Congratulations To All Bush Supporters.. - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-02-2005, 06:04 PM   #61
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 38,358
Local Time: 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MaxFisher


Well I hope Condi runs and proves you wrong.
I wish she would, it's just that I'm a realist. And I see how much sexism and racism is still very much alive. Even here in FYM.
__________________

__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 11-02-2005, 06:06 PM   #62
War Child
 
MaxFisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 776
Local Time: 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
Dude you just don't get it do you? She's belittling the socially backwards people that vote in this country. Get over yourself.
Geez chill out.

I thought her original post came off condescendingly. Irvine explained what she meant. I misread her comment. Sorry.
__________________

__________________
MaxFisher is offline  
Old 11-02-2005, 06:10 PM   #63
Blue Crack Addict
 
nbcrusader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 22,070
Local Time: 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by anitram


You've got to be drinking too much of your KoolAid if you think a black woman could win in 2008. Well, one whose name isn't Oprah anyway.

Nice dream.
Is the implication that conservative (who face a presumption of being bigots) would not rally around an African American women?

Or that the US electorate as a whole (red & blue) would reject the concept of an African American women for president?
__________________
nbcrusader is offline  
Old 11-02-2005, 06:12 PM   #64
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 15,625
Local Time: 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader


Is the implication that conservative (who face a presumption of being bigots) would not rally around an African American women?

Or that the US electorate as a whole (red & blue) would reject the concept of an African American women for president?
A variation of the latter. The electorate as a whole would not reject it, but I think a black woman (actually, a woman period) would not be able to get the votes she needs to be elected in 2008. So a large enough segment of the electorate to make a difference, yeah.
__________________
anitram is offline  
Old 11-02-2005, 06:15 PM   #65
War Child
 
MaxFisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 776
Local Time: 05:58 AM
Condi is first or tied for first amongst republican voters in Iowa and Florida when asked whom they most would most like the see on the ballot in '08 . I think conservative voters would rally around her.

As far as the electorate at large....yes....but that's for another forum.
__________________
MaxFisher is offline  
Old 11-02-2005, 06:18 PM   #66
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 38,358
Local Time: 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MaxFisher
Condi is first or tied for first amongst republican voters in Iowa and Florida when asked whom they most would most like the see on the ballot in '08 . I think conservative voters would rally around her.

As far as the electorate at large....yes....but that's for another forum.
Let's remember Kerry was winning in all the polls up until the day of the election.
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 11-02-2005, 06:20 PM   #67
Blue Crack Addict
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 29,705
Local Time: 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MaxFisher
Condi is first or tied for first amongst republican voters in Iowa and Florida when asked whom they most would most like the see on the ballot in '08 . I think conservative voters would rally around her.

As far as the electorate at large....yes....but that's for another forum.


brings up an interesting thought: do you think that they support her because they think she'd be good, or that they think she'd win because liberals -- reflexive to always give a woman or minority, or better, a minority woman, the benefit of the doubt as evidenced in their support of affirmative action -- would feel that to simply vote against her would be racist? that Republicans can manipulate race and gender against liberals in a sort of metaphysical, poltical judo? that she becomes almost unassailable because any criticism of her would become racism and sexism, like they tried, at the very end, to do with Harriet Miers? and Clarence Thomas's "high tech lynching"?
__________________
Irvine511 is online now  
Old 11-02-2005, 06:26 PM   #68
War Child
 
MaxFisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 776
Local Time: 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511
brings up an interesting thought: do you think that they support her because they think she'd be good, or that they think she'd win because liberals -- reflexive to always give a woman or minority, or better, a minority woman, the benefit of the doubt as evidenced in their support of affirmative action -- would feel that to simply vote against her would be racist? that Republicans can manipulate race and gender against liberals in a sort of metaphysical, poltical judo? that she becomes almost unassailable because any criticism of her would become racism and sexism, like they tried, at the very end, to do with Harriet Miers? and Clarence Thomas's "high tech lynching"?
They'd support her because her credentials are immpecable and she's an extremely intelligent individual. I think Hillary will run against her and will take the liberal vote. I do think that the african american population would vote for Condi 9 out of 10 times over Hillary. My main concern is the south. However I think Condi's pro gun stance , evangelical roots, and the fact that she is from Alabama would win over southern voters.
__________________
MaxFisher is offline  
Old 11-02-2005, 06:38 PM   #69
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 38,358
Local Time: 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MaxFisher


