Colbert Roasts Bush, Bush Is Not Amused - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-30-2006, 02:44 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 03:02 AM
Re: Re: Colbert Roasts Bush, Bush Is Not Amused

Quote:
Originally posted by STING2


Well, what can you do when your party has been defeated in all the elections over the past 6 years for control of the White House, Senate, and House of Representatives?
Yes, the trip and scenery are magnificent while traveling on the Hindenburg, enjoy your landing.
__________________

__________________
deep is offline  
Old 04-30-2006, 02:58 PM   #17
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Lila64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ♥Set List Lane♥
Posts: 52,710
Local Time: 04:02 AM
got this emailed from a friend. Watching it now...
__________________

__________________
Lila64 is offline  
Old 04-30-2006, 03:03 PM   #18
ONE
love, blood, life
 
melon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 11,781
Local Time: 06:02 AM
Re: Re: Colbert Roasts Bush, Bush Is Not Amused

Quote:
Originally posted by STING2
Well, what can you do when your party has been defeated in all the elections over the past 6 years for control of the White House, Senate, and House of Representatives?
If you're going to lose, you're going to lose. And this is applicable to both political parties over the years.

However, if you're going to lose, the least you can do is fight and be a strong opposition party. Then when the ruling party is a corrupt mess, people will know that there's an alternative right around the corner.

Melon
__________________
melon is offline  
Old 04-30-2006, 03:04 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 24,979
Local Time: 06:02 AM
I missed the rerun, I hope they show it again. Colbert is in the new Time 100 Most Influential issue

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...187672,00.html
__________________
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 04-30-2006, 03:14 PM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life
 
melon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 11,781
Local Time: 06:02 AM
Colbert will be on "60 Minutes" tonight. I'm sure the interview was done before this latest spectacle, but I'm sure people might be interested anyway.

Melon
__________________
melon is offline  
Old 04-30-2006, 03:14 PM   #21
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Lila64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ♥Set List Lane♥
Posts: 52,710
Local Time: 04:02 AM
__________________
Lila64 is offline  
Old 04-30-2006, 03:48 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 8,876
Local Time: 11:02 AM
Re: Re: Re: Colbert Roasts Bush, Bush Is Not Amused

Quote:
Originally posted by deep


Yes, the trip and scenery are magnificent while traveling on the Hindenburg, enjoy your landing.
Essentially what Democrats have been telling Republicans since November 2000. Enjoy the next 10 years of Republican control of the White House. Perhaps after McCains presidency ends in 2017, the Democrats might have a chance.
__________________
STING2 is offline  
Old 04-30-2006, 04:42 PM   #23
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,236
Local Time: 05:02 AM
That was amazing. Stephen Colbert has brass balls. He had to have known that he would not be received well, but he didn't shy away at all. Uncomfortable to watch, but absolutely brilliant.

And the press got it far worse than the president did.
__________________
Diemen is offline  
Old 04-30-2006, 04:43 PM   #24
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2democrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: England by way of 'Murica.
Posts: 22,140
Local Time: 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Diemen
That was amazing. Stephen Colbert has brass balls. He had to have known that he would not be received well, but he didn't shy away at all. Uncomfortable to watch, but absolutely brilliant.

And the press got it far worse than the president did.
It was perfect...he said what needed to be said.


I LOVED the Helen Thomas skit...I was absolutely rolling. Stephen Colbert is brilliant.
__________________
U2democrat is offline  
Old 04-30-2006, 04:44 PM   #25
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,284
Local Time: 06:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Diemen


And the press got it far worse than the president did.
Deservedly so!

Quote:
Perhaps after McCains presidency ends in 2017, the Democrats might have a chance
Colbert brilliantly roasted him over his Bob Jones visit and pandering to bigots. If McCain wants to be a bigot by-proxy, let it be known to everyone.
__________________
anitram is offline  
Old 04-30-2006, 04:52 PM   #26
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 03:02 AM
2000 was probably McCains golden year.


Bob Dole was seen as an independent moderate. He may have peaked in 1980.

McCain will have as difficult a time as McCellan did
with having to deal with 180 degree contradictions.
__________________
deep is offline  
Old 04-30-2006, 04:54 PM   #27
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 03:02 AM
Oh, and I did watch the stream

and I will say

Scalia, did take his ribbing well.
Not a fan of him, but will give him props for laughing at himself.
__________________
deep is offline  
Old 04-30-2006, 06:37 PM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 8,876
Local Time: 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by deep
2000 was probably McCains golden year.


Bob Dole was seen as an independent moderate. He may have peaked in 1980.

McCain will have as difficult a time as McCellan did
with having to deal with 180 degree contradictions.
The Democrats know they probably have no one who can beat McCain. Hillary Clinton could potentially lose by double digits. Their best hope was for the conservatives in the Republican party to beat him, or for McCain not to run, but the elites are now lining up behind him. The flurry of recent negative articles by the left about McCain is another sign of just how worried they are, despite the fact that the campaign is still 1-2 years away.
__________________
STING2 is offline  
Old 04-30-2006, 06:42 PM   #29
Blue Crack Addict
 
nbcrusader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 22,071
Local Time: 03:02 AM
Re: Re: Re: Colbert Roasts Bush, Bush Is Not Amused

Quote:
Originally posted by melon
However, if you're going to lose, the least you can do is fight and be a strong opposition party. Then when the ruling party is a corrupt mess, people will know that there's an alternative right around the corner.
True. That's what put the Republicans in power starting back in the '80's.
__________________
nbcrusader is offline  
Old 04-30-2006, 06:43 PM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 8,876
Local Time: 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by anitram


Deservedly so!



Colbert brilliantly roasted him over his Bob Jones visit and pandering to bigots. If McCain wants to be a bigot by-proxy, let it be known to everyone.
Its laughable that anyone could label McCain a bigot considering what he has done for this country. The Democrats only strategy against McCain is attempting to smear him in that way. It will do little to offset a blow out victory(compared to recent presidential elections) for McCain against Hillary Clinton if the Democrats choose her to be their nominee. Even a liberal like Chris Matthews has stated that if McCain decides to run, the Presidency is his.
__________________

__________________
STING2 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com