Colbert Roasts Bush, Bush Is Not Amused - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-03-2006, 03:03 PM   #76
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
how i dream that the moderates from both party's stick a middle finger to the ideologue's on both side and form a viable 3rd party.

a man can dream, can't he...
I couldn't have said it any better

I must admit this was just tremendous!!!!! Colbert rules!!!

Old 05-03-2006, 03:24 PM   #77
Blue Crack Addict

http://www.crooksandliars.com/

Colbert: The greatest thing about this man is he's steady. You know where he stands. He believes the same thing Wednesday that he believed on Monday, no matter what happened Tuesday. Events can change, this man's beliefs never will.

Zoller: "What came to mind after seeing "United 93" this weekend is 9/11 was a Tuesday, so that was -- and he probably didn't even think about a that, but for me, having lost friends in the World Trade Towers that was the first thing I thought of. "

Old 05-04-2006, 01:03 AM   #78
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:21 PM
how about this sticker? http://www.cafepress.com/buy/colbert.../fpt_/c_/hlv_t

Old 05-04-2006, 01:19 AM   #79
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen

Colbert: The greatest thing about this man is he's steady. You know where he stands. He believes the same thing Wednesday that he believed on Monday, no matter what happened Tuesday. Events can change, this man's beliefs never will.

Zoller: "What came to mind after seeing "United 93" this weekend is 9/11 was a Tuesday, so that was -- and he probably didn't even think about a that, but for me, having lost friends in the World Trade Towers that was the first thing I thought of. "
9/11!!!!!!!
Old 05-04-2006, 07:03 AM   #80
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2democrat

The lack of coverage by the media of Colbert shows A) Their arrogance

B) It just proves everything he was saying!!!
Quote:
Instapundit on the law of diminishing returns.
2004: "Darn you mainstream media, you're ignoring a US ambassador whose visit to Niger exposed Bush!"

2005: "Darn you mainstream media, you're ignoring a UK official whose memo to 10 Downing exposed Bush!"

2006: "Darn you mainstream media, you're ignoring a comedian whose performance at a press roast exposed Bush!"
Old 05-25-2006, 08:51 AM   #81
Blue Crack Addict

http://thinkprogress.org/2006/05/24/delay-colbert/

"A good sign that Tom DeLay doesn’t have the facts on his side: the top source for his latest defense against his critics is Stephen Colbert.

This morning, DeLay’s legal defense fund sent out a mass email criticizing the movie “The Big Buy: Tom DeLay’s Stolen Congress,” by “Outfoxed” creator Robert Greenwald.

The email features a “one-pager on the truth behind Liberal Hollywood’s the Big Buy,” and the lead item is Colbert’s interview with Greenwald on Comedy Central (where Colbert plays a faux-conservative, O’Reilly-esque character). The headline of the “fact sheet”:

DeLay thinks Colbert is so persuasive, he’s now featuring the full video of the interview at the top of the legal fund’s website. And why not? According to the email, Greenwald “crashed and burned” under the pressure of Colbert’s hard-hitting questions, like “Who hates America more, you or Michael Moore?”

Apparently the people at DeLay’s legal fund think that Colbert is actually a conservative. Or maybe they’re just that desperate for supporters. "
Old 05-25-2006, 11:04 AM   #82
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:21 PM
Great Minds...I was just going to post that.

Stupid.

Colbert must be loving it

On another note, a congressman tries to turn the tables on Colbert but it's really really really lame and kind of painful:

http://kingston.house.gov/top10/JourneysWithJack.htm
Old 05-25-2006, 02:34 PM   #83
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:21 PM
Problem is, many viewers of the Daily Show and the Colbet Report think they are watching real news (which is a lot easier than finding New York on a map).
Old 05-25-2006, 10:23 PM   #84
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
Problem is, many viewers of the Daily Show and the Colbet Report think they are watching real news (which is a lot easier than finding New York on a map).
I know, that's really sad.

What's even more sad is that they're missing out on most of the jokes! Half of it is the way they make fun of the real news.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:54 PM   #85
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
I know they aren't real news shows, but what's on CNN and MSNBC and Fox News aren't exactly what I would call real "news" anymore, either. I was in the break room at work eating lunch today, and they had the TV tuned to MSNBC. They were going on and on about last night's American Idol finale for at least 20 minutes - maybe longer, since the segment was already underway when I got to the break room.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:50 PM   #86
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Is there any study that actually shows that to be true?

I know there is one that shows that the Daily Show audience is better informed and more educated than viewers of mainstream media shows (FOX, NBC, etc).

So I doubt the veracity of the statement.