Condoms4Life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamila

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
As a person of mixed Jewish-Catholic heritage and as someone who has come to realize that condom use is the most PRACTICAL way for people who are sexually active to protect themselves from the spread of STDs and HIV/AIDS, I submit the following two websites for you to read and to ponder:

http://www.condoms4life.org/home.htm

http://www.cath4choice.org/lowbandwidth/grayblackjava4.htm

As someone raised in a Catholic household, I find these two initiatives to be refreshing and a hopeful sign that the important thing in the spread of sexually transmitted "diseases" in this world is not the judgment that one might bring from their own ideological background but in doing whatever it takes to stop the spread of "diseases" that take lives and ruin futures unnecessarily.:yes:

Especially if you're coming to this discussion from a theological viewpoint, remember what Bono has said:

there are 2103 verses in the New Testament about caring for the needs of others and only 1 verse where Jesus talks about judging others.

So, on what foundation do people who say they are Christians condemn others?:scratch:

If Catholics can overcome the inconsistencies in their theology, so can others.

WE GET TO CARRY EACH OTHER....:hug:

Jamila said:
Especially if you're coming to this discussion from a theological viewpoint, remember what Bono has said:

there are 2103 verses in the New Testament about caring for the needs of others and only 1 verse where Jesus talks about judging others.
Good point, I have nothing against people who use condoms, but some get the wrong idea that it will stop the spread of STDs.

Re: Re: Condoms4Life

Macfistowannabe said:
Good point, I have nothing against people who use condoms, but some get the wrong idea that it will stop the spread of STDs.

Errr...used correctly condoms are between 95% and 99% (depending on which study you believe) effective at preventing pregnancy and STDs. So they have a better chance than most other methods of contraception of preventing the transmission of STDs.

Back
Top Bottom