Congratulations To All Bush Supporters.. - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-02-2005, 05:32 PM   #46
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MaxFisher

1. Conjecture.

2. I wasn't saying the tragedy in New Orleans wasn't serious. My point was that it wasn't the sole fault of Bush. Many circumstances played a part there.

3. Funny how you leave out any positives. Considering what the war has accomplished so far -- the destruction of the region's bloodiest dictatorship, the liberation of 25 million Iraqis, the emergence of democratic politics, the withdrawal of Syrian troops from Lebanon, the abandonment by Libya of its nuclear weapons program.

4. I traveled in Latin America last month and wasn't harrassed once because I was an american.

1. David Souter; Sandra Day O'Connor

2. of course it's not the soul fault of Bush, but it is the fault of the inability of Republicans to govern and also a direct result of how Bush uses his office -- to appoint cronies and yes-men who will help him consolidate his power and build something of a dynasty

3. while i think the end of SH was a good thing, the manner in which it was done has not resulted in the kind of liberation the Iraqis deserve, nor do things look particularly good for the future. do you really think that "shock and awe" are the best ways of going about winning people over to democracy? the decision to pursue "shock and awe" and a unilateral attack came as a direct result of the most powerful men in the administration who were more concerned with pushing an agenda, flaunting the awesome military power of the US in the face of the world, "creating" reality, and attempting to put into action Rumsfeld's fantasy of light shock troops who can take out dictatorships (or simply people we don't like) anywhere in the world. the result, of course, was the total absence of any sort of post-war planning -- but, hey, as Rummy says, "stuff happens." yeah, stuff happens when the hard-on bombing brown people gives you clouds your post-war management skills.

4. anecdotal, but i'll believe you. i haven't been abroad in a while, but the stories i hear out of europe and even korea are unpleasant

Old 11-02-2005, 05:35 PM   #47
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

For sure!

I am going to order my "Run Condi Run" bumper sticker this week.
I think she's unbeatable!

Condi, at least, has a brain.

Bush is a campaigner, who can't be bothered with the detail-work required for governing.

there are some GOP people out there i have time for.

Bush is an absolute horror of a human being and easily the worst president of this century, perhaps ever. the man condones fucking torture. he's representative of all that's wrong with the still-entrenched WASP power structure in this country, and has more in common with a landed, inbred 18th century aristocratic lords than with a country that is supposed to be the closest thing to a meritocracy in the world.

Old 11-02-2005, 05:36 PM   #48
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:07 AM
Quote:

1. Conjecture.
Actually no, there was an article posted in here awhile back that went through step by step how many conservative judges haved changed.
Quote:

2. I wasn't saying the tragedy in New Orleans wasn't serious. My point was that it wasn't the sole fault of Bush. Many circumstances played a part there.
I don't think anyone claims sole fault lies with Bush, but to sit back and shrug your shoulders and say, "no big deal he wasn't the only one" is blinding and irresponsible.
Quote:

3. Funny how you leave out any positives. Considering what the war has accomplished so far -- the destruction of the region's bloodiest dictatorship, the liberation of 25 million Iraqis, the emergence of democratic politics,
Future can only tell how this "liberation" will play out, but one can say without a doubt a poorly planned war indeed.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:39 PM   #49
War Child

Local Time: 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

1. David Souter; Sandra Day O'Connor

2. of course it's not the soul fault of Bush, but it is the fault of the inability of Republicans to govern and also a direct result of how Bush uses his office -- to appoint cronies and yes-men who will help him consolidate his power and build something of a dynasty

3. while i think the end of SH was a good thing, the manner in which it was done has not resulted in the kind of liberation the Iraqis deserve, nor do things look particularly good for the future. do you really think that "shock and awe" are the best ways of going about winning people over to democracy? the decision to pursue "shock and awe" and a unilateral attack came as a direct result of the most powerful men in the administration who were more concerned with pushing an agenda, flaunting the awesome military power of the US in the face of the world, "creating" reality, and attempting to put into action Rumsfeld's fantasy of light shock troops who can take out dictatorships (or simply people we don't like) anywhere in the world. the result, of course, was the total absence of any sort of post-war planning -- but, hey, as Rummy says, "stuff happens." yeah, stuff happens when the hard-on bombing brown people gives you clouds your post-war management skills.

