Conservative Christians put warning label on Spongebob video...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dobson said something that a bunch of overly-paranoid christians misinterpreted and went into sheep-mode over. Then Dobson said they misunderstood and they changed their minds.

It makes the christian community look like a joke.

I've seen every single episode of Spongebob and I'll tell you, he doesn't act gay. It's just silly. Spongebob and Patrick are just two incredibly goofy characters who sometimes show feminine traits for the sake of hilarity. They show affection for eachother as two innocent children would.

Geez I wish these paranoid people would chill out.

Not that I support homosexuality or anything.

shart1780 said:

just what do you mean by this?

how does one support, or not support, homosexuality. seems that it has always existed, will always exist, so what's to support?

Good God,
Doesn't the Christian Right have something to do?
We need to give them chores to keep busy.
You never hear Jewish Groups or Tibetans etc. trying to tell everyone what to do.
Our world's a flaming mess and they are going after a cartoon?
Seriously folks.

I support homosexuality. I give to them every Christmas and buy their cookies when they come door to door.
Apparently from what I hear they are doing just fine without some of you.

shart1780 said:

Sometimes I think conservative Christians get a bad rap but then I read something like this and I realize no, they deserve the rap they get.

Your absolute insensitivity in this board amazes me.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Sometimes I think conservative Christians get a bad rap but then I read something like this and I realize no, they deserve the rap they get.

Your absolute insensitivity in this board amazes me.

:lmao:

well said.

In case you forgot, the Bible says homosexuality is a sin.

I'll show you the verses if you'd like, but I know alot of you don't really care what the Bible says.

And please, don't call me hateful or any such nonsense. Just because I believe homosexuals are living in sin doesn't mean I hate them.

Last edited:
shart1780 said:
In case you forgot, the Bible says homosexuality is a sin.

I'll show you the verses if you'd like, but I know alot of you don't really care what the Bible says.

And please, don't call me hateful or any such nonsense. Just because I believe homosexuals are living in sin doesn't mean I hate them.

Ok I'll quote myself since you never got around to answering me the first time...
You show me one piece of evidence where God or Jesus speaks about homosexualtly, not man, in the Bible and I'll believe you.

Are speaking of Leviticus, because read it in context and you'll realize that even eating shellfish is an abomination. Are you speaking about Paul? Show me one piece of evidence where God or Jesus backs up his claims. Please.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

I love how loving your fellow human and not casting them into a "life of sin" is a liberal thing. It should be a human thing.

I love my fellow human, I just hate sin. I didn't cast anyone into homosexuality (and I pray I never do).

Iskra said:
I support homosexuality. I give to them every Christmas and buy their cookies when they come door to door.
Apparently from what I hear they are doing just fine without some of you.

:lmao:

That's the funniest line of the night! And what a great image too...

shart1780 said:

I love my fellow human, I just hate sin. I didn't cast anyone into homosexuality (and I pray I never do).

No but you judge them as living a life of sin, when you haven't even proven that it is sin.

Do you hate all sin or just those that don't pertain to you?

shart1780 said:

Just how does one go about casting someone into homosexuality?

BonoVoxSupastar said:

No but you judge them as living a life of sin, when you haven't even proven that it is sin.

Do you hate all sin or just those that don't pertain to you?

I hate all sin, including the sin that pertains to me. I am judging them as living a life of sin. The Bible says for a christian to judge righteously, according to God's word:

Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

This is from Romans 1: 26-27

shart1780 said:

I hate all sin, including the sin that pertains to me. I am judging them as living a life of sin. The Bible says for a christian to judge righteously, according to God's word:

Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

This is from Romans 1: 26-27

I'm well aware of the verse, but unlike every other sin there is no collaboration from any other author, Jesus, or God. Every other sin was defined by God or Jesus himself. Why would this be the only sin solely defined by man? I don't believe in sin defined by man.

I'd say Soddom and Gomorrah was pretty definitive on God's part.

I also know Paul (the author of that verse) was dearly beloved in Jesus' eyes. Everything written in the Bible is of divine inspiration, if not, we may as well throw it in the trash.

Last edited:
BVS: How do you interpret Matthew 19?

19:4 He answered, “Have you not read that from the beginning the Creator made them male and female,6 19:5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and will be united with his wife, and the two will become one flesh’?7 19:6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.” 19:7 They said to him, “Why then did Moses command us to give a certificate of dismissal and to divorce her?”8 19:8 Jesus9 said to them, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because of your hard hearts,10 but from the beginning it was not this way. 19:9 Now I say to you that whoever divorces his wife, except for immorality, and marries another commits adultery.” 19:10 The11 disciples said to him, “If this is the case of a husband with a wife, it is better not to marry!” 19:11 He12 said to them, “Not everyone can accept this statement, except those to whom it has been given. 19:12 For there are some eunuchs who were that way from birth,13 and some who were made eunuchs14 by others,15 and some who became eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who is able to accept this should accept it.”

shart1780 said:
I'd say Soddom and Gomorrah was pretty definitive on God's part.

I also know Paul (the author of that verse) was dearly beloved in Jesus' eyes. Everyting written in the Bible is of divine inspiration, if not, we may as wll throw it in the trash.

Soddom and Gomorrah has been very extensively debated in here. It was not about homosexuality it was about sexual immorrality. I won't go into it again but if you'd like please read some of Dreadsox's post about it.

Macfistowannabe said:
BVS: How do you interpret Matthew 19?

19:4 He answered, “Have you not read that from the beginning the Creator made them male and female,6 19:5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and will be united with his wife, and the two will become one flesh’?7 19:6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.” 19:7 They said to him, “Why then did Moses command us to give a certificate of dismissal and to divorce her?”8 19:8 Jesus9 said to them, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because of your hard hearts,10 but from the beginning it was not this way. 19:9 Now I say to you that whoever divorces his wife, except for immorality, and marries another commits adultery.” 19:10 The11 disciples said to him, “If this is the case of a husband with a wife, it is better not to marry!” 19:11 He12 said to them, “Not everyone can accept this statement, except those to whom it has been given. 19:12 For there are some eunuchs who were that way from birth,13 and some who were made eunuchs14 by others,15 and some who became eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who is able to accept this should accept it.”

You've asked me this before and I will not go into it again, except to say this example speaks of only ONE scenario. There's no mention of a woman leaving her parents, no mention if women divorce, etc so are we to take from that if women leave their parents first it's sin, or if a woman divorces due to her husband infedelity then it's sin? I don't think so.

God's design for marriage is well-defined in this statement. Do you REALLY think God DESIGNED MARRIAGE for two or more people in the same gender? If he did, there would be natural ways of procreation, now wouldn't there?

“Have you not read that from the beginning the Creator made them male and female,6 19:5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and will be united with his wife, and the two will become one flesh’?7 19:6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh.

Back
Top Bottom