Convicted Child Killer Gets TV Job

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
Gee, I guess "have contacts in prison" is a good thing to have on one's resume. :tsk: I remember that case and that poor little girl :(

TV Job Awaits Convicted Child Killer

The Associated Press

NEW YORK Sept. 22 ?

Convicted child killer Joel Steinberg has a job as a television producer waiting when he's released from prison next summer after serving 17 years, his attorney said Monday.

Steinberg will work for "New York Confidential," an interview show on a local cable station, attorney Darnay Hoffman said.

"He has contacts in prison," Hoffman said, explaining that Steinberg, a disbarred lawyer, knows some of the state's most notorious criminals. "He knows how to go into a prison and get a story."

Steinberg, 62, is completing an 8-to-25-year prison term for manslaughter in the death of his illegally adopted daughter, Lisa, and is expected to be released next June.

In 1987, Steinberg fatally struck 6-year-old Lisa, the girl he had taken as a days-old infant from an unwed teenager. He was supposed to arrange an adoption, but instead took the baby home to his live-in companion, Hedda Nussbaum.

Steinberg left the unconscious child while he went out. Nussbaum stayed home with the first-grader but did nothing all night. An ambulance was called the next morning. The child died three days later.

The media has never been accused of having morals...
The FBI will do the same thing sometimes, hire criminals in order to get into the criminal mind and method.

Ah a local cable access show. The big time!

Nothing surprises me...

His ex wife used TV talk shows to redeem herself as the helpless victim, so I guess he'll use TV to his advantage too. :|

Oh for crying out loud. He served his fucking sentence. Either shut up and let him work, or you can write him a check to support him on welfare.

I don't like the guy either, but tell me what your alternative is for released prisoners.

Melon

Last edited:
I can not believe it has been seventeen years.

He was responsible for this child's death.

It seems it was not intentional.

We have a Senator that most believe is responsible for a young lady's death.

And we have someone sleeping in the Whitehouse who is guilty of vehicular manslaughter.

melon said:
Oh for crying out loud. He served his fucking sentence. Either shut up and let him work, or you can write him a check to support him on welfare.
this is what i was thinking too. he has supposedly been rehabilitated, the least we can do is give him a second chance. let him prove himself that he's been a changed man who's no longer capable of such a vicious crime. if he fails, then fine. then we gave him the second chance and then everyone can bitch and moan about them giving him the job, but until then, people need a job and he's no different than anyone else.

although i will admit i've never been convicted of manslaughter and yet the most i can find is a job that pays $6.50 and gives me 14 hours a week before i get taxed to death. go figure.

Back
Top Bottom