They'd support her because her credentials are immpecable and she's an extremely intelligent individual.
She is, and this is all true. But as GWB has proven, none of these really worry the Republican party that much.
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 11-02-2005, 06:39 PM   #70
Blue Crack Addict
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 29,705
Local Time: 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar


She is, and this is all true. But as GWB has proven, none of these really worry the Republican party that much.


zing!
__________________
Irvine511 is online now  
Old 11-02-2005, 06:42 PM   #71
Refugee
 
unosdostres14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: ogacihC
Posts: 1,558
Local Time: 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MaxFisher


They'd support her because her credentials are immpecable and she's an extremely intelligent individual. I think Hillary will run against her and will take the liberal vote. I do think that the african american population would vote for Condi 9 out of 10 times over Hillary. My main concern is the south. However I think Condi's pro gun stance , evangelical roots, and the fact that she is from Alabama would win over southern voters.
Yeah her credentials are incredible. She really showed a lot of poise when she was Nat'l Security Advisor. I thought it was brilliant when she said that a memo she received had "historical information based on old reporting. There was no new threat information."

Oh by the way....the memo was entitled BIN LADEN DETERMINED TO STRIKE WITHIN US. Let's thank Condi for not taking the intiative to get more information about this threat and act upon it. The people of New York, America really appreciate it.




I can't believe that you get offended when someone says its not realistic for an African-American to be President, but then assert that 9 out of 10 African-Americans would vote for her because she is also African-American. That's not only a complete bullshit statistic that has no scientific/statistical merit, but is very offensive to the intelligence of the African-Americans who choose to take part in the political process.
__________________
unosdostres14 is offline  
Old 11-02-2005, 06:48 PM   #72
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,317
Local Time: 09:58 PM
condi sucks big time

she is worthless

and is just part of the Bush Admin's tokenism


Powell had some heft

but got pushed out by the slimy neo-cons

and he admits he got rode hard
and disposed of
with the phony evidence for war

condi was asleep at the switch
or just plain incompetent during 9-11


i am sure with the current oil profits there is a new tanker waiting to be christened "condi II"
__________________
deep is online now  
Old 11-02-2005, 07:00 PM   #73
ONE
love, blood, life
 
melon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 11,763
Local Time: 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MaxFisher
They'd support her because her credentials are immpecable and she's an extremely intelligent individual. I think Hillary will run against her and will take the liberal vote. I do think that the african american population would vote for Condi 9 out of 10 times over Hillary. My main concern is the south. However I think Condi's pro gun stance , evangelical roots, and the fact that she is from Alabama would win over southern voters.
Well, if people are willing to believe Richard Clarke's book on the Bush Administration's failure to take terrorism seriously before 9/11, Condi Rice was actually the only figure that Clarke wrote favorably about. She took his claims seriously, while everyone from Cheney to Ashcroft et al. brushed his claims off. It is to be remembered, after all, that, prior to 9/11, the obsession was with high-tech missile defense, not low-tech terrorism.

Melon
__________________
melon is offline  
Old 11-02-2005, 07:07 PM   #74
Blue Crack Addict
 
joyfulgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 16,567
Local Time: 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by melon


Well, if people are willing to believe Richard Clarke's book on the Bush Administration's failure to take terrorism seriously before 9/11, Condi Rice was actually the only figure that Clarke wrote favorably about. She took his claims seriously, while everyone from Cheney to Ashcroft et al. brushed his claims off. It is to be remembered, after all, that, prior to 9/11, the obsession was with high-tech missile defense, not low-tech terrorism.

Melon
I was thinking the same thing. I can't help but wonder what she'd be like if she weren't caught up in Bush's madness.
__________________
joyfulgirl is offline  
Old 11-02-2005, 07:28 PM   #75
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,317
Local Time: 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by melon


It is to be remembered, after all, that, prior to 9/11, the obsession was with high-tech missile defense, not low-tech terrorism.

Melon
the obsession was with a 1.7 trillion tax cut that favors the very wealthy

and then it was nappy time, at the ranch
__________________

__________________
deep is online now  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com