Creationism isn't Right

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
verte76 said:
I think that evolution is so amazing that only God could have done it. How's that for a compromise?
I think that is sticking an impossible concept onto a sound theory and think it has as little a place in classrooms as ID but I understand that it reconciles individual faith with the facts without having to look stupid.

verte76 said:
I think that evolution is so amazing that only God could have done it. How's that for a compromise?

Really, saying that God kickstarted the whole thing cannot be scientific. The only scientific part is the evolution.

God does not disprove science.

Science does not disprove God.

If someone had 100% perfect, solid proof that God did not exist, no one would believe in Him.

Likewise, if anyone had 100% perfect, solid proof that God does exist, there would be no need for faith and everyone would believe in Him.

Since proof does not exist on either side, threads such as this are mere speculation and are utterly pointless.

I find it interesting that so many Christians feel like they have to believe in six day Creation because "it shows God's power and who cares if we can't explain it" but yet couldn't consider that God might have NOT created the world in six days. . .but might have taken billions of years and conclude "it shows Gods power and who cares if we can't explain it. " Why is God totally able to create in six days but completely prevented from creating in any other way?

Because the Bible would be a horrible farse.

How's that for a blunt answer? :wink:

Last edited:
anitram said:

And I guess nobody is going to tell me whether all the disabled children out there are disabled due to their parents sinning.

That's just an incredibly dumbass statement made by those who believe in the cruel, wrathful God I do not believe in at all. Jesus healed ALL those who were sick. It didn't matter whether they had it from birth or not, and the Bible teaches that Jesus was God's perfect will manifest in human flesh, so what he did on earth was completely in God's will for mankind. Thus, to say that God would "punish" people by f*cking up their children because of their "sins" (which also have said to have been long washed away) is ridiculous nonsense.

Wow, I really hate ignorance. Especially from those claiming to believe in the same God I do. :banghead: Sometimes I wonder if these people even bother to pick up their Bible at all.

LemonMelon said:

Because the Bible would be a horrible farse.

How's that for a blunt answer? :wink:

Like many blunt answers, it's a little simplistic.

For the record, I remain, at least "nominally" a believer in the six day literal creation, largely for theological reasons (which I've already mentioned on this thread). For me to accept evolution as God's tool for creation I would have to have those theological concerns adequately addressed (I'm sure f folks like A_Wanderer are absolutely aghast that theological concerns could be given even more weight than the "hard, scientific" facts but there you are). However, I have no problem conceding that something--I couldn't say what--different than the literal discription in the first chapter of Genesis MAY have happened. If indeed that is the case that hardly makes the Bible a "horrible farce" in my mind.

We've read the Biblical account of Creation, determined we've got it all figured out and decided that any other possibility makes the whole book a farce? I don't know about that. . .

Back
Top Bottom