Cuba?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe some people know more, but officially Castro is apparently still alive.

^No

Sharon has undergone a series of subsequent surgeries related to his comatose state. He has remained in a long-term care facility since November 6, 2006.[20] Medical experts indicate that his cognitive abilities were likely destroyed by the massive stroke. He is in a persistent vegetative state with extremely low chances of recovery.

I think we can trust Wikipedia on that.

It was more of a rhetorical question.

I know Sharon is out of power, but comatose.

I think he is just as good as dead.

I also know that Castro is effectively just a figure head now,
that others are running Cuba.

But Castro is a fixation for many
and when he dies
there will be a big reaction.

Most likely there will be few drastic changes in Cuba.

Perhaps the U S Government will modify their policies with Cuba

Last edited:
I know a bunch of people will celebrate Castro's death...and I wonder if they'll be called out for it, as they should be.

deep said:
It was more of a rhetorical question.

I know Sharon is out of power, but comatose.

I think he is just as good as dead.

I also know that Castro is effectively just a figure head now,
that others are running Cuba.

But Castro is a fixation for many
and when he dies
there will be a big reaction.

Most likely there will be few drastic changes in Cuba.

Perhaps the U S Government will modify their policies with Cuba

I figured there would be something behind, as you were who questioned. :D

The difference here is, Ariel Sharon's state of health is well known, and no one tries to make anyone believe he is just staying away from public work for a while.
Whereas in Cuba, they try to maintain the believe that Castro still leads the country.

I'm not that certain about a change there when Castro finally dies. I think his brother will, at least try, to keep business as usual.

CTU2fan said:
I know a bunch of people will celebrate Castro's death...and I wonder if they'll be called out for it, as they should be.
No they shouldn't, because people will benefit from Castros death and they will be glad about it; same is true of anybody.

No. And there's a rumor in Miami every week that he has died.
But like a radio station said, when he dies there will be no questioning his death. You'll know for sure.

Of course there are people like my grandmother who thinks he died last year and has simply been using body doubles for photographs. :wink:
Whatever, even if it were true he can't live forever.

And exactly what I said before, his death would change absolutely nothing.

A_Wanderer said:
No they shouldn't, because people will benefit from Castros death and they will be glad about it; same is true of anybody.

But we had a RIP Saddam thread in here, and folks popped in to celebrate his death amongst the "RIP" posts...and those folks were called out for this. I'm wondering if we'll see the same re: Castro.

Reminds me of the movie "The Last Remake of Beau Geste" starring Marty Feldman. There was a running gag where they asked about the health of their father, and the response was always "still alive and dying".:lol:

CTU2fan said:

But we had a RIP Saddam thread in here, and folks popped in to celebrate his death amongst the "RIP" posts...and those folks were called out for this. I'm wondering if we'll see the same re: Castro.
Your not disproving my point, people will have thank God Cheney is dead posts when that happens.

Back
Top Bottom