Jesus failed because he never attained worldly power. Moon will succeed, he says, by purifying our sex-corrupted culture, and that includes cleaning up gays ("dung-eating dogs," as he calls them) and American women ("a line of prostitutes"). Jews had better repent, too. (Moon claims that the Holocaust was payback for the crucifixion of Christ: "Through the principle of indemnity, Hitler killed 6 million Jews.") His solution is a world theocracy that will enforce proper sexual habits in order to bring about heaven on earth.

What sort of proper sexual habits? According to Moon, in order to restore blood purity, very specific practices are prescribed. Sex before marriage is out of the question, and when sexual consummation does happen, it must adhere to very specific instructions. First, a photograph of Moon must be nearby, so that everything occurs under the reverend's watchful eye. [After two nights of woman-on-top sex, the couple reverse positions, whereupon the man, according to Moon, restores dominion over Eve, via the proper missionary position. Then, according to the instructions attributed to the U.C.'s American Blessed Family Department, "after the act of love, both spouses should wipe their sexual areas with the Holy Handkerchief" --referring to the church-supplied washcloth -- which must "be kept individually labeled and should never be laundered or mixed up."

Incredibly, it now appears that under the new priorities of the budding Faith Based Initiative, the federal government has given Moon disciples its imprimatur -- and funding.

Last summer, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services gave a $475,280 grant to fund Free Teens USA, an after-school celibacy club in urban New Jersey. Free Teens USA, like other Moon civic organizations, claims it has no ties to the Unification Church. But according to documents obtained by Salon under the Freedom of Information Act, the director and chief finance officer of the Free Teens USA club, as well as others listed on the group's board of directors, are former or present high-ranking Unification Church officials who omitted those leadership roles from their applications for the federal grant.

<snip>

In 1996, Moon praised communism for producing obedient followers "trained under totalitarianism," who are "trained to follow once an order came from above," unlike wayward Americans ("individualism is what God hates most," went his refrain in a 1987 speech). And today his business holdings include an automotive company in U.S.-sanctioned North Korea.

<snip>
-------------------------------------

The article goes on at length. I have more I want to post from other articles, but encourage anyone interested to read them all.

Last edited:

<snip>
Unconvinced by the Holocaust quote? Read other examples of the "unrelieved hostility to the Jewish people" that rabbis of the '70s saw in Moon's teachings.

Pat Robertson's warning that this "Pandora's box" would erupt if the White House agreed to give money to religions without discrimination. On his 700 Club, he specifically named the UC as a group condemned for its "brainwashing" that should not receive money. (He piped down after his Operation Blessing received money from the Compassion Capital Fund.)

(emphasis mine)

The Bush-Kim-Moon Triangle of Money
By Robert Parry
March 10, 2001

At this past week?s summit, George W. Bush and South Korean President Kim Dae Jung disagreed publicly on how to deal with communist North Korea ? Bush advocated a harder line. But the two leaders have a little-known bond in common: the political largesse of the Rev. Sun Myung Moon.

For more than three decades, Moon, the founder of the South Korea-based Unification Church, has spun a worldwide spider's web of influence, connecting to hundreds of powerful leaders through the silken threads of his mysterious money.

Moon?s beneficiaries include the Bush family and, according to U.S. intelligence reports, Kim Dae Jung.

Though seldom discussed publicly, the Moon-Bush connection has been reported before ? and detailed in this publication. But Moon?s financial links to Kim Dae Jung ? a longtime dissident who opposed the authoritarian governments that ruled South Korea during the Cold War ? have remained secret.

U.S. intelligence stumbled onto the Moon-Kim connection while monitoring South Korean political developments in 1987.

By that time, Moon?s Unification Church already had built close ties to the Reagan-Bush administration, especially through Moon's funding of conservative causes and his $100-million-a-year subsidy of the right-wing Washington Times, hailed by Ronald Reagan as his ?favorite? newspaper.

Back in South Korea, however, Moon's longtime coziness with his home nation's autocratic rulers was strained. Moon was on the outs with the ruling Democratic Justice Party (DJP), the U.S. Defense Intelligence Agency noted in a cable dated Sept. 10, 1987.

