"Condoms for Life"--A Catholic Website

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As far as I can tell it's based on an antiquated notion of procreation, where the the sperm contains 100% of the life and teh woman is just an incubator. This is why birthcontrol, matrubation and male homosexuality were anathema for such a long time, as all three "wasted Seed" and to do so was to kill a potential life. THough science has shown that the sperm is only half the code and thus will never become human on its own, and that most of them die without making a life the old view continues. Hence birth contriol being held to be on the same level as abortion. That's my theory atleast. Plus procreation until pretty recent times was seen as one's duty to the human race and your people/nation.

Blacksword said:
As far as I can tell it's based on an antiquated notion of procreation, where the the sperm contains 100% of the life and teh woman is just an incubator. This is why birthcontrol, matrubation and male homosexuality were anathema for such a long time, as all three "wasted Seed" and to do so was to kill a potential life. THough science has shown that the sperm is only half the code and thus will never become human on its own, and that most of them die without making a life the old view continues. Hence birth contriol being held to be on the same level as abortion. That's my theory atleast. Plus procreation until pretty recent times was seen as one's duty to the human race and your people/nation.

I see.

Angela

Way to lay on more guilt for those dirty sinners who don't!
:rolleyes:

I kid, I kid. Its a great step forward. Lets hope they keep moving forward.

Blacksword said:

You've pretty much hit the medieval stoic reasoning on the dot.

Melon

Yeah, thanks for the Blacksword. I'm not going to judge ancient peoples, perhaps this made sense to them then. But this is now. :D

(Does anyone else have a certain Monty Python song in their head? About every sperm being sacred? :lmao: )

SD

It should be mentioned that this site is meaningless in terms of influencing the Vatican. Remember that the Catholic Church is an autocracy, and they'll stick with their stubborn beliefs until the very end.

Melon

Blacksword said:

-hebrews 13:8

Melon--perhaps, perhaps not. Speaking out is still important. That's how change has always happened.

Julles--what's the verse? How does it relate to our chat? Talk to us. :D :wave:

SD

Blacksword said:
This is why birthcontrol, matrubation and male homosexuality were anathema for such a long time, as all three "wasted Seed" and to do so was to kill a potential life.

So does that mean it's only guys who aren't allowed to masturbate or be gay? :lol: :rolleyes: Guess I'll just be grateful for being born a girl. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom