Conservative Christians put warning label on Spongebob video... - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
Register Premium Upgrade Blogs Gallery Arcade FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-22-2005, 10:26 PM   #91
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Macfistowannabe
God's design for marriage is well-defined in this statement. Do you REALLY think God DESIGNED MARRIAGE for two or more people in the same gender? If he did, there would be natural ways of procreation, now wouldn't there?

“Have you not read that from the beginning the Creator made them male and female,6 19:5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and will be united with his wife, and the two will become one flesh’?7 19:6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh.
Did you not read my post even those lines are one sided and don't even speak about the woman! Marriage is for two people who love each other. Procreation has nothing to do with it. If marriage was only about procreation God would not have designed sex to feel so damn good. We would procreate a much different way. Plus that lousy definition would result in couples who didn't want to or can't have kids, or older couples to not marry.

Old 01-22-2005, 10:27 PM   #92
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by shart1780
Yeah, I can't very well imagine God commanding us to marry and multiply throughout the Earth if he promoted homosexuality.
Then he wouldn't allow certain couples not to be allowed to have children either.

Old 01-22-2005, 10:28 PM   #93
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
Did you not read my post even those lines are one sided and don't even speak about the woman! Marriage is for two people who love each other. Procreation has nothing to do with it. If marriage was only about procreation God would not have designed sex to feel so damn good. We would procreate a much different way. Plus that lousy definition would result in couples who didn't want to or can't have kids, or older couples to not marry.
Typical liberal approach. All about the sex feeling good.
Old 01-22-2005, 10:33 PM   #94
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Typical liberal approach. All about the sex feeling good.
Now you are pissing me off with your "typical liberal" shit. Until you can actually make a real debate then honestly this isn't worth my time. You didn't even answer the rest of the post. If you ever want to be taken seriously in here then try to make a real argument for your side and quit making generalizations like this.
Old 01-23-2005, 12:39 AM   #95
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by DrTeeth
These Christian Conservative groups always crack me up!
You would not be laughing if you had one as president and lawmaker..
Old 01-23-2005, 01:09 AM   #96
Refugee

Local Time: 01:00 AM
Macfistowannabe; do you 'really' think that God 'designed' marriage solely for the purposes of pro-creation? That reads to me something more animal than human. After alll, animals don't need to be married in order to procreate - they do it anyway. I'm sure you'll agree that its more than just pro-creation when it comes to humans, and the 'typical liberal approach' which you seem to have cited must surely consider that, since it offers another approach from the usual specimens of pro-creation that we all are, if you read it your way.

Also, don't you find it remotely insulting for couples who decide not to have children, or, even worse, for couples who 'can't' have children?

There must be more to a human relationship than the ability to inseminate someone.

Ant.

P.S - Macfistowannabe, you were doing a lot better before that comment.
Gas smells awful; You might as well live.

Dorothy Parker, 'Resumé'
Old 01-23-2005, 01:15 AM   #97
Refugee

Oh, and while we're on the 'sacred topic of marriage' and how its looked upon in the Bible, I would like to refer some to the Decent Article on Gay Marriage, which I posted yesterday, which actually presented its case in a remotely civilzed manner. Its here somewhere, maybe on page number two.

shart1780; there are a lot of things that we, as a modern society, do with marriage that could be considered a sin according to the bible - the best example being divorce. However, last time I checked, divorcees are not afforded a second-rate existence.

Ant.

Dorothy Parker, 'Resumé'
Old 01-23-2005, 01:22 AM   #98
War Child

Wow, I'm getting so sick of the hate in here. I'm so tired of people pointing their fingers in the name of God. God loves me and I love God I can honestly care less anymore about the babbling bigots.
Old 01-23-2005, 01:36 AM   #99
Refugee

Do Miss America - thats all you'll ever need. As you may have noticed, FYM is just a miniature version of the world; we've got the same stuff here, too.

Ant.

Dorothy Parker, 'Resumé'
Old 01-23-2005, 01:57 AM   #100
War Child

Thank you.
Old 01-23-2005, 02:39 AM   #101
Jesus Online

Local Time: 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Anthony
Do Miss America - thats all you'll ever need. As you may have noticed, FYM is just a miniature version of the world; we've got the same stuff here, too.

Ant.
I disagree somewhat. FYM is an accute sample of the best and worst in this world. Polar opposites constantly knocking heads over God and politics. 2 things one should never discuss in polite or mixed company, according to the old social more.

Fuck christianity and it's hatred. Yes, all of you who claim to love and respect your fellow man as God intended. That's selective love. Convenience respect. As it does not cover everyone, does it? It takes a goddamn hide (pardon the pun) to assume ANYONE can or has an ability to proclaim what is best for someone else.
...Or worse, claim the idea is not theirs, but actually God's. Fuck that. God loves us all. It is humans who do not love all.
Old 01-23-2005, 03:23 AM   #102
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by shart1780

I was joking. I meant if a man was attracted to me causing him to be homosexual.

well, in that sentence, we see your understanding of homosexuality, or lack thereof. it's now impossible to take anything you say on that subject seriously.

i feel fairly certain saying that you are not good looking enough to "cause" someone to become homosexual.

thank you for playing.
Old 01-23-2005, 03:25 AM   #103
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
God's design for marriage is well-defined in this statement. Do you REALLY think God DESIGNED MARRIAGE for two or more people in the same gender? If he did, there would be natural ways of procreation, now wouldn't there?

what about infertile couples?

couples who choose not to have children?

post-menopausal women who get married or re-married?

none of these marriages have a thing to do with procreation, yet they're allowed to happen and receive equal and full blessings of the church.
Old 01-23-2005, 03:28 AM   #104
Blue Crack Supplier

note to self: read to the end of the thread before posting.
Old 01-23-2005, 05:43 AM   #105
ONE
love, blood, life

Interesting...so, because most complex organisms need a male and a female cell god instituted marriage?

Seriously now.....marriage has NOTHING to do with reproduction.