Conversion Tricks during Natural Disasters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AcrobatMan

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Song of the week "sentimental" by Porcupine Tree
"The villagers' torrent of angry words continued. "We have lost everything to the sea. They said they would help us if we followed their religion. What logic is this? Are they here to help us or change our religion?" The police couldn't cool their tempers.

"That is why it hurts us when others come and tell us that it was because of our God and our belief that we suffered. We won't let anyone exploit us when we are down," the panchayat members asserted." "

Okay here are the steps

1) Wait for a natural disaster to happen - earthquake or tsunami

2) Visit them for relief work funded by generous religious donations and tell them fabricated stories - tell them if they convert they would live safely forever.

3) Now isnt that VERY smart ?

AcrobatMan

I saw an article about this today . Very irritating, but sadly it happens every time. Many religious aid agencies don't do this, but the ones which do are scum.

Yeah, you have to be very careful about tarring all religious groups with one brush.

All the same, as a practical matter, this seems to be a poor way of winning converts. I'd guess that reactions like the one you cited are more common than "Oh? Let me hear more about this Jesus/Allah/other you speak of."

strannix said:
Yeah, you have to be very careful about tarring all religious groups with one brush.

Did I say it was for all religious groups ? I said this is one of the "smart" tricks that can be used for conversion. The FACT is this is happening !!!

strannix said:

a poor way

I disagree in the adjective used. I would prefer SMART or DISGUSTING...smart if you are on this side...and disgusting if you are on the other side...

strannix said:

Let me hear more about this Jesus/Allah/other you speak of."

Ok I will hear half of it before you give me relief stuff and half after that.

/sarcasm/

meaning I dont believe anyone( sane, rational) would ever say "hey i like this God ( different from one he believes in) " unless he wants some relief stuff
or seeks cheap publicity or he has a gun on his head !!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom