Colin Powell

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BonosSaint

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Don't know about all of you, but I'm going to miss Colin Powell. He's the only person in government I vaguely believed.

I would have to agree, he is one of the few members of that administration I have any time for.

I respected right up until the whole UN fiasco and ever since then he came off as an administration puppet. I don't even think he believed the words coming out of his mouth. He really has disappointed me recently.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
I respected right up until the whole UN fiasco and ever since then he came off as an administration puppet. I don't even think he believed the words coming out of his mouth. He really has disappointed me recently.

I was disappointed from the time he crawled into bed with little Bushie. But I'm sure he got what he wanted.

I was really pissed off at the U.N. speech. Still, Powell is basically a moderate rather than a hard-liner and we're losing a voice of moderation.

I can't wait to read his memoirs one day about all his run-ins with Rumsfeld and his relationship with Bush (which must have been frustrating at times!)

BonoVoxSupastar said:

I agree. I think he was one of the few Bush appointees to be actually well-qualified for his job, but the UN speech was a low point not just in his career but our nation's history.

Still, even with that, I think the Bush administration will be worse off without him, as Condoleeza Rice has shown herself to be staggeringly incompetent.

strannix said:

I agree. I think he was one of the few Bush appointees to be actually well-qualified for his job, but the UN speech was a low point not just in his career but our nation's history.

Still, even with that, I think the Bush administration will be worse off without him, as Condoleeza Rice has shown herself to be staggeringly incompetent.

yes
yes
Condi is incompentent and Madeline Albright was such a shining star:wink: :lol:

db9

diamond said:

yes
yes
Condi is incompentent and Madeline Albright was such a shining star:wink: :lol:

db9

Well, that's neither here nor there as far as I can tell. Please, if you're going to respond, at least respond with something relevant.

Back
Top Bottom