Conservative Christians put warning label on Spongebob video...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Macfistowannabe said:
God's design for marriage is well-defined in this statement. Do you REALLY think God DESIGNED MARRIAGE for two or more people in the same gender? If he did, there would be natural ways of procreation, now wouldn't there?

“Have you not read that from the beginning the Creator made them male and female,6 19:5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and will be united with his wife, and the two will become one flesh’?7 19:6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh.

Did you not read my post even those lines are one sided and don't even speak about the woman! Marriage is for two people who love each other. Procreation has nothing to do with it. If marriage was only about procreation God would not have designed sex to feel so damn good. We would procreate a much different way. Plus that lousy definition would result in couples who didn't want to or can't have kids, or older couples to not marry.

shart1780 said:
Yeah, I can't very well imagine God commanding us to marry and multiply throughout the Earth if he promoted homosexuality.

Then he wouldn't allow certain couples not to be allowed to have children either.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Did you not read my post even those lines are one sided and don't even speak about the woman! Marriage is for two people who love each other. Procreation has nothing to do with it. If marriage was only about procreation God would not have designed sex to feel so damn good. We would procreate a much different way. Plus that lousy definition would result in couples who didn't want to or can't have kids, or older couples to not marry.
Typical liberal approach. All about the sex feeling good.

Macfistowannabe said:
Typical liberal approach. All about the sex feeling good.

Now you are pissing me off with your "typical liberal" shit. Until you can actually make a real debate then honestly this isn't worth my time. You didn't even answer the rest of the post. If you ever want to be taken seriously in here then try to make a real argument for your side and quit making generalizations like this.

Macfistowannabe; do you 'really' think that God 'designed' marriage solely for the purposes of pro-creation? That reads to me something more animal than human. After alll, animals don't need to be married in order to procreate - they do it anyway. I'm sure you'll agree that its more than just pro-creation when it comes to humans, and the 'typical liberal approach' which you seem to have cited must surely consider that, since it offers another approach from the usual specimens of pro-creation that we all are, if you read it your way.

Also, don't you find it remotely insulting for couples who decide not to have children, or, even worse, for couples who 'can't' have children?

There must be more to a human relationship than the ability to inseminate someone.

Ant.

P.S - Macfistowannabe, you were doing a lot better before that comment.

Last edited:
Oh, and while we're on the 'sacred topic of marriage' and how its looked upon in the Bible, I would like to refer some to the Decent Article on Gay Marriage, which I posted yesterday, which actually presented its case in a remotely civilzed manner. Its here somewhere, maybe on page number two.

shart1780; there are a lot of things that we, as a modern society, do with marriage that could be considered a sin according to the bible - the best example being divorce. However, last time I checked, divorcees are not afforded a second-rate existence.

Ant.

Last edited:
Wow, I'm getting so sick of the hate in here. I'm so tired of people pointing their fingers in the name of God. God loves me and I love God I can honestly care less anymore about the babbling bigots.

Do Miss America - thats all you'll ever need. As you may have noticed, FYM is just a miniature version of the world; we've got the same stuff here, too.

Ant.

Last edited:
Anthony said:
Do Miss America - thats all you'll ever need. As you may have noticed, FYM is just a miniature version of the world; we've got the same stuff here, too.

Ant.

I disagree somewhat. FYM is an accute sample of the best and worst in this world. Polar opposites constantly knocking heads over God and politics. 2 things one should never discuss in polite or mixed company, according to the old social more.

Fuck christianity and it's hatred. Yes, all of you who claim to love and respect your fellow man as God intended. That's selective love. Convenience respect. As it does not cover everyone, does it? It takes a goddamn hide (pardon the pun) to assume ANYONE can or has an ability to proclaim what is best for someone else.
...Or worse, claim the idea is not theirs, but actually God's. Fuck that. God loves us all. It is humans who do not love all.

shart1780 said:

I was joking. I meant if a man was attracted to me causing him to be homosexual.

well, in that sentence, we see your understanding of homosexuality, or lack thereof. it's now impossible to take anything you say on that subject seriously.

i feel fairly certain saying that you are not good looking enough to "cause" someone to become homosexual.

thank you for playing.

Macfistowannabe said:
God's design for marriage is well-defined in this statement. Do you REALLY think God DESIGNED MARRIAGE for two or more people in the same gender? If he did, there would be natural ways of procreation, now wouldn't there?

what about infertile couples?

couples who choose not to have children?

post-menopausal women who get married or re-married?

none of these marriages have a thing to do with procreation, yet they're allowed to happen and receive equal and full blessings of the church.

Interesting...so, because most complex organisms need a male and a female cell god instituted marriage?

Seriously now.....marriage has NOTHING to do with reproduction.

Angie - I think I would agree with you on that. Even so, isn't 'that' a reflection of what we get in the real world?

Ant.

I do agree. I counter though, that in the more 'real' world we can hide in the anonimity and blandness of more moderate souls/thinkings/events? Hmm. Yes, it is very real in here, perhaps more concentrated is more accurate. Still real though.

Oh, I most certainly agree. In the real world we have the luxury of being as two-faced/polite (take your pick) as possible. We do tend to get confrontations here that some would probably never get out there, but that comes with the territory.

