Could this be the END Times as we know it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Of course, 80s makes a nice case as well. I have too much of a headache to do any more Biblical research (I've been doing too many religion arguments lately
wink.gif
), so feel free to agree/disagree with what I wrote. The only reason I'm keeping it up is for the comments on Gnosticism and Arianism that may help others out...

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

Originally posted by 80sU2isBest:
... I believe that anyone who denies that Christ is God does not have the accurate picture of God, and are thereby presenting a false image of him in certain very important aspects.

Here is summery of JW's beliefs...
http://www.watchtower.org/library/jt/index.htm

and you will find that we do not deny anyone the fact that Jesus Christ is our savior.
However, Jesus Christ is not the God Almighty that EVERY Bible refers to in the Hebrew Scriptures.

It seems that you no longer are studying with the JWs...I sincerely hope you continue to accept our invitation to give answers from the Bible to ALL your questions.

z edge: Not voting in elections is being politically neutral.

We are now in the 'time of the end' Matt. 24:3-14; 2 Tim. 3:1-5; Luke 17:26-30

Originally posted by melon:
Of course, 80s makes a nice case as well. I have too much of a headache to do any more Biblical research (I've been doing too many religion arguments lately
wink.gif
), so feel free to agree/disagree with what I wrote. The only reason I'm keeping it up is for the comments on Gnosticism and Arianism that may help others out...
Melon
Hi Melon, thanks for the kind words again. However, I must disagree with you. Christ does indeed make claims that he is God. Not in those exact words, but:

I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in My Father's name, they bear witness of Me. But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you. My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand. I and My Father are one (vv.25-30).

and

In John chapter 14, Philip asked Jesus to show them the Father. His answer is an unmistakable claim to deity. He said, "He who has seen Me has seen the Father" (v.9), and "Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me?" (verse 10)

Last weekend it was winter storm warning/hazards, now tonight it is Severe t-storm/tornado warnings
confused.gif

Originally posted by z edge:
Last weekend it was winter storm warning/hazards, now tonight it is Severe t-storm/tornado warnings
confused.gif

EDIT: 2 hours later it's 36 degrees and
frigid
eek.gif

OOPs, I hit 'post reply' instead of 'edit reply'

[This message has been edited by z edge (edited 03-08-2002).]

Originally posted by 80sU2isBest:
I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in My Father's name, they bear witness of Me. But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you. My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand. I and My Father are one (vv.25-30).

and

In John chapter 14, Philip asked Jesus to show them the Father. His answer is an unmistakable claim to deity. He said, "He who has seen Me has seen the Father" (v.9), and "Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me?" (verse 10)

No...you are right. I agree with you on that. I guess the issue is the legitimacy of the entire Trinity--Father, Son, and Holy Spirit--rests on tradition, although if you can find a Biblical way to tie in the Holy Spirit, please do so.

Like I said, I've been doing too many religion arguments lately, and I really haven't researched this part enough to make a solid opinion on my own. However, in this instance, I agree with you.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

Back
Top Bottom