Dangerous historical mistakes repeating themselves?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
diamond said:
mdf252599.jpg

I want you in my bedroom tonight,......

:|

Klaus, you make a great point there. It makes me wonder whether we really have the ability to see mistakes such as this while they are happening? Often we can look back and see where we went wrong, and I guess in this case, many people, Liberals and the like can see this might be a case of history repeating (or more specifically alarming parallels), but until you read something like this, it can be a bit unclear, or not as obvious until you either have the luxury of hindsight, or the vision to see what is current for exactly what it is.

Is it mandatory to post a stinkin' Bush picture in every damn thread, diamond? Honestly, this is really grating, and has NOTHING to do with the subject matter at hand.

Back to the topic: As I said on another thread, I perceive part of the problem to be the fact that the currend administration only deals with consequences and not problems. As sula said, they are being so shortsighted in their approach, and I firmly believe it'll come back to bite them in the butt. They're not looking at history, they haven't learned anything from it, and worse yet, they act as if though it's irrelevant. The last 12 years in Iraq = very important. Everything else, who cares.

:hmm: Gone to AZ for three days, and all diamond has come up with is a picture or two of his president, a few smilies, and some poll numbers. No real rebuttal to the quite scary and history-based comparison of Hitler and Bush and their methods. I think we can see that there is no rebuttal to it, as it has been presented so far.

(Dano--thanks for clearing that issue up!)

Interesting, I thought Congress Passed the Patriot Act. They are as responsible as Bush. They also gave him the right to use force in Iraq. He has legally followed the Constitution of the United States. Near as I can tell, there are more dissimilarities than similarities between the two.

Peace

Dreadsox said:
Interesting, I thought Congress Passed the Patriot Act. They are as responsible as Bush. They also gave him the right to use force in Iraq. He has legally followed the Constitution of the United States. Near as I can tell, there are more dissimilarities than similarities between the two.

Peace

Dreadsox,

The scary thing is that the exact same thing happened in Germany in the 30's. The parliament passed the laws which gave Hitler so much power. He became the sole leader while following the German constitution. Now, I agree that Bush is not Hitler (at least, I think he will not start a crusade against muslims, killing millions of them). Nevertheless, some actions of the current US administration are eerily similar to the German situation.
Blind faith in your leaders, or in anything, will get you killed. (quoted from Bruce Springsteen's intro speech to War)

C ya!

Marty

Back
Top Bottom