Cuter than Kerry, Nicer than Dean - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-02-2004, 08:04 PM   #46
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:58 PM
Thanks anitram. I often wonder how a country that got its start in a revolution got to be so damned conservative. Not this is really *wrong*, just a bit contradictory.

Old 02-02-2004, 09:04 PM   #47
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by U2andPolitix
Lets be honest, as democrats/independents perhaps some republicans, whatever you are, we really need to make a sacrifice on some of the issues and rally around the guy who we think has the best chance of getting bush out of office. I personally believe that man is John Kerry and that John Edwards would make a great VP. Sure they're not exactly as open on gay marriage as we would like, but that's what we've got, and they would certainly begin the path to equality MUCH faster than anyone in this administration would.

that's my two cents anyway. i can understand why y'all want them to be stronger on gay marriage i wish they would be too but as i said, this is what we have for now and they would start a better precedent for equality than bush. i know this is a highly redundant post i just want to get my point across.
I agree. While I'm seriously thinking of casting a vote for Kucinich in the primaries, just out of principle, I will proudly vote for either Kerry or Edwards if they are the nominee. They'll be so much better for all of us.

Old 02-02-2004, 09:13 PM   #48
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by verte76
Thanks anitram. I often wonder how a country that got its start in a revolution got to be so damned conservative. Not this is really *wrong*, just a bit contradictory.
Oops. That's a goof. Apologies to all of the fine conservatives here in FYM. That's damned undemocratic if you ask me.
Old 02-03-2004, 06:16 AM   #49
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by U2andPolitix
Lets be honest, as democrats/independents perhaps some republicans, whatever you are, we really need to make a sacrifice on some of the issues and rally around the guy who we think has the best chance of getting bush out of office. I personally believe that man is John Kerry and that John Edwards would make a great VP. Sure they're not exactly as open on gay marriage as we would like, but that's what we've got, and they would certainly begin the path to equality MUCH faster than anyone in this administration would.
Don't get me wrong, if I was an American citizen and had to choose between voting for John Edwards or George Bush, of course I'd choose Edwards. However, I think everyone has different opinions of what issues they can "sacrifice" to get Bush out of office. Everyone has some issues they don't believe in compromising on. Some feminists would never vote for a candidate who opposed abortion. Some people would never vote for a candidate who supported the death penalty. I would have strong reservations about voting for someone with a poor record on gay rights, for two reasons: firstly because if a politician doesn't believe that gay people ought to have the same rights as straight people then I disagree so strongly with that position that I wouldn't want to give them my vote. Secondly, if a candidate is unwilling to defend gay rights because s/he thinks it might cost them votes, then it makes me wonder what other issues they're going to avoid because they don't want to jeopardise their chances of re-election.
Old 02-03-2004, 02:12 PM   #50
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:58 PM
^ as usual, I agree with The Fizz.
Old 02-03-2004, 03:58 PM   #51
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:58 PM
President Bush's approval rating dropped to 49% in the latest USA TODAY/CNN/Gallup Poll.....

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politic...rry-poll_x.htm

North Carolina Sen. John Edwards edged Bush at 49%-48%, a statistical tie
Old 02-04-2004, 03:12 PM   #52
Blue Crack Addict

Edwards will be on Letterman tonight doing the Top Ten list
Old 02-05-2004, 09:03 AM   #53
War Child

Location: with 2 kids in high school they tell her that she's uncool, but she's still preoccupied with 1985
What's so great about Kerry anyway? Isn't he just a younger verson of Ted Kennedy? I think some are voting for hm because he has nice hair and looks good in a suit. If it comes down to him and Bush, I won't vote at all.
Old 02-05-2004, 09:16 AM   #54
New Yorker

Local Time: 04:58 PM
Oh Seabird. Not voting at all would be the worst thing someone could do!

SD
Old 02-05-2004, 11:01 AM   #55
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Sherry Darling
Oh Seabird. Not voting at all would be the worst thing someone could do!

SD
I agree. Kerry is not Ted Kennedy. They are both from Massachusetts, yes, but there's plenty of diversity in Massachusetts politics. John Kerry is his own man.