4. anecdotal, but i'll believe you. i haven't been abroad in a while, but the stories i hear out of europe and even korea are unpleasant

1. Scalia, Thomas

2. Besides Brown, what other Bush "cronies" are you aware of whose inept actions are causing irrefutable harm to America?

3. Rome wasn't built in a day and neither will the democrazation of the middle east. Yes there are set back and missteps. However democracy is gaining a foot hold. Natan Sharansky's "The Case for Democracy" has really convinced my thinking on this topic.

4. Anecdotal yes, but I assure you I'm not lying.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:43 PM   #50
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I am going to order my "Run Condi Run" bumper sticker this week.
I think she's unbeatable!
You've got to be drinking too much of your KoolAid if you think a black woman could win in 2008. Well, one whose name isn't Oprah anyway.

Nice dream.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:45 PM   #51
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by anitram

You've got to be drinking too much of your KoolAid if you think a black woman could win in 2008. Well, one whose name isn't Oprah anyway.

Nice dream.

What do you have against black people?
Old 11-02-2005, 05:47 PM   #52
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

1. Scalia, Thomas

2. Besides Brown, what other Bush "cronies" are you aware of whose inept actions are causing irrefutable harm to America?

3. Rome wasn't built in a day and neither will the democrazation of the middle east. Yes there are set back and missteps. However democracy is gaining a foot hold. Natan Sharansky's "The Case for Democracy" has really convinced my thinking on this topic.

4. Anecdotal yes, but I assure you I'm not lying.

1. both were deemed to be conservative, and have pretty much been; my examples were deemed to be conservative, and have been much more liberal than thought

2. Lester Crawford; Cheryl Haplern; Mark McClellan; Julie Myers; Alberto Gonzales; Joe Allbaugh; Halliburtonl; Shaw Group; Bechtel

3. Rome wasn't built in a day, but at least they had a plan.

4. i hope you had a great time. (i really do)
Old 11-02-2005, 05:52 PM   #53
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Yeah, you're just brilliant at making inferences.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:52 PM   #54
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

She didn't say that.

Take a look at the Supreme Court, how many women, how many minorities? We still argue affirmative action, why? Advantages are still there for white men, why? There is still racism and sexism. We've taken steps backwards socially in the last few years. There is no way in 2008 that this will have changed enough.

This is all I will say for it's off topic and we've had seperate threads for this discussion.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:53 PM   #55
War Child

Quote:

Nice dream.
The more I consider what you wrote the more offended I am by it.

I try to judge a candidates merits and chances of winning by what they stand for and how well they communicate that message to the american people. Not on the color of their skin.

Nice Dream? Yes it is nice. It's MLK's dream. Which Clinton illustrated beautifully in his speech today.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:54 PM   #56
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
Actually no, there was an article posted in here awhile back that went through step by step how many conservative judges haved changed.
Two words: Earl Warren

The conservative governor from California created the "legislate from the bench" phenomenon.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:56 PM   #57
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

The more I consider what you wrote the more offended I am by it.

I try to judge a candidates merits and chances of winning by what they stand for and how well they communicate that message to the american people. Not on the color of their skin.

Nice Dream? Yes it is nice. It's MLK's dream. Which Clinton illustrated beautifully in his speech today.

i think the point she's making is that while you might do that, much of the rest of the country doesn't.

i am dating someone from a very rural part of a very red state. the only crime worse than being gay in his family is getting knocked up by a black guy.

now, his family has someone to dislike more than him.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:56 PM   #58
War Child

Quote:
Yeah, you're just brilliant at making inferences.
What else can I infer from someone belittling an African American's chances.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:00 PM   #59
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
There is no way in 2008 that this will have changed enough.
Well I hope Condi runs and proves you wrong.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:01 PM   #60
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

What else can I infer from someone belittling an African American's chances.
Dude you just don't get it do you? She's belittling the socially backwards people that vote in this country. Get over yourself.