Congratulations To All Bush Supporters..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MaxFisher said:

Scooter? Big deal. Not Rove or Cheney like all the democrats were salivating for.

you do realize that Cheney, Rove and Scooter

had broken out the K-Y and were in the mist of a wild three way.

dna evidence will prove this out

The naivete, and even some of the sheer brutish idiocy of those "suggestions" absolutely terrifies me.

If that's a true cross-section of the Great American Public, then we're all fucked.

DaveC said:
The naivete, and even some of the sheer brutish idiocy of those "suggestions" absolutely terrifies me.

If that's a true cross-section of the Great American Public, then we're all fucked.

Because you've been "fucked" how, so far?

Sting just raised the big "W" piñata - everyone wants a swing.

MaxFisher said:

Scripted interviews with soldiers?!?!??!! OH NO!!! How will the US survive?!?!??!

Harriet Miers not confirmed? OH NO!!! DOOM and CHAOS for America!!

Disaster in New Orleans?! Yep!...ALL Mike Brown's fault. And therefore inept decision making by Bush.

Scooter? Big deal. Not Rove or Cheney like all the democrats were salivating for.

Sounds like my drunk uncle who when told he was a horrible father, responds by saying well atleast they're still alive.:|

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Sounds like my drunk uncle who when told he was a horrible father, responds by saying well atleast they're still alive.:|

:lol:

Well, maybe lol isn't quite the right response... :reject:

BonoVoxSupastar said:

My point was that nothing of serious consequence can be attributed to Bush's personal "indept decision making".

In the mean time, Bush contiunes to establish his agenda both in the middle east and with the confirmation and pending confirmation of two VERY conservative supreme court justices.

But hey....keep drinking the "Bush administration is about to collapse" Kool-Aid.

MaxFisher said:

My point was that nothing of serious consequence can be attributed to Bush's personal "indept decision making".

In the mean time, Bush contiunes to establish his agenda both in the middle east and with the confirmation and pending confirmation of two VERY conservative supreme court justices.

But hey....keep drinking the "Bush administration is about to collapse" Kool-Aid.

you're right about the supreme court justices, but judges usually turn out to be MUCH more liberal than originally thought.

i suppose the (in)action in response to Hurricane Katrina wasn't of serious consequence since it was just a bunch of poor people who suffered. black and white. but mostly black.

as for the Middle East ... well, the violence keeps getting worse, we may soon have a civil war on our hands, and pretty much the only thing we can do is adopt a policy of Iraqification -- i.e., Vietnamization -- so that Iraqis will be the only ones getting killed, instead of just the majority of the people getting killed. Bush's dream of permanant bases should and probably will be dropped, and what will probably happen is the ascention of a strongman who is somewhere between Putin and Hussein himself will step in and tip his hat towards the Iraqi constituition while consolidating his power with authoritarian techniques.

meanwhile, we've shattered our international reputation and credibility making it harder to deal with Iran and N. Korea, we've angered an entire generation of Muslims, left us an absolute mountain of debt that all of us will have to pay off (i know you're under 50), and pretty much made traveling outside the US an unpleasant experience because everyone hates us.

if you're proud of that, well, i don't know what to say.

Irvine511 said:

you're right about the supreme court justices, but judges usually turn out to be MUCH more liberal than originally thought.

i suppose the (in)action in response to Hurricane Katrina wasn't of serious consequence since it was just a bunch of poor people who suffered. black and white. but mostly black.

as for the Middle East ... well, the violence keeps getting worse, we may soon have a civil war on our hands, and pretty much the only thing we can do is adopt a policy of Iraqification -- i.e., Vietnamization -- so that Iraqis will be the only ones getting killed, instead of just the majority of the people getting killed. Bush's dream of permanant bases should and probably will be dropped, and what will probably happen is the ascention of a strongman who is somewhere between Putin and Hussein himself will step in and tip his hat towards the Iraqi constituition while consolidating his power with authoritarian techniques.

meanwhile, we've shattered our international reputation and credibility making it harder to deal with Iran and N. Korea, we've angered an entire generation of Muslims, left us an absolute mountain of debt that all of us will have to pay off (i know you're under 50), and pretty much made traveling outside the US an unpleasant experience because everyone hates us.

if you're proud of that, well, i don't know what to say.

