Colin Powell Sings YMCA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ThatGuy

Refugee
capt.lon82607021755.indonesia_gala_powell_lon826.jpg

Colin Powell Sings Village People Song

Fri Jul 2, 1:03 PM ET

By SLOBODAN LEKIC, Associated Press Writer

JAKARTA, Indonesia - U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell (news - web sites) donned a hard hat and tucked a hammer in his belt Friday to perform a version of the Village People's hit "YMCA" at the conclusion of Asia's largest security meeting — which tradition says ends with a night of skit and song.

Powell danced alongside five other U.S. officials dressed in fancy dress and blasted out a version of the 1970s disco classic to the delight of foreign ministers from across the Asia-Pacific and Europe.

"President Bush (news - web sites), he said to me, Colin I need you to run the department of state. We are between a rock and a hard place," Powell and his colleagues sang to the tune of the disco classic.

The after-dinner show is an annual highlight of the ASEAN Regional Forum, a time for ministers to loosen up after discussing security issues. Footage of the closed-door event was obtained by Associated Press Television News

The Russian delegation, headed by that country's Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov, sang a version of the Beatles "Yellow Submarine" as a women waving a Russian flag ran around the dinner tables.

Indian Foreign Minister counterpart Natwar Singh read a poem before his delegation burst into a song. "I'm not worried — but the audience should be," Singh told The Associated Press before attending the gala dinner.

In 1997 Madeleine Albright (news - web sites), bowled over the ministers when she performed a musical skit dressed as Evita Peron.

The traditional jamboree at the conclusion of the conference is closed to the press, but reporters regularly go out of their way to get the scoop.

capt.lon82407021758.indonesia_gala_powell_lon824.jpg

Eh, I guess this may be more appropriate in LS. Mods?

Last edited:
In his construction/hazmat outfit, he could have served deficiency in conscripts better, with "in the navy"...

Who needs the draft when you've got Powell on the draught?

:sexywink:

While this was going on I was singing rocketman while impersonating William Shatner (And won our team the Geek Trivia Comp @ a Lan, Wohoo!).

At least we can be pleased that Powell wasn't leatherman.

Back
Top Bottom