Congratulations President Bush - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-03-2004, 07:50 AM   #31
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dutch Partygirl
I don't have a problem with a good discussion and I'll even admit when I'm wrong, but there were loads of one-liners going around and not a lot of arguments. Untill U2 Travellers post where he finally came up with some more substantial stuff. I don't have time to read the American papers as well, but I did have a look at the Dutch tv-channels this night and morning and there were several reports of what I described before. That's all I'm saying. And I don't expect people to agree with me. If it's not true, it's not true. But it is really strange that the media here is reporting it (and don't bring me any 'your media is on the side of John Kerry' - stuff, because that's not always true).
So, you're saying you personally believe our election is unfair and your papers are reporting this, but you have no specific support for your claim? Even if your media was on Kerry's side, your claims wouldn't make sense b/c so far, Kerry's people have not made any claims about the election being rigged or unfair. What exactly is your media reporting?

Old 11-03-2004, 08:01 AM   #32
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:08 AM
Thats a fair question LivLuv. While I do think certain lawsuits will be filed, it will not nearly be the debacle we saw in 2000. And thank God for that.

Old 11-03-2004, 08:01 AM   #33
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:08 PM
Quote:
You can hardly call it a fair competition with the voting system in the US and the way everything is going with votingmachines etc. Even in a number of Third World countries the elections are more fair than in the US.
Perhaps you could back these statements up with fact.

Or are these statements fueled by the results of the election?
Old 11-03-2004, 08:07 AM   #34
War Child

Local Time: 08:08 AM
No, they're not fuelled by the results of the election. I for one would've been happier if Kerry would've won (even though he's not all that either), but as I said before: it doesn't matter who wins, elections have to be fair. And I don't think that what the media have been reporting on here would've changed the results dramatically, but I still think that people don't go voting for nothing, so every vote should count (wether it's a Democratic one or a Republican one).

I don't have a tv here at work and I haven't got a newspaper here, so I can't give you any exact examples at the moment. I'll have time for that tomorrow. I'm just saying what the media has been reporting on here. (by the way: you can read in my earlier posts what they've been reporting about, I'm not going to write it all again).

Bush has clearly won, that's true and that should be respected since it's the will of the people. No doubt about that. I just think that every vote should count even though it won't make any difference to the end result. And yes, it's true that it hasn't been a complete mess like four years ago...
Old 11-03-2004, 08:12 AM   #35
War Child

Local Time: 08:08 AM
By the way: this place is addictive, I really have to leave now...
Old 11-03-2004, 08:14 AM   #36
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
By the way: this place is addictive, I really have to leave now...
Give in to the addiction - we love the discussion in here!!
Old 11-03-2004, 08:21 AM   #37
War Child

Local Time: 07:08 AM
Drudge is reporting that Kerry has conceded to Bush and is planning to a public concession at 1:00 pm Eastern.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:22 AM   #38
Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Forum Moderator

It's up on Yahoo too...

Along with a pic of Bono
Old 11-03-2004, 08:27 AM   #39
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Bush won fair and square, deal with with it. Even Kerry admits it.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:29 AM   #40
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I don't have a tv here at work and I haven't got a newspaper here, so I can't give you any exact examples at the moment. I'll have time for that tomorrow. I'm just saying what the media has been reporting on here. (by the way: you can read in my earlier posts what they've been reporting about, I'm not going to write it all again).
And I'm not trying to attack you, I just want to know more specifically what your sources are (besides "the media") because our media here (the credible sources), at least to my knowledge, has not reported anything significantly unfair about this election. Every vote DOES count but at the same time, it's not impossible to call an election before all the absentee ballots are counted.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:34 AM   #41
The Fly

Local Time: 12:08 AM
Why are people in general such sore losers? I'm not just talking about Dems in this either, as both parties can be real jackasses sometimes when they lose. People can't just say that they lost and shut up about it. They have to say it was the ballot, it was the lack of voting machines, someone slashed the tires on the polling workers vans, on and on and on.

Of course, people have the right to not like who won and be disappointed, but geez don't sit in the corner throwing a temper-tantrum like a 2 yr old.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:36 AM   #42
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:08 AM
Quote:

if i'm not mistaken, the internet also works for sources. and you're posting, so you've got that, don't you?
Old 11-03-2004, 08:40 AM   #43
Refugee

Local Time: 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by jer2911
Why are people in general such sore losers? I'm not just talking about Dems in this either, as both parties can be real jackasses sometimes when they lose. People can't just say that they lost and shut up about it. They have to say it was the ballot, it was the lack of voting machines, someone slashed the tires on the polling workers vans, on and on and on.

Of course, people have the right to not like who won and be disappointed, but geez don't sit in the corner throwing a temper-tantrum like a 2 yr old.
I agree, Bush won fairly. I wish it had been different but nothing too shady happened. Sure some little problems occured but not enough to bridge the gap. However, I think there was some reason for Democrats to complain about Florida back in 2000. That was never resolved well.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:54 AM   #44
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by silenus
yeah...congrats from the hundreds of American soldiers and tenthousands of civilians who've lost their hartbeat for it

P.S.: I'm starting to doubt Americans get the same news/info as we do in the rest of the world
They do get the same news we get.

Only thing, they are not smart enough to understand those news.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:56 AM   #45
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by U2_Guy

They do get the same news we get.

Only thing, they are not smart enough to understand those news.
I'm glad the really super smart people have started posting here. The rest of us just don't understand ......