1. Conjecture.

2. I wasn't saying the tragedy in New Orleans wasn't serious. My point was that it wasn't the sole fault of Bush. Many circumstances played a part there.

3. Funny how you leave out any positives. Considering what the war has accomplished so far -- the destruction of the region's bloodiest dictatorship, the liberation of 25 million Iraqis, the emergence of democratic politics, the withdrawal of Syrian troops from Lebanon, the abandonment by Libya of its nuclear weapons program.

4. I traveled in Latin America last month and wasn't harrassed once because I was an american.

MaxFisher said:

Never said anything about collapse.

But how in the hell can you say nothing of serious consequence can be attributed to Bush's decisions?

We have weakened international ties. Not only was Katrina a fucking mess, but we also found out he's appointing friends who aren't qualified. He had to have his crony pull herself out in order not to embarass himself any further. Indictments all throughout his party. He's losing support of his vocal backers and the voters.

But if you want to convince yourself, this is the America we need, then go ahead and pat yourself on the back.

I on the otherhand ask a little more from my president.

nbcrusader said:
It comes in a "GOP-controlled White House in 2008" flavor as well. :wink:

For sure!

I am going to order my "Run Condi Run" bumper sticker this week.
I think she's unbeatable!

MaxFisher said:

1. Conjecture.

2. I wasn't saying the tragedy in New Orleans wasn't serious. My point was that it wasn't the sole fault of Bush. Many circumstances played a part there.

3. Funny how you leave out any positives. Considering what the war has accomplished so far -- the destruction of the region's bloodiest dictatorship, the liberation of 25 million Iraqis, the emergence of democratic politics, the withdrawal of Syrian troops from Lebanon, the abandonment by Libya of its nuclear weapons program.

4. I traveled in Latin America last month and wasn't harrassed once because I was an american.

1. David Souter; Sandra Day O'Connor

2. of course it's not the soul fault of Bush, but it is the fault of the inability of Republicans to govern and also a direct result of how Bush uses his office -- to appoint cronies and yes-men who will help him consolidate his power and build something of a dynasty

3. while i think the end of SH was a good thing, the manner in which it was done has not resulted in the kind of liberation the Iraqis deserve, nor do things look particularly good for the future. do you really think that "shock and awe" are the best ways of going about winning people over to democracy? the decision to pursue "shock and awe" and a unilateral attack came as a direct result of the most powerful men in the administration who were more concerned with pushing an agenda, flaunting the awesome military power of the US in the face of the world, "creating" reality, and attempting to put into action Rumsfeld's fantasy of light shock troops who can take out dictatorships (or simply people we don't like) anywhere in the world. the result, of course, was the total absence of any sort of post-war planning -- but, hey, as Rummy says, "stuff happens." yeah, stuff happens when the hard-on bombing brown people gives you clouds your post-war management skills.

4. anecdotal, but i'll believe you. i haven't been abroad in a while, but the stories i hear out of europe and even korea are unpleasant

MaxFisher said:

For sure!

Condi, at least, has a brain.

Bush is a campaigner, who can't be bothered with the detail-work required for governing.

there are some GOP people out there i have time for.

Bush is an absolute horror of a human being and easily the worst president of this century, perhaps ever. the man condones fucking torture. he's representative of all that's wrong with the still-entrenched WASP power structure in this country, and has more in common with a landed, inbred 18th century aristocratic lords than with a country that is supposed to be the closest thing to a meritocracy in the world.

MaxFisher said:

1. Conjecture.
Actually no, there was an article posted in here awhile back that went through step by step how many conservative judges haved changed.
MaxFisher said:

I don't think anyone claims sole fault lies with Bush, but to sit back and shrug your shoulders and say, "no big deal he wasn't the only one" is blinding and irresponsible.
MaxFisher said:

3. Funny how you leave out any positives. Considering what the war has accomplished so far -- the destruction of the region's bloodiest dictatorship, the liberation of 25 million Iraqis, the emergence of democratic politics,
Future can only tell how this "liberation" will play out, but one can say without a doubt a poorly planned war indeed.