In a way, in that respect it is worse. I was just trying to cheer Do Miss America up in saying that God's love is more important than a debate forum, or the problems encountered in the real world.

Ant.

Last edited:
shart1780 said:
And please, don't call me hateful or any such nonsense. Just because I believe homosexuals are living in sin doesn't mean I hate them.

Claiming someone's entire life is sinful just because of who they happen to fall in love with IS hateful. It contributes to a climate where gay people are excluded, discriminated against and constantly made to feel like there's something wrong with them.

I'm so fucking tired of hearing people hide behind this "hate the sin, love the sinner" bollocks. How loving do you think it is to tell someone they're "living in sin" because they can't change their sexuality? How loving do you think it is to tell someone they should break up with a partner they love because their relationship is "sinful"? Sounds a lot more like hatred and cruelty to me.

indra said:

Just how does one go about casting someone into homosexuality?

*The mind boggles*

FizzingWhizzbees said:

Claiming someone's entire life is sinful just because of who they happen to fall in love with IS hateful. It contributes to a climate where gay people are excluded, discriminated against and constantly made to feel like there's something wrong with them.

I'm so fucking tired of hearing people hide behind this "hate the sin, love the sinner" bollocks. How loving do you think it is to tell someone they're "living in sin" because they can't change their sexuality? How loving do you think it is to tell someone they should break up with a partner they love because their relationship is "sinful"? Sounds a lot more like hatred and cruelty to me.

That is a pretty accurate summary. :up:

Last edited:
Anthony said:
Macfistowannabe; do you 'really' think that God 'designed' marriage solely for the purposes of pro-creation? That reads to me something more animal than human. After alll, animals don't need to be married in order to procreate - they do it anyway. I'm sure you'll agree that its more than just pro-creation when it comes to humans, and the 'typical liberal approach' which you seem to have cited must surely consider that, since it offers another approach from the usual specimens of pro-creation that we all are, if you read it your way.

Also, don't you find it remotely insulting for couples who decide not to have children, or, even worse, for couples who 'can't' have children?

There must be more to a human relationship than the ability to inseminate someone.

Ant.

P.S - Macfistowannabe, you were doing a lot better before that comment.

Thank you so much for your comments, Ant. As a childfree by choice woman I hate to think I am only worth the nature of my womb.

On-Topic: There is a huge difference between homosexuality and sexual immorality. Two gay people who love and cherish each other is a beautiful thing. Someone who cheats on a spouse or sleeps with someone to get a job, now that's sexual immorality.

And sometimes I think if Jesus were to show up today, some Christians would think he was a dirty, gay hippie and call the cops.

FizzingWhizzbees said:

Is this an effort to understand understand Christian belief, or is it a summary dismissal of Christian belief for what you believe is a summary dismissal of homosexuals?

shart1780 said:

Everything written in the Bible is of divine inspiration, if not, we may as well throw it in the trash.

Some have already done this figuratively,

converting it to "trash" by using it to defend / promote bigotry.

How is it hateful for me to believe someone is living a life of sin? I don't treat homosexuals any differently whatsoever. I socialize with plenty of homosexuals in a completely comfortable manner. I treat them the same as any person.

People constantly accuse me of being hateful for not being accepting. Since when did being accepting mean agreeing on every little thing? Never. I don't have to agree with the way people live their lives, and it's not unaccepting if I don't agree. It's unaccepting if I treat them badly because of it. I don't treat homosexuals any differently at all. They're people.

I have plenty of friends who are not saved. Heck, my two best friends aren't saved and they're my best buds. I don't wish bad things on unsaved people or stir up an unfriendly, unaccepting enviroment, I treat them as friends. Because THEY ARE my friends. It doesn't make me angry, it breaks my heart. The Bible says you will know if someone is saved by their fruits, and my friends basically have no fruit (I pray you don't misunderstand that LOL).

Don't think that just because I disagree with someone's lifestyle that I'll treat them badly. I hope the best for everyone and I want them to follow God's word because God tells us that it's the only way to Heaven. I don't think a child of God is doing anyone a favor by acting like everyone is ok and everyone is going to Heaven.

And I'm not ignorant enough to think I could cause someone to be homosexual. Like I said, it was a complete joke. Don't insult my intelligence.

Last edited:
nbcrusader said:
Is this an effort to understand understand Christian belief, or is it a summary dismissal of Christian belief for what you believe is a summary dismissal of homosexuals?

No, it's a condemnation of attitudes such as those expressed in this thread, which are nothing but homophobic hatred justified on religious grounds.

If you're so sure I'm misintrepreting Christian beliefs please do give your own interpretation.

I've stated it in other threads and point to a series of Scripture; all of which point to the same conclusion.

And your condemnation comes across as a summary dismissal ("nothing but").

shart1780 said:
I don't treat homosexuals any differently whatsoever.
Um denying them marriage isn't treating them differently?:huh:

shart1780 said:

Also, it is a fact that homosexuals are statistically more likely to have HIV, and that's a fact. Yes, more heterosexuals have HIV just because there's an overwhelmingly large amount of heterosexuals compared to homosexuals in this world. Percentage-wise though, it's not even close.

So what is your point in saying this?

Back
Top Bottom