Dangerous Times to be a Jew - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-24-2004, 04:29 PM   #16
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:49 AM
Well, you know what I mean.

Join Amnesty.
Old 07-24-2004, 05:35 PM   #17
The Fly

Local Time: 04:49 AM
I don't think it's fair that jews have always been persecuated, i'm not a jew myself but i still think it is really not right to just target a group of people

Old 07-25-2004, 08:58 AM   #18
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
Local Time: 05:49 AM
Approx. 100.000 Israeli Settlers of the Gaza Strip will meet today for peaceful protests against the plan of their government to give the Gaza strip back to the Palestinensians.

However, Israeli government expects that ultra-right-wing Settlers plan a terror-strike against the Al-Aksa-Mosqe Eljakim Haezni called a terroristic attack at the The Temple Mount a "worthily act"
Old 07-25-2004, 10:15 AM   #19
Refugee

sorry if ya feel offended..im just relaying what was a mostly childhood expirience...even the jewish friends I had
one imparticular friend whose mother was catholic, father was jewish/....
she was always the one to point out the differences...

I know I took a risk in saying all of that...but there will always be differences between people...I know most of youwho come from big cities can relate to it.

I got along with mostly everyone...I had alot of jewish friends too

and I was very receptive how thier parents were compared to my very conservative parents.

but I did mention the town I was in was very segregated....i had nothing to do with that.

now that Im older I obviously dont feel the same but cant deny when I go back to " the old neighborhood" I would rather shoot myself in the foot than try to raise up kids there...

where I live now noone cares what ya are...
well there is this little discrimination thing they have there but they think nothin of it
they call it "being from away" which means you were not born here..... and I ge the feeling if they detect an unlike maine accept or something similar...they tend to exclude
they dont want thier " best and brightest to move away"( this was a big controversy here)
its an anamole to them...
and then they wonder why some places in maine have such a poor economy
discrimination comes in many forms.
although the above mentioned isnt all that grave it can still cause a ripple
you cant get hired at the biggest employer here unless a true mainer "puts in a word " for ya..or unless you have specialized training- then they hate ya! just kidding.

so...I am a very nice person...I have to admit I care about people
too much sometimes...I can put on my halo with just as much pride or when i need to be humble take it off...
Old 07-25-2004, 12:39 PM   #20
The Fly

Local Time: 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Klaus
However, Israeli government expects that ultra-right-wing Settlers plan a terror-strike against the Al-Aksa-Mosqe Eljakim Haezni called a terroristic attack at the The Temple Mount a "worthily act"
There's a group of approximately little less than a hundred extremists settlers that are referred to as "the Jewish underground". They haven't executed any of their plans yet, but many of them were arrested and interrogated, few were sent to jail. People here criticized the police for screwing up and arresting many of them before having enough evidence to put them behind bars.

The Shabak (something like the FBI) is standing on their necks all the time. The idea of an attack on temple mount is the scariest s***t ever. WW3 will brake fore sure, seriously.
Old 07-25-2004, 01:21 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:49 PM
It's a dangerous time to be an unemployed American (there are millions of them) in a country which is so short-sighted to its own people's best interests that it's gives the Israeli government HUNDREDS OF MILLION OF DOLLARS FOR THEIR MILITARY DEFENSE WHEN THE U.S. GOVERNMENT SHOULD BE SPENDING THAT MONEY TO IMPROVE THE LIVES OF ITS OWN PEOPLE!

REMEMBER ITS OUR AMERICAN TAX DOLLARS THAT ARE SUPPORTING THE ISRAELI MILITARY - so I think our Israeli supporters should be a bit more grateful to those of us from the U.S.A.

I know that I'm poor enough and would like some of my tax dollars that I send over to Israel to stay right here in my own pocket.

THE GOAL IS SOUL.....
Old 07-25-2004, 02:30 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamila
It's a dangerous time to be an unemployed American (there are millions of them) in a country which is so short-sighted to its own people's best interests that it's gives the Israeli government HUNDREDS OF MILLION OF DOLLARS FOR THEIR MILITARY DEFENSE WHEN THE U.S. GOVERNMENT SHOULD BE SPENDING THAT MONEY TO IMPROVE THE LIVES OF ITS OWN PEOPLE!

REMEMBER ITS OUR AMERICAN TAX DOLLARS THAT ARE SUPPORTING THE ISRAELI MILITARY - so I think our Israeli supporters should be a bit more grateful to those of us from the U.S.A.

I know that I'm poor enough and would like some of my tax dollars that I send over to Israel to stay right here in my own pocket.

THE GOAL IS SOUL.....
Your tax dollars that go to Israel are helping to prevent a worse slaughter of Jews than what happened in Europe in the 1930s and 1940s. Saving lives and improving the standard of living for people surrounded by terrorist is a good thing.
Old 07-25-2004, 02:38 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:49 PM
Quote:
They haven't executed any of their plans yet
Rabin,

ring a bell?

it is the extreemists that put Sharon in power.

it is where he comes from.