Irvine511 said:

1. David Souter; Sandra Day O'Connor

2. of course it's not the soul fault of Bush, but it is the fault of the inability of Republicans to govern and also a direct result of how Bush uses his office -- to appoint cronies and yes-men who will help him consolidate his power and build something of a dynasty

3. while i think the end of SH was a good thing, the manner in which it was done has not resulted in the kind of liberation the Iraqis deserve, nor do things look particularly good for the future. do you really think that "shock and awe" are the best ways of going about winning people over to democracy? the decision to pursue "shock and awe" and a unilateral attack came as a direct result of the most powerful men in the administration who were more concerned with pushing an agenda, flaunting the awesome military power of the US in the face of the world, "creating" reality, and attempting to put into action Rumsfeld's fantasy of light shock troops who can take out dictatorships (or simply people we don't like) anywhere in the world. the result, of course, was the total absence of any sort of post-war planning -- but, hey, as Rummy says, "stuff happens." yeah, stuff happens when the hard-on bombing brown people gives you clouds your post-war management skills.

4. anecdotal, but i'll believe you. i haven't been abroad in a while, but the stories i hear out of europe and even korea are unpleasant

1. Scalia, Thomas

2. Besides Brown, what other Bush "cronies" are you aware of whose inept actions are causing irrefutable harm to America?

3. Rome wasn't built in a day and neither will the democrazation of the middle east. Yes there are set back and missteps. However democracy is gaining a foot hold. Natan Sharansky's "The Case for Democracy" has really convinced my thinking on this topic.

4. Anecdotal yes, but I assure you I'm not lying.

MaxFisher said:

You've got to be drinking too much of your KoolAid if you think a black woman could win in 2008. Well, one whose name isn't Oprah anyway.

Nice dream.

anitram said:

You've got to be drinking too much of your KoolAid if you think a black woman could win in 2008. Well, one whose name isn't Oprah anyway.

Nice dream.

What do you have against black people?

MaxFisher said:

1. Scalia, Thomas

2. Besides Brown, what other Bush "cronies" are you aware of whose inept actions are causing irrefutable harm to America?

3. Rome wasn't built in a day and neither will the democrazation of the middle east. Yes there are set back and missteps. However democracy is gaining a foot hold. Natan Sharansky's "The Case for Democracy" has really convinced my thinking on this topic.

4. Anecdotal yes, but I assure you I'm not lying.

1. both were deemed to be conservative, and have pretty much been; my examples were deemed to be conservative, and have been much more liberal than thought

2. Lester Crawford; Cheryl Haplern; Mark McClellan; Julie Myers; Alberto Gonzales; Joe Allbaugh; Halliburtonl; Shaw Group; Bechtel

3. Rome wasn't built in a day, but at least they had a plan.

4. i hope you had a great time. (i really do)

MaxFisher said:

What do you have against black people?

She didn't say that.:|

Take a look at the Supreme Court, how many women, how many minorities? We still argue affirmative action, why? Advantages are still there for white men, why? There is still racism and sexism. We've taken steps backwards socially in the last few years. There is no way in 2008 that this will have changed enough.

This is all I will say for it's off topic and we've had seperate threads for this discussion.

anitram said:

Nice dream.

The more I consider what you wrote the more offended I am by it.

I try to judge a candidates merits and chances of winning by what they stand for and how well they communicate that message to the american people. Not on the color of their skin.

Nice Dream? Yes it is nice. It's MLK's dream. Which Clinton illustrated beautifully in his speech today.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Actually no, there was an article posted in here awhile back that went through step by step how many conservative judges haved changed.

Two words: Earl Warren

The conservative governor from California created the "legislate from the bench" phenomenon.

MaxFisher said:

The more I consider what you wrote the more offended I am by it.

I try to judge a candidates merits and chances of winning by what they stand for and how well they communicate that message to the american people. Not on the color of their skin.

Nice Dream? Yes it is nice. It's MLK's dream. Which Clinton illustrated beautifully in his speech today.

i think the point she's making is that while you might do that, much of the rest of the country doesn't.

i am dating someone from a very rural part of a very red state. the only crime worse than being gay in his family is getting knocked up by a black guy.

now, his family has someone to dislike more than him.

MaxFisher said:

What else can I infer from someone belittling an African American's chances.
Dude you just don't get it do you? She's belittling the socially backwards people that vote in this country. Get over yourself.

Back
Top Bottom