Congratulations President Bush

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elvis Presley

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Im so glad this election is over. I wanted to say well done to both candidates. I admit I had some real problems with both of them and it was a difficult decision for me. Congrats to Bush however, hopefully the country can stand behind him now and move on.

Elvis Presley said:
and move on.

to what? a bigger pile of shit than we're currently in?
it's the stupid fucking redneck shitheads of the south that got hm elected again.
I'm angry, and I'm not gonna be a gentleman about bush's win.

Re: Re: Congratulations President Bush

JOFO said:

to what? a bigger pile of shit than we're currently in?
it's the stupid fucking redneck shitheads of the south that got hm elected again.
I'm angry, and I'm not gonna be a gentleman about bush's win.

Wow, im sorry you are so angry. Peace to you....

yeah...congrats from the hundreds of American soldiers and tenthousands of civilians who've lost their hartbeat for it

P.S.: I'm starting to doubt Americans get the same news/info as we do in the rest of the world

Last edited:
Well, it was a fair competition, someone had to win, someone had to lose. Anger over this issue (for more than a few days) cannot help anything in my opinon.

You can hardly call it a fair competition with the voting system in the US and the way everything is going with votingmachines etc. Even in a number of Third World countries the elections are more fair than in the US.

But even though I'm not very happy with Bush winning this, there's no need to get rude I think...

Dutch Partygirl said:
You can hardly call it a fair competition with the voting system in the US and the way everything is going with votingmachines etc. Even in a number of Third World countries the elections are more fair than in the US.

But even though I'm not very happy with Bush winning this, there's no need to get rude I think...

I think it's pretty darn fair...and it is went very cleanly this time.

Uhuh, right... Voting forms getting lost in the mail by the thousands, voting machines being manufactured by a fanatic Republican, not being able to print the results on paper because the machines are broken and the results are lost (which means there can't be a recount) etc. I don't think you can call that a fair competition. By the way, I would've said this as well if Kerry would've won. It's strange to see that the country that wants to bring democracy to the world can't even organise normal elections themselves... I'm not saying that my country is all that (the Netherlands is not even close to being all that!), but at least we've got normal and fair elections.

Elections in some thirf world countries just look fair b/c often the winning party finds handy ways of legitimating themselves.

I think this was a fair election and I have a hard time sympathizing for people still complaining about the voting system when we had FOUR YEARS to speak up and try to make the change.

I am appalled and disgusted by some of the post I've read here this morning. At this point, I'd honestly rather have Kerry win so I can get ON with my life without people labelling me a bigot, racists, fundamentalist....whatever.

You're right. I'd never label you any of the things you wrote here and everybody has the right to vote for whoever they want. As long as the elections are fair and that's where my doubts surface...

Um, if people honestly believe that the Republicans are the only people who have ANY part in the voting process....well, I guess that notion is so rediculous I might as well ask...then why would the Democrats just sit around and let them? :wink:

Dutch Partygirl said:
You're right. I'd never label you any of the things you wrote here and everybody has the right to vote for whoever they want. As long as the elections are fair and that's where my doubts surface...

I think the system we have is as good a system as is out there. Its not perfect, but there are lots of people doing thier best to make this fair.

Dutch Partygirl said:
Uhuh, right... Voting forms getting lost in the mail by the thousands, voting machines being manufactured by a fanatic Republican, not being able to print the results on paper because the machines are broken and the results are lost (which means there can't be a recount) etc. I don't think you can call that a fair competition. By the way, I would've said this as well if Kerry would've won. It's strange to see that the country that wants to bring democracy to the world can't even organise normal elections themselves... I'm not saying that my country is all that (the Netherlands is not even close to being all that!), but at least we've got normal and fair elections.

No votes have been lost. We do very well for our size and diversity, thank you very much.

I'm not saying it's just the Republicans that have any part in the voting process. The point is (and it doesn't matter if it affects Republican or Democratic voters, it shouldn't affect any voter at all) that there are doubts wether the elections were fair. Elections should be fair, doesn't matter who wins. None of the votes should get lost/mistreated wether they are Republican votes or Democratic votes. It's all over the media here that there were default voting machines, voting forms getting lost, not enough voting forms etc. That's a sad thing...

Dutch Partygirl said:
I'm not saying it's just the Republicans that have any part in the voting process. The point is (and it doesn't matter if it affects Republican or Democratic voters, it shouldn't affect any voter at all) that there are doubts wether the elections were fair. Elections should be fair, doesn't matter who wins. None of the votes should get lost/mistreated wether they are Republican votes or Democratic votes. It's all over the media here that there were default voting machines, voting forms getting lost, not enough voting forms etc. That's a sad thing...

i think you should pay less attention to your media... if that was indeed a huge issue, be assured the american media & the kerry campaign would be all over it. they are not.

Dutch Partygirl said:

No votes have been lost or mistreated. Everyone so far is pretty darn satisfied with that...thank goodness.

Hello, a minor glitch in some in Florida that was fixed, nothing lost. No complaints. I have heard of no form being lost. No complaints. Not enough voting forms? I believe there was enough...and if they ever worried about it in some states, well, that's a good thing...greater voter turn-out then even expected.

I'm sorry, I didn't know you couldn't discuss this kind of thing without having all sorts of things thrown at me. I guess it's difficult having a discussion, especially through the internet. I'll shut up now...

Dutch Partygirl said:
I'm sorry, I didn't know you couldn't discuss this kind of thing without having all sorts of things thrown at me. I guess it's difficult having a discussion, especially through the internet. I'll shut up now...

I think we discussed things. You just didn't like that we refuted your assumptions.

My last post wasn't aimed at U2Travellers last post. Hadn't seen that one yet...

But anyway, congratulations to George Bush. I'm back to work now...

He's not attacking you Dutch, you don't have to go. All we're saying is that we need some proof or examples of why this election was unfair because so far everything looks clean from our (American) end. It's not enough to just say "it seems unfair....." and have people agree without any proof or solid examples.

I don't have a problem with a good discussion and I'll even admit when I'm wrong, but there were loads of one-liners going around and not a lot of arguments. Untill U2 Travellers post where he finally came up with some more substantial stuff. I don't have time to read the American papers as well, but I did have a look at the Dutch tv-channels this night and morning and there were several reports of what I described before. That's all I'm saying. And I don't expect people to agree with me. If it's not true, it's not true. But it is really strange that the media here is reporting it (and don't bring me any 'your media is on the side of John Kerry' - stuff, because that's not always true). Anyway, I really have to get back to work even though I love discussing stuff... I'm already waaaaaaay behind and I've got an interview in a couple of hours with an American band (The Killers, heard of them? They're brilliant!) that I have to get ready for... Sorry!

Well, overall it was a fair election. I wanted Kerry to win but the popular vote difference is large enough that I am not going to complain about individual states. Ohio is the only question mark, but a difference of 135,000 or so is large enough that this does not look like a repeat of Florida in 2000. So congrats to Bush and all his supporters here.

PS - Don't try to argue with U2Traveller. She is unable to comprehend any viewpoint other than her own. She has proven that over and over again in other threads. Now, I can respect a Bush supporter like Headache, he seems to understand that other viewpoints exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom