Creationism isn't Right

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
2861U2 said:

Ask the most admired religious scholars in the world, and they cant tell you with absolute certainty what parts are literal and which metaphorical. If person A wants to believe Jonah was actually in a fish, and person B believes it is a metaphor, neither is wrong, IMO.

Believe me, 99.9% would agree about the dragon...
2861U2 said:

Me deciding whether or not dragons actaully existed in the Bible is not that important to me. That is not a major factor in me being a Christian.

I do care about my faith and wrestle with issues all the time. I do think for myself, but I believe the teachings of Jesus Christ and the Word of God more than anything the world could ever teach me. But I do not spend weeks determining whether or not I think dinosaurs existed in the Bible. I dont believe it is that important.

You bring up the idea of research, which once again, I question. Research will not prove creationism or Christianity, folks.

I'm losing track of the idea of this thread. People who believe in creationism said why, and people who believe in evolution stated why. The latter crowd seems intent on getting the former crowd to prove creationism, which neither I nor anyone else can do. What do you want me to say? Can creationism be proven? No, of course not. Is there more scientific evidence reinforcing evolution as opposed to creationism? Yes, there sure is. I really dont get what you all want. This is turning into an assault on Christianity.

It's not becoming an attack on Christianity, it's become an attack on flawed thinking.

Many Christians know that their faith and science can coexist, that there is no contradicition.

You have to look at the concrete evidence that the world has offered you and see how it works with your faith.

Ignoring it, just makes one look ignorant.

INDY500 said:

Godzilla Vs The Thing (Mothra) 1964 is by far the best movie in the series. IMO

Remember Son of Godzilla? The baby Godzilla tried to make fire and only a puff of smoke would come out. It was so cute :wink:

INDY500 said:

Godzilla Vs The Thing (Mothra) 1964 is by far the best movie in the series. IMO

I agree that one was brilliant. :shh: I actually prefer Mothra over Godzilla. But Destroy all Monsters was so epic! It was exciting to see all his pals get together to defeat whatshisface.

hardyharhar said:

Remember Son of Godzilla? The baby Godzilla tried to make fire and only a puff of smoke would come out. It was so cute :wink:

Yeah, he had a name but I can't remember. If you live in the States or Canada, the original films have just been released on DVD in widescreen 2:35 with both the American versions and the original Japanese versions. Which differ in running length, content and tone.

unico said:

I agree that one was brilliant. :shh: I actually prefer Mothra over Godzilla. But Destroy all Monsters was so epic! It was exciting to see all his pals get together to defeat whatshisface.

King Ghidorah.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
It's not becoming an attack on Christianity, it's become an attack on flawed thinking.

Many Christians know that their faith and science can coexist, that there is no contradicition.

You have to look at the concrete evidence that the world has offered you and see how it works with your faith.

Ignoring it, just makes one look ignorant.

That about sums it up.

I'm Christian, a Catholic, but I have verrrrrrrrrry different beliefs from some Christians on this board. Faith is good until it has been proven wrong.

So many great lines from Godzilla, but one of my favorites is the discovery of the Trilobyte. "What is it? "A trilobyte, a 3 ring worm once thought to be extinct", "What does this mean?" "A fabulous discovery". Now just imagine all this with the japanese dubs. :giggle:

This may be my favorite hijacking of a thread ever.

Always wanted to see Godzilla Vs Gamera but alas, they are owned by different film studios and thus very unlikely to ever meet on screen.

INDY500 said:

Always wanted to see Godzilla Vs Gamera but alas, they are owned by different film studios and thus very unlikely to ever meet on screen.

Do you mean that the original Godzilla and these other classics aren't available right now?

INDY500 said:

is Gamera the big ugly turtle?? I saw one of those movies, it wasn't nearly as exciting. I'd watch "Godzilla's Revenge" over Gamera anyday.

hardyharhar said:
So many great lines from Godzilla, but one of my favorites is the discovery of the Trilobyte. "What is it? "A trilobyte, a 3 ring worm once thought to be extinct", "What does this mean?" "A fabulous discovery". Now just imagine all this with the japanese dubs. :giggle:

:giggle: my favorite quote has to be the entire intro song to Godzilla v. The Smog Monster.

Animals...God's Animals...
Don't go away, don't go!

hardyharhar said:

Do you mean that the original Godzilla and these other classics aren't available right now?

On DVD, just released in region 1. Previous releases were not widescreen and Japanese versions were just that, available only to Japanese audiences.
Back in the 60's American distributors, besides dubbing the films and replacing musical cues, cut them to better appeal to American audiences (less talk, native dances) and to fit on drive-in double bills.
So to see the original versions is a treat however fondly we might remember the American versions of our youth.

Love the avatar Indy :wink:

Used to eat dinner everynight watching those Gilligan re-runs. Use to know all the lines before they came up. Drove my family nuts :wink:

INDY500 said:

On DVD, just released in region 1. Previous releases were not widescreen and Japanese versions were just that, available only to Japanese audiences.
Back in the 60's American distributors, besides dubbing the films and replacing musical cues, cut them to better appeal to American audiences (less talk, native dances) and to fit on drive-in double bills.
So to see the original versions is a treat however fondly we might remember the American versions of our youth.

Now that I think about it, I haven't seen the Raymond Burr Godzilla in quite a while. What a shame.

So the version released now does not have Raymond Burr in it, or it's just cut differently?

I'm off guys. Gotta let my daughter have a go at the 'puter.

Nice meeting you all, it's been a blast :applaud:

I'm sure tomorrow the brawling will be continued :rolleyes:

2861U2 said:

This is turning into an assault on Christianity.

It is, although you aren't doing us any favors with your dragon shit, but why is it so hard for some to belive that an all powerful being can create outside of the laws of science?

Back
Top Bottom