Crimes of the Terrorist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

A_Wanderer

ONE love, blood, life
I am starting because a large number of people do not quite comprehend the deeds of the "freedom fighters" operating within Iraq at this point in time and the lack of information being covered by the mainstream media on the operations of the terrorists. I do not desire for it to be derailed so please do not drag arguments in here, the facts please and if somebody disputes them then provide evidence, no "Bush is the real terrorist" or anything like that.

This thread is simply here so that all links can be under a single thread, people may debate finer points but please keep it on topic and stick with the deeds of the insurgents and not the Coalition or Iraqi's other threads can hold it. I encourage people to post other stories and articles here but please no flaming, I genuinely want to show the stories that get buried in the press that show that these people are not freedom fighters they are genuinely terrorists by dealing with the facts.

The first one I will post is about the mutilation of a Jordanian Driver in Iraq who was ambushed and killed then had his eyes gouged out by his attackers, they then left his body on the roadside.
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/nm/20040717/wl_nm/iraq_eyes_dc

I personally think that this is not an act of heroism it is merely unjustified violence against an innocent person but you can make up your own mind.

Last edited:
Stories like that are all over the media, I don't know where you get the idea that it gets burried in the press.

you are being very condescending towards us.

Do you think any of us would defend a terrorist?

you talk like some of us would agree that this is an act of heroism

and oh yeah, save yourself some time and don't post any more stories like that. sorry, I find it a very undignified way of trying to prove a point (that doesn't need to be proven)

I am not going to start an argument here. I am not being condacending my intention is creating a thread where this stuff can be centralized because I would not want to create a new thread for every single story, by doing this it is all here for people to see, I am imploring you to simply give it a chance and please do not flame. Not proving a point, just placing the information here so that next time there is an argument this stuff is all right here.

These media savvy guys have just sliced another head off and have released the video on an Islamic webpage.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/ap/20040718/ap_on_re_mi_ea/saudi_beheading_video

And somewhat related in that it is about "holy warriors" some Palestinians are certainly teaching their kids the ways of peace.
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/040717/481/aem11207171327

A_Wanderer,

I think this is a good idea for a new thread. But you have to realize that when you start a thread in here that focuses on something other than bashing Bush or the United States, then you may face some criticism. There are plenty of threads that are spent attempting to Bash Bush or the United States, its time we had a thread that focused on the deeds of the "Freedom Fighters" in Iraq.

STING2 said:
A_Wanderer,

I think this is a good idea for a new thread. But you have to realize that when you start a thread in here that focuses on something other than bashing Bush or the United States, then you may face some criticism. There are plenty of threads that are spent attempting to Bash Bush or the United States, its time we had a thread that focused on the deeds of the "Freedom Fighters" in Iraq.

give it a rest.

there's a difference between debating partisan politics and posting stories on someone's beheading.

I liked it better when you talked about "verifiably disarm...etc.."

Look, I think that posting these stories here is worthwhile, can you give it a rest, if you are so damn annoyed by it then please start another thread to argue in, the events that are posted here are meant to help give context to the current situation and allow a greater understanding and eventually a better quality debate. Michael Moore for instance named the "uprising" as the time Iraqi "minutemen" took back their country, now if this is swallowed by some people I think that it is only right that the facts of the situation are on the table so either put up with it or take it somehwere else, please. I think that there are some people here who would like to post this stuff but don't feel that a single story is deserving of an entire thread, this is the ideal way to manage it and it should allow easy access to sources during any of the more passionate debates.

I am not accusing anybody in particular on this forum of anything and neither is Sting, it seems that we both feel that it is high time there was a place where we can catalogue many of the everyday abuses without having a dozen posters come down and accuse us of being warmongering neoconservative fools and then saying that we are trying to ignore the facts. I would be more than pleased of you started a thread about the abuses of US Troops and Iraqi police but please don't drag other arguments in here.

Last edited:
STING2 said:
A_Wanderer,

Please...we all know what's going on. It's absolutley condesending to even think that anyone who opposed this war or this administration's actions doesn't see this. It's insulting and flat out wrong. If you want to force feed the fear than go ahead, but this is a waste of a thread. We all know the horrific shit the terrorist are doing. The only thing you are doing is trying to justify the notion that anyone who protests this war and the actions of this administration are somehow "unAmerican" or "supporting" terrorist. This argument is stale.

I just read this one from Victor Davis Hanson in the National Review Online, brilliant piece discusses how history judges millitary mistakes. He uses the Normandy Invasion and subsequent 90 day shift inland as an example of a campaign where many mistakes were made and many lives were "needlessly wasted" but the objectives were acheived and it came out allright. I love the part where he reminds that in any 3 days of combat in Normany more soldiers where killed, captured and injured than the number in over a year in Iraq, very nice piece, I suggest people read it as it also helps contruct a better picture of what is going on as we speak or technically type.

http://www.nationalreview.com/hanson/hanson200407160827.asp

STING2 said:
I think this is a good idea for a new thread. But you have to realize that when you start a thread in here that focuses on something other than bashing Bush or the United States
I don't even bother to post unless I can bash Bush AND the United Stated in one sentence :up:

even though I agree that these stories don't get burried in the press at all I do think this thread might be a good idea

the tone of the first sentence alone was already condescending though
whether you meant to or not

Salome said:
I don't even bother to post unless I can bash Bush AND the United Stated in one sentence :up:

even though I agree that these stories don't get burried in the press at all I do think this thread might be a good idea

the tone of the first sentence alone was already condescending though
whether you meant to or not

Yeah it might be a good idea, but I have a hard time understanding the point of this thread. It's "Crime of the Terrorist", yet the last two links have nothing to do with the "crimes of terrorist". Condesending tone aside, so far it just doesn't make sence.

Back
Top Bottom