Dangerous historical mistakes repeating themselves? - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-15-2003, 02:47 PM   #61
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:11 PM
Diamond, thanks for the insight.

Old 04-15-2003, 03:17 PM   #62
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond

I want you in my bedroom tonight,......

Old 04-16-2003, 09:20 AM   #63
Jesus Online

Local Time: 09:11 AM
Klaus, you make a great point there. It makes me wonder whether we really have the ability to see mistakes such as this while they are happening? Often we can look back and see where we went wrong, and I guess in this case, many people, Liberals and the like can see this might be a case of history repeating (or more specifically alarming parallels), but until you read something like this, it can be a bit unclear, or not as obvious until you either have the luxury of hindsight, or the vision to see what is current for exactly what it is.
Old 04-16-2003, 12:00 PM   #64
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:11 PM
Is it mandatory to post a stinkin' Bush picture in every damn thread, diamond? Honestly, this is really grating, and has NOTHING to do with the subject matter at hand.

Back to the topic: As I said on another thread, I perceive part of the problem to be the fact that the currend administration only deals with consequences and not problems. As sula said, they are being so shortsighted in their approach, and I firmly believe it'll come back to bite them in the butt. They're not looking at history, they haven't learned anything from it, and worse yet, they act as if though it's irrelevant. The last 12 years in Iraq = very important. Everything else, who cares.
Old 04-16-2003, 05:24 PM   #65
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
anitram: right.. and another problem:
They are so bussy with talking that they have no time to listen and think about what they hear
Old 04-16-2003, 06:22 PM   #66
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:11 PM

The Leader of the Free World was alluded to in this thread..
Old 04-17-2003, 05:57 PM   #67
She's the One

Local Time: 02:11 PM
Gone to AZ for three days, and all diamond has come up with is a picture or two of his president, a few smilies, and some poll numbers. No real rebuttal to the quite scary and history-based comparison of Hitler and Bush and their methods. I think we can see that there is no rebuttal to it, as it has been presented so far.

(Dano--thanks for clearing that issue up!)
Old 04-17-2003, 06:42 PM   #68
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:11 PM
Interesting, I thought Congress Passed the Patriot Act. They are as responsible as Bush. They also gave him the right to use force in Iraq. He has legally followed the Constitution of the United States. Near as I can tell, there are more dissimilarities than similarities between the two.

Peace
Old 04-18-2003, 02:51 AM   #69
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox
Interesting, I thought Congress Passed the Patriot Act. They are as responsible as Bush. They also gave him the right to use force in Iraq. He has legally followed the Constitution of the United States. Near as I can tell, there are more dissimilarities than similarities between the two.

Peace
Dreadsox,

The scary thing is that the exact same thing happened in Germany in the 30's. The parliament passed the laws which gave Hitler so much power. He became the sole leader while following the German constitution. Now, I agree that Bush is not Hitler (at least, I think he will not start a crusade against muslims, killing millions of them). Nevertheless, some actions of the current US administration are eerily similar to the German situation.
Blind faith in your leaders, or in anything, will get you killed. (quoted from Bruce Springsteen's intro speech to War)

C ya!

Marty