Arafat should go
and Sharon should be thrown out, too.
Old 07-25-2004, 02:43 PM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by deep

Rabin,

ring a bell?

it is the extreemists that put Sharon in power.

it is where he comes from.

Arafat should go
and Sharon should be thrown out, too.
No, it was the Israely people who voted and put Sharon in Power. Israel is a democracy unlike its neighbors.
Old 07-25-2004, 03:37 PM   #25
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
STING2:

They would never ever have voted for Sharon if Rabin would have bin an option and i think that's deeps conclusion.
By eliminating Rabin the way was paved for Sharon.

Arafat and Sharon are horrible for the peace process both sides are not interested in a solution of the conflict because they would be unnecessary afterwards.

edited ------

I wanted to add:

Rest in peace Yitzhak Rabin, you were a outstanding leader of your country.
Old 07-25-2004, 06:11 PM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
STING2:

They would never ever have voted for Sharon if Rabin would have bin an option and i think that's deeps conclusion.

Arafat and Sharon are horrible for the peace process both sides are not interested in a solution of the conflict because they would be unnecessary afterwards.

edited ------

I wanted to add:

Israel is a democracy, they had an election, and Sharon was the choice of the people. Its about time Europeans began to respect that fact.
Old 07-25-2004, 06:58 PM   #27
The Fly

Local Time: 06:49 AM
Quote:
STING2:

edited ------

I wanted to add:

The group I was talking about is relatively new; this specific group hasnít executed its planes yet. Thatís what I was talking about. There always were and always will be extremists.

Prior to Rabinís assassination there was a whole atmosphere of incitement that came from extremistsí religious leaders who lived in the settlements. The politicians in the right wing of the political map are to blame just as well for acting like the 3 monkeys (canít see, canít hear, canít talk (against it)). There was a ďHalacha verdictĒ, a religious ruling if you may, that said that Rabinís blood is premised for betraying and putting the Jewish people in danger. The general public didnít really take it seriously nor did the media, but some people including the man who killed him-did.

After his death, Shimon Peres was the acting PM. few months before the elections he had a 76% majority against Netanyahu. About a month or so before the elections (1996), 3 suicide bombers exploded 3 buses in a single week. These days we will be horrified as well, but then it was the first time that such big attacks happened right after the other. People didnít know how to deal with it (I still remember being 13 watching the TV a day after one of the attacks, and they showed pictured from the scene again. I was sure it was a rerun from yesterday, but then I realized it just happened again). Peres` majority dropped dramatically, Netanyahu had his high-shot campaign advisors (who also worked for Bill Clinton in his campaign) who took advantage of the situation. Finally Netanyahu won 50.5% against 49.5%.

Then he has proven to be a crap PM. In 1999, Ehud Barak, the labor partyís candidate won by a landslide. Unfortunately, he was a total failure just as well.
Just 2 years after that (2001) another elections tool place. Influenced by the second intifada that started in October 2000+the fact that he was just dysfunctional as a PM, Arial Sharon got elected.

Then, he was crap (and still is)Ö.

This is in short the chain of events that lead Sharonís winning the elections.
Old 07-26-2004, 04:15 AM   #28
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by STING2
Israel is a democracy, they had an election, and Sharon was the choice of the people. Its about time Europeans began to respect that fact.
When did anyone suggest otherwise? All deep and Klaus have done is to suggest a possible reason for Sharon's election. You've made a similar suggestion with regard to the Spanish elections, namely that Zapatero would not have been elected as Prime Minister if not for the Madrid bombings. Does that mean you don't respect the fact that Spain is a democracy and Zapatero was the choice of the people?
Old 07-26-2004, 08:38 AM   #29
Refugee

FizzingWhizzbees:

sarit:
Old 07-26-2004, 06:23 PM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by FizzingWhizzbees

When did anyone suggest otherwise? All deep and Klaus have done is to suggest a possible reason for Sharon's election. You've made a similar suggestion with regard to the Spanish elections, namely that Zapatero would not have been elected as Prime Minister if not for the Madrid bombings. Does that mean you don't respect the fact that Spain is a democracy and Zapatero was the choice of the people?
There are to many suggestions by those that are against Israely policy, that Sharon is some kind of an evil dictator. I'm pointing out that is indeed not the case, as Israel is a democracy and the people have had time to study and select who they want to be their leader without a single action impacting that vote.

In the case of Spain, the government was only 72 hours from a victory and then Al Quada set off a bomb and turned the election into an opposition victory. I do respect the fact that the Spanish people voted in the opposition government, in the hopes of appeasing Al Quada. What exactly is Spains new government doing now to help the Iraqi people and fight terrorism?