Damageplan concert killings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yimou

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Another sad chapter in the music history was created with the death of guitarist Dimebag Darrell, and the other unfortunate victims of the lastest crazy fan episode.

I knew a little of Dimebags new band Damageplan, but before i really got into U2, then his former band Pantera was one of my favorites.
Though i have not heard any Pantera for years, then i am still very shocked and disgusted by this horrific shoot-out.

Dimebag Darrell was a gifted guitar player, who really brought alot to the world of music. The respect he earned goes beyond the borders of music genres. He was absolutely amazing.

The horrible truth is that this could happen to every band in the world. It could happen to the members of U2 today, tomorrow and for the rest of their lifes.
The next time Bono feels like stepping out for a coffee, some crazy fan or non-fan could have planned to end his life. I know that every famous band has this in mind, but the fact of the matter is that it COULD happen.. And its very sad.

My heart goes out to Dimebag Darrells family, and the families of the other victims.

I will remember you, Dimebag. And i thank you for the amazing work you did for the world of music.

Since I always prefer things to have a proper place, I will post my comments about some of the political statements made in that thread, here, where they belong.
I would like to point out to some of the non-American posters on this board that making generalizing statements about Americans is totally unfair. We do not all own firearms and of those that do, certainly do not go waving them around in the streets like you see in the movies. I believe the person who carried out the horrible act was going to do it whether or not he had a gun in his hand and at any venue he had the opportunity.
I feel the debate about this event should be about the stigma that surrounds mental health issues. Obviously, this guy had almost no grasp on reality and needed help. His actions highlight the dangers of leaving such issues untreated.
Would metal detectors in the club have helped? Maybe, but from what I can see, it might have just happened somewhere else.

This is extremely sad, when I lived in Dallas I played in a band there and was very active in the local scene. Darrell was out all the time supporting local bands. I was never a huge fan of his music(just not my thing) but he was one of the nicest guys I've met.

Now that being said and being that this is in FYM. One of the arguments always brought up when speaking aboug gun control is that killings will always occur be it with a knife, bat, etc. I agree. But gun control will stop senseless mass murders like this. This is an incredibly sad day when one can't go to a concert these days without fear.

U2dork said:
Since I always prefer things to have a proper place, I will post my comments about some of the political statements made in that thread, here, where they belong.
I would like to point out to some of the non-American posters on this board that making generalizing statements about Americans is totally unfair. We do not all own firearms and of those that do, certainly do not go waving them around in the streets like you see in the movies. I believe the person who carried out the horrible act was going to do it whether or not he had a gun in his hand and at any venue he had the opportunity.
I feel the debate about this event should be about the stigma that surrounds mental health issues. Obviously, this guy had almost no grasp on reality and needed help. His actions highlight the dangers of leaving such issues untreated.
Would metal detectors in the club have helped? Maybe, but from what I can see, it might have just happened somewhere else.

:up: :up: :up:

Back
Top Bottom