Congratulations To All Bush Supporters.. - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-02-2005, 01:45 PM   #31
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MaxFisher

Scooter? Big deal. Not Rove or Cheney like all the democrats were salivating for.

it's just gettting started.

Cheney is in the crosshairs.

Old 11-02-2005, 03:40 PM   #32
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:43 PM
Quote:

Scooter? Big deal. Not Rove or Cheney like all the democrats were salivating for.
you do realize that Cheney, Rove and Scooter

had broken out the K-Y and were in the mist of a wild three way.

dna evidence will prove this out

Old 11-02-2005, 03:41 PM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie

:middlefinger:

to this thread.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:41 PM   #34
Blue Crack Addict

The naivete, and even some of the sheer brutish idiocy of those "suggestions" absolutely terrifies me.

If that's a true cross-section of the Great American Public, then we're all fucked.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:50 PM   #35
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:43 AM
I love this shit

Old 11-02-2005, 04:16 PM   #36
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC
The naivete, and even some of the sheer brutish idiocy of those "suggestions" absolutely terrifies me.

If that's a true cross-section of the Great American Public, then we're all fucked.
Because you've been "fucked" how, so far?

Sting just raised the big "W" piñata - everyone wants a swing.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:51 PM   #37
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:43 AM
Quote:

Scripted interviews with soldiers?!?!??!! OH NO!!! How will the US survive?!?!??!

Harriet Miers not confirmed? OH NO!!! DOOM and CHAOS for America!!

Disaster in New Orleans?! Yep!...ALL Mike Brown's fault. And therefore inept decision making by Bush.

Sounds like my drunk uncle who when told he was a horrible father, responds by saying well atleast they're still alive.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:58 PM   #38
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

Sounds like my drunk uncle who when told he was a horrible father, responds by saying well atleast they're still alive.

Well, maybe lol isn't quite the right response...
Old 11-02-2005, 05:02 PM   #39
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl

Well, maybe lol isn't quite the right response...
No, LOL is fine.

My uncle is sad, but the analogy is spot on and it can be laughed at.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:14 PM   #40
War Child

Local Time: 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

My point was that nothing of serious consequence can be attributed to Bush's personal "indept decision making".

In the mean time, Bush contiunes to establish his agenda both in the middle east and with the confirmation and pending confirmation of two VERY conservative supreme court justices.

But hey....keep drinking the "Bush administration is about to collapse" Kool-Aid.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:19 PM   #41
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

My point was that nothing of serious consequence can be attributed to Bush's personal "indept decision making".

In the mean time, Bush contiunes to establish his agenda both in the middle east and with the confirmation and pending confirmation of two VERY conservative supreme court justices.

But hey....keep drinking the "Bush administration is about to collapse" Kool-Aid.

you're right about the supreme court justices, but judges usually turn out to be MUCH more liberal than originally thought.

i suppose the (in)action in response to Hurricane Katrina wasn't of serious consequence since it was just a bunch of poor people who suffered. black and white. but mostly black.

as for the Middle East ... well, the violence keeps getting worse, we may soon have a civil war on our hands, and pretty much the only thing we can do is adopt a policy of Iraqification -- i.e., Vietnamization -- so that Iraqis will be the only ones getting killed, instead of just the majority of the people getting killed. Bush's dream of permanant bases should and probably will be dropped, and what will probably happen is the ascention of a strongman who is somewhere between Putin and Hussein himself will step in and tip his hat towards the Iraqi constituition while consolidating his power with authoritarian techniques.

meanwhile, we've shattered our international reputation and credibility making it harder to deal with Iran and N. Korea, we've angered an entire generation of Muslims, left us an absolute mountain of debt that all of us will have to pay off (i know you're under 50), and pretty much made traveling outside the US an unpleasant experience because everyone hates us.

if you're proud of that, well, i don't know what to say.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:26 PM   #42
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

you're right about the supreme court justices, but judges usually turn out to be MUCH more liberal than originally thought.

i suppose the (in)action in response to Hurricane Katrina wasn't of serious consequence since it was just a bunch of poor people who suffered. black and white. but mostly black.

as for the Middle East ... well, the violence keeps getting worse, we may soon have a civil war on our hands, and pretty much the only thing we can do is adopt a policy of Iraqification -- i.e., Vietnamization -- so that Iraqis will be the only ones getting killed, instead of just the majority of the people getting killed. Bush's dream of permanant bases should and probably will be dropped, and what will probably happen is the ascention of a strongman who is somewhere between Putin and Hussein himself will step in and tip his hat towards the Iraqi constituition while consolidating his power with authoritarian techniques.

meanwhile, we've shattered our international reputation and credibility making it harder to deal with Iran and N. Korea, we've angered an entire generation of Muslims, left us an absolute mountain of debt that all of us will have to pay off (i know you're under 50), and pretty much made traveling outside the US an unpleasant experience because everyone hates us.

if you're proud of that, well, i don't know what to say.

1. Conjecture.

2. I wasn't saying the tragedy in New Orleans wasn't serious. My point was that it wasn't the sole fault of Bush. Many circumstances played a part there.

3. Funny how you leave out any positives. Considering what the war has accomplished so far -- the destruction of the region's bloodiest dictatorship, the liberation of 25 million Iraqis, the emergence of democratic politics, the withdrawal of Syrian troops from Lebanon, the abandonment by Libya of its nuclear weapons program.

4. I traveled in Latin America last month and wasn't harrassed once because I was an american.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:28 PM   #43
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Never said anything about collapse.

But how in the hell can you say nothing of serious consequence can be attributed to Bush's decisions?

We have weakened international ties. Not only was Katrina a fucking mess, but we also found out he's appointing friends who aren't qualified. He had to have his crony pull herself out in order not to embarass himself any further. Indictments all throughout his party. He's losing support of his vocal backers and the voters.

But if you want to convince yourself, this is the America we need, then go ahead and pat yourself on the back.

I on the otherhand ask a little more from my president.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:30 PM   #44
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
It comes in a "GOP-controlled White House in 2008" flavor as well.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:31 PM   #45
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
It comes in a "GOP-controlled White House in 2008" flavor as well.
For sure!

I am going to order my "Run Condi Run" bumper sticker this week.
I think she's unbeatable!