Danish Air Force Compensates Santa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yimou

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050929/ap_on_fe_st/santa_compensated

COPENHAGEN, Denmark - The Danish Air Force said Thursday it paid 31,175 kroner ($5,032) in compensation to a part-time Santa Claus whose reindeer died of heart failure when two fighter jets roared over his farm.

The animal, named Rudolf, was grazing peacefully at the central Denmark farm of Olavi Nikkanoff, when the screaming F-16 jets passed overhead at low altitude in February.

The reindeer collapsed and died, leaving Nikkanoff with the prospect of only one animal pulling his sleigh next Christmas.

He complained to the air force, which agreed to compensate him for the cost of the reindeer and veterinary expenses.

"We got a letter from Santa complaining about his reindeer's death and looked into it seriously," said air force spokesman, Capt. Morten Jensen.

The air force checked flight data and veterinary reports and concluded the planes likely caused the animal's death.

"We're more than happy to pay if it means that children around the world will get their presents," Jensen said.

Nikkanoff said he was satisfied with the compensation and would use it to buy a new reindeer before Christmas.

I used to live next to an AFB and there were also plenty of cows around....never saw too many dropping dead.:shrug: Kind of a sad story yet also a little funny in some way.

U2Man said:
"Captain Morten Jensen....." :scratch:

Is that merely a coincidence, my friend? :hmm:

:laugh: YES !!!! It is a coincidence. But you can call me captain if you want :wink:

:) I like little stories like that. But then again, I just have a weakness for winter, and holidays of such, festivals, etc.

:up:

Back
Top Bottom