Courtroom drama never looked this good

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My lasting memory of 'Gorgeous George' was during the last Scottish Parliament Election a couple of years back.

He was still a member of the Labour Party and whilst we (genuine Labour Party members) were working hard to get our MSPs elected he was sitting spouting forth from his villa in Portugal.

I doubt he was daft enough to take from Saddam but I have a loathing of the man and his very personal politics.

Not to mention his more recent outbursts on Arab Television, such as when he declared the criticism of Ken Livingstone over his defence of Qaradawi statements regarding hoosexuals to be a zionist plot perpetrated by an ex-mossad agent running MEMRI and announcing that the Crusaders would rot in hell at Fallujah. He talks the talk of Jihadists, plays up on the anti-semitism, oh sorry I mean anti-zionism card to get Muslim support, it is really no surprise that he won Bethnal Green.

God, you just reminded me of that time of him soaking up the sun during the Scottish elections oby! Grrrr :madspit:

He was pretty convincing lastnite tho' i must say - Listened to it on Talksport!

More than most politicians George will always come up smelling of roses as his priority is George.

I liked the read, thanks.

Have a look at the real Oil-for-Food scandal. Have a look at the 14 months you were in charge of Baghdad, the first 14 months when $8.8 billion of Iraq's wealth went missing on your watch. Have a look at Haliburton and other American corporations that stole not only Iraq's money, but the money of the American taxpayer.

Funny, funneling 21 billion dollars to a fascist dictator resulting in hundreds of thousands of deaths with the complicity of UN officials seems like a pretty big scandal :|

joyfulgirl said:
Did this get any coverage from mainstream media in the US?!

It did get some, in fairness. I think Fox showed some of the live testimony.

But I understand your point, 100% .:wink:

""As a matter of fact, I have met Saddam Hussein exactly the same number of times as Donald Rumsfeld met him. The difference is Donald Rumsfeld met him to sell him guns and to give him maps the better to target those guns. I met him to try and bring about an end to sanctions, suffering and war, and on the second of the two occasions, I met him to try and persuade him to let Dr Hans Blix and the United Nations weapons inspectors back into the country - a rather better use of two meetings with Saddam Hussein than your own Secretary of State for Defence made of his."

Oh, snap! :D

I don't know much about Mr Galloway's politics, but I quite enjoyed the read.

Back
Top Bottom