?The UC (Unification Church) ? has not been happy with the somewhat cold treatment it has received under the current DJP government,? the DIA cable reported.

In response to this chilliness, Moon secretly began financing several opposition figures, the DIA reported. One was a longtime Moon ally, Kim Jong Pil, not to be confused with North Korea's current leader Kim Jong Il.

By the late 1980s, Kim Jong Pil had a long record of association with Moon. A 1978 U.S. congressional investigation into the so-called ?Koreagate? influence-buying scandal reported that Kim Jong Pil founded the South Korean CIA in the 1960s and assisted Moon's Unification Church in building its influence in Japan and the United States.

The congressional investigation concluded that Kim Jong Pil and the South Korean CIA helped Moon expand his church into a well-financed international organization. They then used Moon's organization to buy influence inside the U.S. government, the congressional investigation found.
<snip>
continue reading here

Last edited:
more from the salon article on this Free Teen group (that our taxes support)

-----------------------
Another place on the site [Free Teens Web site] features Magic Johnson and interprets his tale of HIV survival to mean that even the most healthy-looking sex partners might be carrying the seeds of death. It's even hinted that not even French-kissers are safe from HIV. The site also heavily spins a 2001 study from the National Institutes of Health, saying that the "U.S. Gov Now DOUBTS Condoms!" And, in a slogan reminiscent of Moon's emphasis on the ?blood lineage? that binds the biblical Adam to the True Father, Free Teens implores its subjects with the message: "It's not just your body, it's your whole lineage forever."

<snip>

But at his Unification.net FAQ, webmaster Damian Anderson warns of any politically correct dilution of, for example, Moon's attack on Jews.

"The fact is that the Jewish people committed a grievous sin in rejecting the Lord, and the world is today committing a grievous sin in rejecting the Lord," he writes. "I will not water down what Father said to please liberal constituencies within his own church."

Within his church, his entreaties to cherish and punish your "love organ" (with pliers if necessary, he suggested in 2001) manage to find an audience. On Blessed Children World, an online message board for kids of Unification families, there is much discussion of church beliefs. "I hate gay people," one B.C. observes. Other B.C.'s ask whether it's a sin to go to the prom and debate a church doctrine that rape victims are considered impure. "Kill yourself before you ARE raped," one posts. "Bite out your tongue and choke on your own blood if you need to. (No joke, that was in Father's speech from some time ago). Anyhow, I know it sounds totally NAZI of us to say/think/believe such things..."

----------------------------------------

source: Bad Moon On The Rise

Last edited:
The things Moon says about U.S. women, Jews, and gays are offensive and just plain sick. I don't understand why any decent person would fool with him. I guess it's the damn $$ they're after, only now they are after the taxpayers' $$!!!
Moron. :rant: :yell: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Duhhhh....This is why faith-based charities are a bad idea! Money will be forced to go to religions *other* than your own.

If people would start thinking a little, then maybe we wouldn't even be in this situation.

Melon

melon said:
Duhhhh....This is why faith-based charities are a bad idea! Money will be forced to go to religions *other* than your own.

If people would start thinking a little, then maybe we wouldn't even be in this situation.

Melon

I think we are capable of thinking on this issue.

Social services funded by the government should be evaluated by the same criteria, whether they come from a secular or religious source. Just because an organization is secular doesn't guaranty that they are free of offensive ideas.

I'm not a fan of the moonies, but if they can feed the hungry better than a secular outfit, feed the hungry.

not a fan of the moonies??

I dare say!

Jesus failed because he didn't obtain secular power?

The holocast was punishment from God?

from what I'm reading here this guy is the opposite of what the church should be promoting....or at least the opposite of christianity

I wouldn't want a cent of my money in his hands

oliveu2cm said:
"after the act of love, both spouses should wipe their sexual areas with the Holy Handkerchief" --referring to the church-supplied washcloth -- which must "be kept individually labeled and should never be laundered or mixed up."

:huh:

Back
Top Bottom